Natural Man

Re: AP Top 25 out......

Post by Bobby42 »

Let's do this. Beanie's ready.

Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

It's ridiculous to come out with an AP Poll before Fall practice is over. Geaorgia's starting LT is gone for the year and USC's QB has a dislocated kneecap. Those injuries weaken their teams. I know Sanchez might be back for the tOSU game but if not that definitely hurts their chances.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

First poll out halfway through the season makes perfect sense.
Well, the BCS replaced the AP Poll with the Harris poll for its rankings, and the Harris poll doesn't get released until late September.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

9. Clemson 0-0 1,105
12. Texas Tech 0-0 786
25. Pittsburgh 0-0 85
These teams are poised for a nice collapse.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
9. Clemson 0-0 1,105
12. Texas Tech 0-0 786
25. Pittsburgh 0-0 85
Tech's schedule sets up pretty nice. their OOC is the usual cupcake city and they get UT in Lubbock, ATM in College Station hasn't been a problem for a while (though the Ags will be sky high for this one), at KU is a tough game and at OU. but, basically, they have a 4 game schedule. they'll win 9-11 games, score a shit-ton of points, Harrell with throw for a million and get a lot of national press--play in the Holiday or Alamo Bowl. i doubt they are underdogs in 3 or more games.

or maybe they beat UT or OU and who knows? though, i see a lot of predictions (the fashionable alterna-pick) of picking Tech to win the South. i think they'll beat UT, ATM, or OU....but not all. cfn has a Tech to win the South prediction that has them losing at OU, but OU losing @OSU and @KSU.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/779865.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

King Crimson wrote:Tech's schedule sets up pretty nice.
Two D1AAs? Holy crap.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Two D1AAs? Holy crap.
this year and 2 years ago are pretty shameless. they claim that Tulsa backed out of the game that UMASS filled. so, that's marginally marginal as an excuse. i posted this before, but Leach makes a Bill Snyder OOC look like King Leonidas taking on Xerxes and the Persians.

Tech had a close call or lost to New Mexico or Utep or something last year, so they had to call off the dogs. :twisted:
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

MSU is one of the five or so remaining teams that hasn't played a D1AA opponent. Sadly, that'll come to an end next year when Montana St rolls into town. Why Ron Mason?? Why????
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Two D1AAs? Holy crap.
We like that idea.

Sincerely,
2008 Clemson Tigers
Dreams......Temporary Madness
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Richt is going to have to fight Petey for space in herbstreits mouth for his cock as well...

surprised the rankings didn't go

UGA
UF
LSU
Auburn

1-4

u know the meatgrinder and all...
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Papa Willie wrote: Dude - be very glad UGA didn't play you guys at the end of last season. They would have beaten the shit out of anybody - LSU, USC - anybody. They were that fucking good. Don't know if they're where they were this year, though.
i'm not exactly buying it. sounds good when you say it, but it's not 95 Husker steak stealing.

in November they beat 2 teams ranked less than UGA in Athens (UGA=faves), Troy by 10, Kentucky 24-13, unranked G Tech, and Hawaii in the New Orleans Bowl. all the non-bowl games were either at home in Athens or Atlanta. not the definition of *Juggernaut* in my book.

http://www.georgiadogs.com/SportSelect. ... EASON=2007" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

9/6 vs Central Michigan

Georgia fans are going to remember the name Dan LeFevour after that day.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:9/6 vs Central Michigan

Georgia fans are going to remember the name Dan LeFevour after that day.

Clemson and Kansas were able to keep LeFevour in check for the most part last year and they both absolutely trashed the Chips in those games. CMU can't defend the run and Moreno will probably go for 150-200 yards and they'll win comfortably.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Call me a Big XII homer, but I don't see a better team than OU right now. That D-line and O-line is arguably the best in the country. Oh yeah, The backfield is deep and that QB of theirs is flying under the radar in the Heisman talks. I think OU goes undefeated this season.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

RumpleForeskin wrote:that QB of theirs is flying under the radar in the Heisman talks.
Probably because he's the 3rd rated QB in the XII.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Believe the Heupel wrote:Which is rather silly, considering he had the best QB rating in D-1 last year and beat the "best" QB in the Big 12 head to head twice.
Ssshhh...i would enjoy it considering the last time y'all won one nobody outside norman thought shit about your qb or team preseason
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

9. Clemson 0-0 1,105
12. Texas Tech 0-0 786
25. Pittsburgh 0-0 85

I will say this, if Wannstedt and T. Bowden don't get their programs to the next level this year it ain't never gonna happen. Neither have had a better opportunity to take that next step and neither will get a better shot at their current programs.

As for Texas Tech, I disagree. I don't think they're going to be any better than they've been basically every year since about 1996, but that schedule is just too damn easy. How on earth are they possibly going to lose more than 3 games? Maybe 4 losses, tops. But they could probably lose 8 starters to season ending injury before summer camp ends and they'll still win 8-9 games. I originally thought that, but then I looked at their schedule and said "yeah, no way they're losing more than 3 games!"