T1B FHL 2K8 (Keeper League)

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

Shoalzie
WingNut

T1B FHL 2K8 (Keeper League)

Post by Shoalzie »

The league is now formed on Yahoo! and for everyone from last year that played and is planning on playing this year, I'd like to get your definite keeper lists from you as soon as you get a chance. In the event that you can't play or you don't want to play, I'll go look for a replacement GM for your team and they will be able to select keepers from last year's roster.

Here's a link to last year's league and click "Final Rosters" if you need a reminder who you had on your team...
http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/a ... 2007/10971

Here's the link to the 2008 league...
http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/l ... 1b_fhl_2k8

League Name: T1B FHL 2K8
League ID: 2101
Password: keeper

The live draft is scheduled for Sunday, September 28 at 7:00 pm (EDT). Please let me know if there is a conflict with that time because I'd like to have everyone present for the draft but Yahoo! does have a feature where I can assign your keepers from last year so it's not something we have to do during the draft.

This is the draft order:
1ST-4TH ROUND
*Keepers Reselected

5TH ROUND
1. East Compton Clovers
2. FU
3. Vicksburg Lakers
4. Greasebusters
5. Bay Street Bashers
6. Tokyo Habs
7. Kenora Thistles
8. M'Toba Mooseknuckles
9. Victoria Cougars
10. Sex Panthers

6TH ROUND
1. Sex Panthers
2. Victoria Cougars
3. M'Toba Mooseknuckles
4. Kenora Thistles
5. Tokyo Habs
6. Bay Street Bashers
7. Greasebusters
8. Vicksburg Lakers
9. FU
10. East Compton Clovers

It's pretty much the same setup as last year with 10 forwards, 5 defensemen and 2 goalies as your active roster with 5 bench spot and one IR spot. I did add SH points so we now have 11 categories.

Reminder on the keeper rules:
1. You may keep a minimum of 4 players and a maximum of 5 players.
2. You can't keep more than 3 forwards whether you're keeping 4 or 5 players.
3. Keeping a 5th player will forfeit your "first round" pick. All teams that keep 4 players will draft before those who keep 5 players.

The keeper list from the end of last year (as of April 13):
Bay Street Bashers (4): G Evgeni Nabokov, G Vesa Toskala, F Alexander Ovechkin, F Jason Spezza
East Compton Clovers: NONE
FU: NONE
Greasebusters: NONE
Kenora Thistles (4): G Ryan Miller, F Dany Heatley, F Mike Richards, D Mike Green
M'Toba Mooseknuckles (5): G Henrik Lundqvist, F Ilya Kovalchuk, F Vincent Lecavalier, F Eric Staal, D Michal Rozsival
Sex Panthers: NONE
Tokyo Habs (4): G Carey Price, F Evgeni Malkin, F Henrik Zetterberg, D Dion Phaneuf
Vicksburg Lakers (4): G Martin Brodeur, G Marty Turco, F Ryan Getzlaf, D Chris Pronger
Victoria Cougars (4): G Roberto Luongo, G Chris Osgood, F Pavel Datsyuk, D Pavel Kubina

Please confirm your selections and I'll put them on your roster prior to the draft.

If you'd like to talk amongst yourselves and make deals for keeper players in exchange for draft picks, I won't discourage it. There's some extra maneuvering I'd have to do with the draft order but I think we can make it work. As long as you end up with 22 players after keepers and the draft, that's all I'm concerned about.

Thanks for your cooperation and I look forward to competing with all of you again this season!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: T1B FHL 2K8 (Keeper League)

Post by Shoalzie »

The Vicksburg Lakers are keeping:

F Ryan Getzlaf, ANA
D Chris Pronger, ANA
G Martin Brodeur, NJ
G Marty Turco, DAL

I've chosen to keep my 1st round pick rather than keeping a 5th player.

I'm leaving the following players from my final roster exposed for the draft:

F Jason Arnott, NSH
F Shane Doan, PHO
F Patrik Elias, NJ
F Loui Eriksson, DAL
F Mike Fisher, OTT
F Chuck Kobasew, BOS
F Joffrey Lupul, PHI
F Steve Reinprecht, PHO
F Joe Sakic, COL
F Ryan Smyth, COL
F Radim Vrbata, TB
F Wojtek Wolski, COL
F Nikolai Zherdev, NYR

D Jay Bouwmeester, FLA
D Brian Campbell, CHI
D Scott Niedermayer, ANA
D Paul Ranger, TB

G Manny Legace, STL
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

I am not able to log into the league with the ID and password that you provided.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Mucho, I saw your e-mail...everyone who is trying to get in, use the league ID: 2101. keeper is the correct password.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Keepers Update
Bay Street Bashers
East Compton Clovers
FU
*Greasebusters (4) -- Alexander Frolov, Olli Jokinen, Nicklas Lidstrom, Miikka Kiprusoff
Kenora Thistles
*M'Toba Mooseknuckles (5) -- Vincent Lecavalier, Ilya Kovalchuk, Eric Staal, Michal Rozsival, Henrik Lundqvist
*Sex Panthers -- T.B.A.
*Tokyo Habs (4) -- Evgeni Malkin, Henrik Zetterberg, Dion Phaneuf, Carey Price
*Vicksburg Lakers (4) -- Ryan Getzlaf, Chris Pronger, Martin Brodeur, Marty Turco
Victoria Cougars

*=denotes team has re-entered the league
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Bay Street Bashers will be protecting 4 players: G Evgeni Nabokov, G Vesa Toskala, F Alexander Ovechkin, F Jason Spezza

And keeping the 1st round draft spot.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

We've currently got 7 of the 10 teams back in the fold. I'm looking for a potential replacement GM for the East Compton Clovers if Ana Ng chooses to not return and I've yet to hear back from Rack Fu or the GM of the Victoria Cougars. I'd really like it to have this league filled out in the next week or two and have the keepers finalized well before the draft. If you have confirmed your keeper picks or even made your picks for that matter, please do so as soon as you can.

Thanks!

Keepers Update
*Bay Street Bashers (4) -- Alexander Ovechkin, Jason Spezza, Evgeni Nabokov, Vesa Toskala
East Compton Clovers
FU
*Greasebusters (4) -- Alexander Frolov, Olli Jokinen, Nicklas Lidstrom, Miikka Kiprusoff
*Kenora Thistles -- T.B.D.
*M'Toba Mooseknuckles (5) -- Vincent Lecavalier, Ilya Kovalchuk, Eric Staal, Michal Rozsival, Henrik Lundqvist (Forfeits draft pick)
*Sex Panthers -- T.B.D.
*Vicksburg Lakers (4) -- Ryan Getzlaf, Chris Pronger, Martin Brodeur, Marty Turco
Victoria Cougars

Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I do have a person lined up to fill in for Ana Ng...I gave them the password to join the league but if she wants to play, I'll let her back in. I also have another person lined up in case we don't get everyone back in from last year.

Keepers Update
*Bay Street Bashers (4) -- Alexander Ovechkin, Jason Spezza, Evgeni Nabokov, Vesa Toskala
%French Toast Pylons (4) -- Daniel Alfredsson, Corey Perry, Joe Thornton, Lubomir Visnovsky
FU
*Kenora Thistles -- T.B.D.
*M'Toba Mooseknuckles (5) -- Vincent Lecavalier, Ilya Kovalchuk, Eric Staal, Michal Rozsival, Henrik Lundqvist (Forfeits draft pick)
*Sex Panthers -- T.B.D.
Victoria Cougars

%=replacement for East Compton Clovers
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

I think I'm gonna pass on the keeper league.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

That's cool, man...thanks for me letting me know. I've got a couple people that can probably take your spot in the league so it's all good.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Official Keepers List
#Crease Monkeys (4) -- Marian Hossa, Jaroma Iginla, Sergei Gonchar, Marc-Andre Fleury
%French Toast Pylons (4) -- Daniel Alfredsson, Corey Perry, Joe Thornton, Lubomir Visnovsky
*Kenora Thistles (4) -- Dany Heatley, Mike Richards, Mike Green, Ryan Miller
*Sex Panthers (5) -- Sidney Crosby, Marian Gaborik, Alexei Kovalev, Zdeno Chara, Jean-Sebastien Giguere (Forfeits draft pick)
*Victoria Cougars (4) -- Pavel Datsyuk, Pavel Kubina, Roberto Luongo, Chris Osgood

%=replacement for East Compton Clovers
#=replacement for FU
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Since I got everyone's keeper list, I went ahead and entered our draft order and assigned the keepers to each of your teams so we're all set for draft day.

The Mooseknuckles and Sex Panthers have opted to go with 5 keepers and have waived their fifth round pick. This is how the start of our draft will go...

5th Round (1st Round of the draft)
41. French Toast Pylons
42. Crease Monkeys
43. Vicksburg Lakers
44. Greasebusters
45. Bay Street Bashers
46. Tokyo Habs
47. Kenora Thistles
48. M'Toba Mooseknuckles (NO PICK)
49. Victoria Cougars
50. Sex Panthers (NO PICK)

6th Round (2nd Round of the draft)
51. Sex Panthers
52. Victoria Cougars
53. M'Toba Mooseknuckles
54. Kenora Thistles
55. Tokyo Habs
56. Bay Street Bashers
57. Greasebusters
58. Vicksburg Lakers
59. Crease Monkeys
60. French Toast Pylons

For the complete draft list...
http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/h ... aftresults

I'm going to leave this open to all of you...you may talk trade amongst each other involving keepers and/or draft picks prior to draft day. I can set custom draft orders for each round and I can always change the keepers each team is assigned to so the draft order and keepers aren't locked in permanently. The bottom line is that you must end up with 22 players after the draft...so keep that in mind if you're going to make a trade.

Also, if you choose to keep different players from your roster, you have until just prior to the draft to make your final final choices. Right now, I'm just going by what you've told me...you can still change your mind between now and then.

Thanks again to everyone for your cooperation!