Best choice for McCain's running mate???

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Best running mate for McCain?

Mitt Romney
19%
Sarah Palin
25%
J.C. Watts
No votes
Tim Pawlenty
No votes
Rudy Giuliani
13%
Mike Huckabee
25%
Joe Lieberman
19%

Total votes: 16

battery chucka' one
Elwood

Best choice for McCain's running mate???

Post by battery chucka' one »

How often does a veep matter this much? McCain's not exactly young and his running mate is of utmost importance in this race.

Though I'd like to see Watts, I don't even think he factors into the equation. However, I put him in this poll anyway.

I would, however, love to see Palin as a vice president. I've heard a few things from her and she seems to have a good head on her shoulders. I'd vote for that ticket.

Romney would also work for me.
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Re: Best choice for McCain's running mate???

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

He needs to pick a thumper and Romney ain't gonna cut it.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Lieberman or Watts.

I voted Lieberman because I think JC has too many skeletons in his closet from his days as a small timer in Oklahoma concerning Natural Gas and oil commodities (especially not a good time for that subject right now). Otherwise I would think JC would be a perfect commodity as a VP on any Republicans ticket. A conservative, well spoken, well educated, son and nephew of NAACP leaders could do some serious damage to the Obama base.

I think the Bible thumpers are more likely to bite their tongue and pull the trigger on voting day than the disenfranchised Hillary voters. Lieberman does even more damage to that base.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

i never make any lists
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

If Lieberman was the pick, McCain would get routed in a laugher. McCain can't pick a pro-choice running mate, and a jew on top of that? McCain isn't stupid enough to do it.

McCain will choose Romney, if he thinks Obama's strategy of ignoring the south in favor of picking up more states in the west is dangerous. Otherwise he'll pick Pawlenty or Huckabee if he thinks he can win just with the usual southern strategy.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

joe biden jacks off to his own picture

lindsay graham jacks off to joe biden's picture too
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Tom Ridge, because McCain desperately needs PA.
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

Ridge is Pro-Choice.

McCain can't pick him and win.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

mvscal wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:Lieberman or Watts.

I voted Lieberman because
...you're a dumbshit.

And you're a loud mouth asshat who if he knew half of what he thought he did would be the President instead of bitching about who is going to be. I like his politics.

People like you are the problem with this country not either of the parties platforms.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

mvscal wrote:Shut the fuck up, moron. You were talking straight out your ass and smacked down for it.

Deal with it, pussy.

Yeah the whole "dumbass" with nothing of any substance to add to it otherwise shows your master intellectual ability. You might be the perfect politician... plenty of words, nothing of substance.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

I think Giuliani would be a bad choice for McCain. So I voted for Giuliani just on the possibility that the McCain camp is checking in here for advice.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

mvscal wrote:
Nobody else requires an explanation of why you are a fuckwitted twat and it would only be wasted on you...because you're a fuckwitted twat.
That smack is weak even by your standards, comrade.

Considering that Sunny only pries himself away from his eschatology/saucer cult studies to visit Spin Zone so infrequently, I would show him more deference.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Martyred wrote:
mvscal wrote:
Nobody else requires an explanation of why you are a fuckwitted twat and it would only be wasted on you...because you're a fuckwitted twat.

Considering that Sunny only pries himself away from his eschatology/saucer cult studies to visit Spin Zone so infrequently, I would show him more deference.
Of course you would. You're a weak-kneed communist fucktard.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

^^^^^

Sorry. I meant to post that with my mvscal nic.
battery chucka' one
Elwood

Update.

It appears as if Mrs. Palin is on the short list for VP. The list is as follows:

Florida Governor - Charlie Crist
Alaska Governor - Sarah Palin
Minnesota Governor - Tim Pawlenty
Former Massachusetts - Governor Mitt Romney
Former Secretary of Homeland Security - Tom Ridge

Also, word around the GOP is for members to 'prepare for an untraditional candidate' for VP choice. I can't think of any on that list that are any more untraditional than her.

Palin would be a great choice. She also might scoop up a lot of disenfranchised Hillary supporters. For the others....eh. Romney is good. Don't know much about Pawlenty. All in all, in the words of Newt Gingrich, a bunch more old, boring white guys.
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Goober McTuber wrote:
Martyred wrote:
mvscal wrote:

Of course you would. You're a weak-kneed communist fucktard.
Ouch! My ankle!
Why don’t you just STFU.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

mvscal wrote:
Stay classy, Marty.

:paul: :paul: :paul:
Will do, chief.
Why don’t you just STFU.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

I voted for Joe Lieberman, although it will never happen.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

trev wrote:I voted for Joe Lieberman, although it will never happen.

?
Why don’t you just STFU.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Martyred wrote:
mvscal wrote:

I post here more than I do the board I moderate. I only read it and make sure things are going fairly.

Also haven't been reading much theology or religious history the last 2 or 3 years now. Kind of burnt it out and most of the books just became redundant. Been more into Early American History and England's the Peasants Revolt here of late. Never been into the UFOs Marty think you're confusing me with WaZ and Lizard King on that issue.

I also read this board more than I post at it. I like the polls though. I think Lieberman could be handy in some of the toss up states that are left and those are what the race is going to really come down to.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

battery chucka' one wrote:Update.

It appears as if Mrs. Palin is on the short list for VP. The list is as follows:

Florida Governor - Charlie Crist
Alaska Governor - Sarah Palin
Minnesota Governor - Tim Pawlenty
Former Massachusetts - Governor Mitt Romney
Former Secretary of Homeland Security - Tom Ridge

Also, word around the GOP is for members to 'prepare for an untraditional candidate' for VP choice. I can't think of any on that list that are any more untraditional than her.

Palin would be a great choice. She also might scoop up a lot of disenfranchised Hillary supporters. For the others....eh. Romney is good. Don't know much about Pawlenty. All in all, in the words of Newt Gingrich, a bunch more old, boring white guys.
He takes Crist and I'll vote for Obama. Not going to elect his elderly ass with Crist waiting in the wings. I've been fucked by him enough the last few years... Not thrilled with the list to be honest.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

mvscal wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:I think Lieberman could be handy in some of the toss up states that are left and those are what the race is going to really come down to.
That's because you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. If he picks Lieberman, nobody who calls themselves a Republican is going to vote for that fool. He would be finished. It would be one of the biggest political blunders in our history.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lieberman were selected for a cabinet position or something along those lines, but there is no way in hell he puts him on the ticket and survives.
I disagree I think Lieberman on McCain's ticket does more damage to Obama. I'm biased though. I like Lieberman. he votes with the Republicans on most fiscal issues and is still very socially liberal.

And I am sick of the way you personally attack anyone who disagrees with you on any subject. You appear to be nothing more than a little man with Napoleon syndrome who gets his kicks by trying to be an internet bad ass from behind your desk at whatever shit stain school you instruct for. I fucking went to school for Political Science (economics). I did exceedingly well in classes instructed by both liberal and conservative professors. Part of the reason I liked the Oklahoma school of Poli Sci was the great mixture of both thought processes and international influence. Someone who doesn't know fuck about a subject doesn't graduate as high in their class as I did with a double major fuckwad! You're no different in than the liberal elitists you're always bitching about: fucking peas in a pod with just different theories. And that is all they are... theories.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

SunCoastSooner wrote:Someone who doesn't know fuck about a subject doesn't graduate as high in their class as I did with a double major fuckwad!
uh oh...now you've done it...
Why don’t you just STFU.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

I wish I'd known you could major in that. My GPA would have been in the high 6's
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

mvscal wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:I disagree I think Lieberman on McCain's ticket does more damage to Obama. I'm biased though. I like Lieberman. he votes with the Republicans on most fiscal issues and is still very socially liberal.

And I am sick of the way you personally attack anyone who disagrees with you on any subject.
I don't attack people who disagree with me. I attack people who don't know what the fuck they are talking about....you know, idiots like you.

Lieberman votes with Republicans on fiscal issues? WRONG.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/voteratings/sen/lib.htm

Shut the fuck up, you sniveling pussy. Oh and try to get your money back from whatever cracker jack box you got your worthless degrees from.
Lieberman has one of the lowest scores amongst democrats according to your own fucking link. He votes with Republicans on almost as many bills as he does with democrats. http://www.votesmart.org/voting_categor ... n_id=53278

Look at his record. He votes nay as often or more as he does yea in the close appropriations bills. Is he a die hard to the death faciast nutcase to the far right like Inhofe, Coburn, or Burr? Of course not.

He knows what fights to make. You would be an absolutly horrible politician, and an even worse fucking governor of anything more than a kindergarten class. Compromise and discussion are beyond your ability of comprehension.

Fucking saddest part is that I agree with about 80 to 90% of what you say in this forum but your fucking demeanor and attitude make it impossible to ever speak up because you're such a fucking ass in presenting your case that I am ashamed to agree with such a fucking whining, 3rd grade name calling, little bitch such as yourself.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Cuda wrote:I wish I'd known you could major in that. My GPA would have been in the high 6's
I have to admit I laughted at that.

Your honesty is refreshing.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

mvscal wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:Lieberman has one of the lowest scores amongst democrats according to your own fucking link.
Because of his votes on defense. You said, and I quote, "he votes with the Republicans on most fiscal issues." That statement is flat, fucking wrong. His 72 score places him to the left of Ted's Brain Tumor on fiscal issues. In other words, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Lieberman is no moderate. McLoon would lose far more votes on the right (and he's already on thin ice there) than he would pick up in the center. It's a stupid idea and anyone promoting it is a clueless idiot.

Yeah because being derisive has worked so well for thew last 170 years... :meds:
battery chucka' one
Elwood

Sad to say, but I do agree that Lieberman would be a bad pick. The entire ticket would be weighed down on the left side. Conservative voters might put their votes in their back pockets and go home for four years.

I think that whoever he picks would have to be to the right. I still think that Palin is the best bet of this list. She would appeal to the right wing as well as snapping up disenfranchised Hillary supporters. I know that PUMA seems to like the idea of her being the candidate.

Some news stories have her as a legitimate darkhorse choice. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080829/ap_ ... veepstakes

McCain has a big rally in Ohio today. Something to keep in mind. I guess that by this time tomorrow, we'll know for sure.
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

Speculation over McCain veep turns to Alaska gov.

By LIZ SIDOTI, Associated Press Writer 15 minutes ago

DENVER - John McCain kept his vice presidential pick a closely guarded secret hours before the high-stakes announcement Friday as top prospects seemed to drop away and speculation moved to darkhorse candidate Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin.
ADVERTISEMENT

Two GOP strategists close to the McCain campaign said all indications pointed to Palin, a self-styled "hockey mom" and political reformer. The strategists spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized by the McCain camp to discuss the matter. There was no confirmation from McCain or his advisers.

With an announcement scheduled in Dayton, Ohio, an associate of Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty said the governor had been informed he is not McCain's pick. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak for Pawlenty, who had all but ruled himself out.

"I'm not going to be there. I plan to be at the state fair. You can draw your conclusion from that," Pawlenty said on his weekly call-in radio show on WCCO-AM in Minneapolis. He also called it "a fair assumption" that he will not be McCain's running mate.

Associates close to former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney were saying the same thing, telling The Associated Press that the former presidential candidate had not been offered the job by McCain.

Palin is a first-term governor credited with reforms of her out-of-the-way state. Newly minted Democratic nominee Barack Obama is making an aggressive play for the traditional GOP stronghold and its three electoral votes, and polls show the race close.

At 44, Palin is younger than Obama and, like McCain, she calls herself a maverick.

A Gulfstream IV from Anchorage, Alaska, flew into Middletown Regional Airport in Butler County near Cincinnati about 10:15 p.m. Thursday, said Rich Bevis, airport manager. He said several people came off the plane, including a woman and two teens, but there was no confirmation of who was aboard.

"They were pretty much hustled off. They came right down the ramp, jumped in some vans here and off they went," Bevis said. "It was all hush, hush."

Among the other possible running mates: former Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Ridge, Democrat-turned-independent Sen. Joe Lieberman of Connecticut and former Rep. Rob Portman of Ohio.

The Arizona senator decided on his choice for vice president early Thursday, but the campaign has given no hint on the selection that will be announced on his 72nd birthday. The speculation sent a buzz throughout Denver, where Obama accepted his party's nomination and put Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware on his ticket.

Jill Hazelbaker, McCain's communications director, gave nothing away during an interview on CBS' "The Early Show."

"John McCain is going to make the choice from his heart. He's going to choose someone who can be a partner in governing. He's going to choose someone who brings character and principle to the table and who shares his priorities. And I'm confident that he's going to make a great pick," Hazelbaker said.

Republicans kick off their national nominating convention next week in St. Paul, Minn., and McCain's campaign hopes the announcement of his running mate will stunt any momentum Obama might get from the just-concluded Democratic National Convention.

McCain was mum on the subject Thursday as he and his wife, Cindy, boarded a plane in Phoenix bound for Dayton.

Associated Press writers Glen Johnson in Boston and Doug Glass in Minneapolis contributed to this report.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080829/ap_ ... veepstakes
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

If McCain really feels it necessary to shore up GOP support in Alaska by putting their one term governor on the ticket, then he's admitting he's toast.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
battery chucka' one
Elwood

BSmack wrote:If McCain really feels it necessary to shore up GOP support in Alaska by putting their one term governor on the ticket, then he's admitting he's toast.
Ya' just don't get it, do ya'?
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Why does BSuck hate women?

ImageImage
battery chucka' one
Elwood

Diogenes wrote:Why does BSuck hate women?
Maybe he's unable to see the light as he's spent his whole life 'in the closet'. Dunno.
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

battery chucka' one wrote:
BSmack wrote:If McCain really feels it necessary to shore up GOP support in Alaska by putting their one term governor on the ticket, then he's admitting he's toast.
Do you?
battery chucka' one
Elwood

Mikey wrote:
battery chucka' one wrote:
Do you?
If you have to ask, you'll never understand.
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

So obviously you don't.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

I do.

BTW, Hilldog, it isn't a glass ceiling, it's a You Suck ceiling.

ImageImage
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Goober McTuber wrote:It's official. Bitch got the job.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/29/ ... index.html
Thanks. The rest of us knew that an hour ago.

ImageImage
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Diogenes wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:It's official. Bitch got the job.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/29/ ... index.html
Thanks. The rest of us knew that an hour ago.
It wasn’t official an hour ago. Bitch.