Rack FSU Offense

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

TheChief
Elwood

Rack FSU Offense

Post by TheChief »

Gotta rack the Noles for the 4th qtr touchdown drive to go up 9 on the Canes. Wildest, wierdest, most fucked up game I have ever seen, but at least they didn't become pussies and lose. Good win over the Canes.

4-1 and the offense is finally showing signs of development. That is the first time I can say that since Chris Rix was a freshman.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: Rack FSU Offense

Post by Shoalzie »

It was a strange day in the ACC overall...

The FSU-Miami game high-scoring game in the rain
The UNC-UConn game with the lights going out in the second half and finishing the game in near darkness
Upstart Duke gets shutout by Georgia Tech
A pretty good Maryland team gets thumped by a bad Virginia team
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

No doubt. WHere did Virginia come from? I could not believe that score when I saw it! Crazy.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

TheChief wrote:No doubt. WHere did Virginia come from? I could not believe that score when I saw it! Crazy.
It's called perennially underachieving Maryland football is a great way to break a skid.
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

The O line, which is the youngest in the country ( 3 true freshman starers and 2 sophs) has progressed quickly. Makes all the difference in the world.
Fuck the ACLU. It will always be Merry Christmas to me.

Barrack Obama is lib speak for Jimmy Carter
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Why is it that the FSU-miami game always makes me feel like throwing up at the end?

Great 1st half. Awesome drive in the fourth to put the game away.

Was FSU trying an onside kick after going up 24-0?

Were was this play calling in the wake forest game?
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

Fisher was asked about the kick before half time...he said esco (sp?) just missed the kick because of nerves or the weather....

Hopefully FSU doesn't shit an egg on next Thursday night.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

FSU is 5-4 in thursday night games. First ACC loss was on thursday night. I saw some website that said only 17 out of 59 away teams won thursday night games from 2003 to 2007

Mark it zero dude

FSU is going to tank it. You know it and I know it. I called the Wake game and I am calling this game.

I dont know why our AD doesnt put a stop to us playing Thursday night games. Bowden hates them.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Mr T wrote:I dont know why our AD doesnt put a stop to us playing Thursday night games. Bowden hates them.
Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer.
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

It's gotta turn around sometime. I'm keeping the faith!
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

TheChief wrote:It's gotta turn around sometime. I'm keeping the faith!
It will turn around. Just not on a thursday night away game.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Mr T wrote:I dont know why our AD doesnt put a stop to us playing Thursday night games. Bowden hates them.
Spetman can't do anything about it since the ACC has a contract with ESPN and schedules the Thursday night games. FSU refuses to host a Thursday night home game because it is too much of a clusterfuck with the Admin Offices located at the stadium and minimal parking. I was a Junior back in 2002 when FSU hosted Clemson. Boosters and alumni were upset b/c they couldn't find parking due to spaces taken up by students and administrators who were at Doak Campbell. Dave Hart cancelled classes on Friday for a "Fall Break" and was raked over the goals by the media, so FSU vowed to never host another Thursday night game. The only way it works logistics wise would be to cancel Thursday and Friday classes and that is not going to happen.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Thats some fucking bullshit. The ACC has a contract with ESPN, so let the teams above the state of florida have at it. Is it in the espn contract that FSU must be on the thursday night sked? I doubt it.

I wish FSU, Miami, and PSU would just go back to being Independents.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mr T wrote:I wish FSU, Miami, and PSU would just go back to being Independents.
So do I.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Mr T wrote:Thats some fucking bullshit. The ACC has a contract with ESPN, so let the teams above the state of florida have at it. Is it in the espn contract that FSU must be on the thursday night sked? I doubt it.

I wish FSU, Miami, and PSU would just go back to being Independents.

I agree.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Mr T wrote:I wish FSU, Miami, and PSU would just go back to being Independents.
So do I.
I am glad we're in the Big 10 - I want to be in a challenging conference. I love the fact that we have 8 yearly conference (potentially difficult) games that our spreadsheet-oriented AD cannot take away from us in the ever broadening search for Geld. It has been made sparklingly apparent that our AD seeks as many home cupcake matchups as he can get, and that going forward, those 8 conference games are the last chance we have at competing with top-level talent. I think you become and stay a good team when you face regular challenges. I do not want the program and fan base to be consumed by the debate of who we schedule any more than it is currently.

I love the fact that PSU has basically broken even in conference play. This year, we're a little better than usual so far...
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Mr T wrote:FSU is going to tank it.
Mr T wrote:It will turn around. Just not on a thursday night away game.
Well FSU tanked it but thank god we were playing the worst team in the ACC.

Somehow its hard being confident in a team that allowed one the worst rushing teams 150 yards and we only got 130 on one of the worst rush defenses.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

I'll take a Thursday night road win no matter the score. Road teams have a winning pct of about 33% since 2002. Ask USC if it is a walk in the park. I was glad to see the team stay poised and come back not once, but twice on the road.
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

Mr T wrote:
Mr T wrote:FSU is going to tank it.
Mr T wrote:It will turn around. Just not on a thursday night away game.
Well FSU tanked it but thank god we were playing the worst team in the ACC.

Somehow its hard being confident in a team that allowed one the worst rushing teams 150 yards and we only got 130 on one of the worst rush defenses.
You could just say, "Chief, you were right and I was wrong". ;)
In all seriousness the defense played pretty unmotivated in the first quarter. After that they were fine. I saw a lot of young mistakes (Oline holding, Surrency drops), but also a lot of positives about this team.

Not sure what your expectations are, but I hoped this team would end up at least over .500 this year. So far at this point in the season, they are impressive...we wont be a top tier team for another year, but it is undeniable that they are on the right track finally!
Go Noles!
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

i figured this team should easily get above .500 with two games versus D1AA schools.

I think we at least finish in the top 2 of the division.

I see the next three games like this....

VT has a young team like FSU. Two sophmore QBs. This game will come down to momentum and whoever tries to force the most footballs in coverage. With this game being in Tally, I give the noles the nod.

GT is a lot like Wake. They play good solid football with very little mistakes. If you dont make mistakes you will beat them, but if you make a mistake they will make you pay. If we limit turnovers and penalties, there is no reason why we shouldnt beat GT.

Clemson will have to get the ground game going. If they do, considering NCST did, they could run away with this game. With tommy gone, i hope FSU goes back to beating clemson like they did in the 90s.

Winning out is not out of the question but this kids will have to battle all the way to do it. I am waiting for next year and the year after, if this young o-line keeps improving and ponder improves.
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

Mr T wrote:i figured this team should easily get above .500 with two games versus D1AA schools.

I think we at least finish in the top 2 of the division.

I see the next three games like this....

VT has a young team like FSU. Two sophmore QBs. This game will come down to momentum and whoever tries to force the most footballs in coverage. With this game being in Tally, I give the noles the nod.

GT is a lot like Wake. They play good solid football with very little mistakes. If you dont make mistakes you will beat them, but if you make a mistake they will make you pay. If we limit turnovers and penalties, there is no reason why we shouldnt beat GT.

Clemson will have to get the ground game going. If they do, considering NCST did, they could run away with this game. With tommy gone, i hope FSU goes back to beating clemson like they did in the 90s.

Winning out is not out of the question but this kids will have to battle all the way to do it. I am waiting for next year and the year after, if this young o-line keeps improving and ponder improves.
Agreed. The next six games are straight toss ups! I like your break down and agree with the points. VT and GT scare me. Hell, all the Conference games scare me. Anything can happen from this point.