McCain's Veep

The best of the best
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Re: McCain's Veep

Post by smackaholic »

I really thought the dems wouldn't be dumb enough to go to the lack of experience card, but, you could go broke betting against dem stupidity in presidential elections over the last 40 years or so.

Here's the big problem with going to the experience card.

You have two folks here with comparable lack of experience. One is running for prez, the other, v prez. Anyone with more than 3 braincells to rub together knows that this putts the side running for prez at a distinct disadvantage.

As for me, giving the track record in DC over the last half century, I kinda think a lack of experience is not neccessarily a bad thing.

So what does matter?

Accomplishments.

Here's my scorecard in this area.

McCain- He fucking lived through hell as a POW. He had the opportunity to take advantage of his position as an admiral's kid. But, he knew that it would hurt the cause if he walked out on his brothers. So, he sacked up and took a few more years of beatings like a man. This proves one thing beyond a doubt. He needs a wheel barrel to carry his stones around in. Not a bad trait in the world we live in.
He also has a record of not being a party puppet. He and Joe Liberman are the only 2 in the entire fukking senate that can say this without question. There may be others, but none come to mind.
In a time where partisan bullshit is so strong, I admire this, despite the fact it often meant he took positions I disagree with.

grade- A-

Obama-He's so clean. He cockblocked hillary

grade- D+ throw out the hillary cockblock and he's an F-

Palin- She's a relative newb compared to the old white dudes, but, in her short time of running things she has shown a knack for actually cutting gubmint spending and castrating hacks in her own party.
And she got some nice titties.

grade- B+

Biden- He was right on the war at the start. He was right about carving the artifical state of Iraq up early on. But then, he did what the rest of the democrat lemmings did. He jumped to the other side when the war hit it's first bump in the road. This makes him worse than those who were oppossed from the start.

grade- D If he had stayed the course on his war position, he would rate much higher. Of course he would also have an I after his name now like another Joe in the senate.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

The hostess with the moosest
Mark Steyn

Over in the Frumistan province of the NR caliphate, our pal David is not happy about the Palin pick. I am - for several reasons.

First, Governor Palin is not merely, as Jay describes her, "all-American", but hyper-American. What other country in the developed world produces beauty queens who hunt caribou and serve up a terrific moose stew? As an immigrant, I'm not saying I came to the United States purely to meet chicks like that, but it was certainly high on my list of priorities. And for the gun-totin' Miss Wasilla then to go on to become Governor while having five kids makes it an even more uniquely American story. Next to her resume, a guy who's done nothing but serve in the phony-baloney job of "community organizer" and write multiple autobiographies looks like just another creepily self-absorbed lifelong member of the full-time political class that infests every advanced democracy.

Second, it can't be in Senator Obama's interest for the punditocracy to spends its time arguing about whether the Republicans' vice-presidential pick is "even more" inexperienced than the Democrats' presidential one.

Third, real people don't define "experience" as appearing on unwatched Sunday-morning talk shows every week for 35 years and having been around long enough to have got both the War on Terror and the Cold War wrong. (On the first point, at the Gun Owners of New Hampshire dinner in the 2000 campaign, I remember Orrin Hatch telling me sadly that he was stunned to discover how few Granite State voters knew who he was.) Sarah Palin and Barack Obama are more or less the same age, but Governor Palin has run a state and a town and a commercial fishing operation, whereas (to reprise a famous line on the Rev Jackson) Senator Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. She's done the stuff he's merely a poseur about. Post-partisan? She took on her own party's corrupt political culture directly while Obama was sucking up to Wright and Ayers and being just another get-along Chicago machine pol (see his campaign's thuggish attempt to throttle Stanley Kurtz and Milt Rosenberg on WGN the other night).

Fourth, Governor Palin has what the British Labour Party politician Denis Healy likes to call a "hinterland" - a life beyond politics. Whenever Senator Obama attempts anything non-political (such as bowling), he comes over like a visiting dignitary to a foreign country getting shanghaied into some impenetrable local folk ritual. Sarah Palin isn't just on the right side of the issues intellectually. She won't need the usual stage-managed "hunting" trip to reassure gun owners: she's lived the Second Amendment all her life. Likewise, on abortion, we're often told it's easy to be against it in principle but what if you were a woman facing a difficult birth or a handicapped child? Been there, done that.

Fifth, she complicates all the laziest Democrat pieties. Energy? Unlike Biden and Obama, she's been to ANWR and, like most Alaskans, supports drilling there.

Sixth, I kinda like the whole naughty librarian vibe.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

smackaholic wrote:...the war hit it's first bump in the road.
That's not a "bump in the road". That's just a sleeping homeless vet.

Just walk around him, you'll be okay.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

marty, I'd call you a gibbering dumbfukk, but, that would be an insult to gibbering dubbfukks everywhere. That and I have received a cease and desist correspondence from mvscal's attorney.

Apparently mvscal has trademarked the phrase and considers it his intellectual property.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Just call him a Canadian. It's pretty much the same thing.

ImageImage
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

smackaholic wrote:marty, I'd call you a gibbering dumbfukk, but, that would be an insult to gibbering dubbfukks everywhere. That and I have received a cease and desist correspondence from mvscal's attorney.

Apparently mvscal has trademarked the phrase and considers it his intellectual property.
If you were an anarchist like me, you'd disregard the notion of "intellectual property".
Why don’t you just STFU.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Thankfully, I am not. Nice to know that some of us actually think private property is a worthwhile concept.

It's how we keep da peace.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

smackaholic wrote:McCain- He fucking lived through hell as a POW, lick lick, slup slup, etc
Since when did getting slapped about by the extras in the Deerhunter make anyone qualified to run a country? Honestly, you people. Oh, I got my arse kicked by some lads in a Rayden hat, vote for me, everyone.

Still, the quad-annual Let's-See-How-Fuckwitted-Americans-Are-This-Time survey has been made a bit more interesting by the introduction of Dan Quim.
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

your country is run by a bunch of pansies, nish, so feel free to stfu.

btw, your military has decided on the "tell your captors everything so they won't torture you" route, so mC loon has bode on you there too.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Mr. Schwump
Jake

Post by Mr. Schwump »

If I am not mistaken, Senator Obama was the "President" of the Harvard Law Review, not the "Editor". And also, if I am not mistaken, the "Editor" is the position based on "smarts" while the "President" is like a popularity contest.
Am I mistaken ?
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Mr. Schwump wrote:If I am not mistaken, Senator Obama was the "President" of the Harvard Law Review, not the "Editor". And also, if I am not mistaken, the "Editor" is the position based on "smarts" while the "President" is like a popularity contest.
Am I mistaken ?
You don't quit, do you?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Mr. Schwump wrote:If I am not mistaken, Senator Obama was the "President" of the Harvard Law Review, not the "Editor". And also, if I am not mistaken, the "Editor" is the position based on "smarts" while the "President" is like a popularity contest.
Am I mistaken ?
Yes, you are.

There are several "Editors" of the Harvard Law Review, but only one "President." Thus, the "President" is a much more prestigious position.

Not to mention, that not every student at Harvard Law School is on the Law Review in the first place. Tell me you knew.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

So is that downs syndrome kid hers or her grandkid ?

Eight months pregnant in the photo and not even a bump?
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

More grist for the grill on Palin, this from, of all sources, mvscal's idol Karl Rove . . .
Karl Rove, prescient as always:

"I think [Obama's] going to make an intensely political choice, not a governing choice," Rove said. "He's going to view this through the prism of a candidate, not through the prism of president; that is to say, he's going to pick somebody that he thinks will on the margin help him in a state like Indiana or Missouri or Virginia. He's not going to be thinking big and broad about the responsibilities of president."
Rove singled out Virginia governor Tim Kaine, also a Face The Nation guest, as an example of such a pick.

"With all due respect again to Governor Kaine, he's been a governor for three years, he's been able but undistinguished," Rove said. "I don't think people could really name a big, important thing that he's done. He was mayor of the 105th largest city in America."

Presumably this still holds true? (For comparison, Palin was mayor of a town that is not one of the ten largest in Alaska.)
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/211583.php
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

"With all due respect again to Governor Kaine, he's been a governor for three years, he's been able but undistinguished,"
And Palin is the opposite in only two years.

Keep flailing though...

ImageImage
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

JaysFan wrote:So is that downs syndrome kid hers or her grandkid ?

Speaking of desperate. Not to mention pathetic.

ImageImage
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

smackaholic wrote:marty, I'd call you a gibbering dumbfukk, but, that would be an insult to gibbering dubbfukks everywhere. That and I have received a cease and desist correspondence from mvscal's attorney.

Smart posters have Marty on ignore.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

trev wrote:

Smart posters have Marty on ignore.
Shut up, whore.
Why don’t you just STFU.
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Nishlord wrote:
smackaholic wrote:McCain- He fucking lived through hell as a POW, lick lick, slup slup, etc
Since when did getting slapped about by the extras in the Deerhunter make anyone qualified to run a country? Honestly, you people. Oh, I got my arse kicked by some lads in a Rayden hat, vote for me, everyone.

Still, the quad-annual Let's-See-How-Fuckwitted-Americans-Are-This-Time survey has been made a bit more interesting by the introduction of Dan Quim.
You conveniently leave out the part of the quote where I stated why what he did was heroic. Getting POWed by itself is just unlucky. Standing up to the captors in their funny hats knowing it might result in his death shows what he is made of.

I'll take this over a guy who simultaneously was visiting moscow showing support for the fukkers that were bankrolling the silly hat wearing lads.

And yes, I know, that guy wasn't running, but, he is the freaking hero of the majority of the Obama supporters.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

JaysFan wrote:So is that downs syndrome kid hers or her grandkid ?

I wonder who the "baby-daddy" is?

Probably some blubber-chewing snow-niqqer Eskimo. RACK the frozen white trash!
Why don’t you just STFU.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

You're a fucking idiot.

ImageImage
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Is that true?.. that's really sordid :o
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Dr_Phibes wrote:Is that true?
That JaysFan is a fucking idiot?

Just judging by this thread it would seem rather obvious.

ImageImage
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Diogenes wrote:
"With all due respect again to Governor Kaine, he's been a governor for three years, he's been able but undistinguished,"
And Palin is the opposite in only two years.
Link? Or is this yet another of your "because I said so" posts?
smackaholic wrote:
Nishlord wrote:

You conveniently leave out the part of the quote where I stated why what he did was heroic. Getting POWed by itself is just unlucky. Standing up to the captors in their funny hats knowing it might result in his death shows what he is made of.

I'll take this over a guy who simultaneously was visiting moscow showing support for the fukkers that were bankrolling the silly hat wearing lads.

And yes, I know, that guy wasn't running, but, he is the freaking hero of the majority of the Obama supporters.
You're kidding, right? Or did you forget about the recent Democratic primaries?

Most of those who consider Bill Clinton their "hero" (and there aren't many of them) were supporting Hillary, not Obama.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Btw, here's more . . .

6 things Palin pick says about McCain.

The article is lengthy, so I didn't paste the text, but you can read it for yourselves at the link.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Diogenes wrote:
it's compelling evidence :lol:

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/ ... 486/580223
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Dr_Phibes wrote:
Diogenes wrote:

That the dailykos is a step below the national enquirer?

We knew that.

It seems the left is getting a little desperate.

Already.

ImageImage
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:Btw, here's more . . .

6 things Palin pick says about McCain.
5&6 are correct. Pretty good percentage for a lefty.

ImageImage
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Not only are the folks at the kos nutjobs, they're downright stupid. From their own link...
Since Down syndrome is a chromosomal disorder caused by an error in cell division, the likelihood of such an error occuring increases with maternal age. This means that an older mother is more likely to give birth to a child with Down sydrome than her younger counterpart. However, overall, fewer older mothers have babies than younger ones.

According to the National Association for Down syndrome, "80% of babies born with Down syndrome are born to women younger than 35. The average maternal age is 28 years old." The likelihood of a woman under 30 years of age giving birth to a child with Down syndrome is less than 1:1000, but increases the older the woman gets (see chart below), with an incidence of about 1:112 at 40 years of age.

An annual occurence of Down syndrome of about 9% is seen in women 35 years of age or older, but about 25% of babies with Down syndrome are born to women in this age group. 20-25% of babies conceived with Down syndrome survive past birth.
http://www.mothers35plus.co.uk/down.htm

At age 44, it's 1:35 BTW. At age 20, 1:1529

Need help with the math?

ImageImage
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Props to Palin for covering up for her slut daughter and the mongoloid kid.

Family values.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Martyred wrote:...covering up...
Wrong party, wrong candidate.

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=Mm ... QyOTY0ODY=

http://online.wsj.com/article_print/SB1 ... 84813.html

But I hope the DNC runs with the trooper 'scandal' (the only actual scandal being that the asshat in question hasn't been fired and/or jailed yet) and childbirth conspiracy theories.

If that's the best you losers can do.

ImageImage
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

I pray for Palin's part black, part Eskimo, white trash, retarded baby.

I wonder if they know who the father is? Maybe it's Palin's husband?

:o

:shock:
Why don’t you just STFU.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Diogenes wrote:
Dr_Phibes wrote:
Diogenes wrote:

That the dailykos is a step below the national enquirer?

We knew that.

It seems the left is getting a little desperate.

Already.
That's quite irrelevant, given that it was the enquirer who broke and stuck with the story on Johnny Edwards little extra marital fling. The regular news channels pretended it didn't happen.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

mvscal wrote:
Q, West Coast Style wrote:For starters I'll see her University of Idaho communications degree and raise her Obama's Editor of the Harvard Law Review. If we're just talking smarts.
Sure. And while we're at it, lets talk about professional accomplishments and executive experience.

Palin has been taking on corruption in Alaskan politics

Why...with the regularity and sodden precision of an Osaka commuter train does babs so dutifully roll out the nervous Limpdick auto-smear bullshit? Is this really all they've got? Palin is getting investigated, not the other way around. And she sucks moose cock as an orator, turning a possible cold cock "positive" into a farcical flop. That this election is even happening is really a disgrace. That is, after the astonishingly incompetent and corrupt and catastrophic run of the past eight years of the GOP, they should simply beg someone--anyone--to take over, while they either turn themselves into to international authorities, or just go home and suck a .38 8)

When you see McCain get butchered in the first debate, you'll start WWing.
Before God was, I am
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Obama will be the one getting butchered unless they can teleprompter all his responses.
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Martyred wrote:I pray for Palin's part black, part Eskimo, white trash, retarded baby.

I wonder if they know who the father is? Maybe it's Palin's husband?

:o

:shock:
I'm guessing it was the brother that signed up to serve in Iraq after he was caught practicing some of the army's Iraqi field manouvers on her.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

ImageImage
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

ImageImage
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22