Billy Packer leaving CBS

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

Shoalzie
WingNut

Billy Packer leaving CBS

Post by Shoalzie »

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3485871" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I somewhat respect him for his longevity and his involvement in the game but he's such an unlikeable old bastard...I won't miss see him on the CBS college hoop broadcasts. Kellogg moving into the booth with Nantz should be a decent replacement.

Nantz is a whole other topic...he's way too dry for football or hoops, he's better suited for golf...but if you were to ask me, which one had to go between he and Packer...the right guy is gone. Nantz is a respectable broadcaster but I just think he's out of his element with calling sports with more action and excitement than golf. He might actually be a decent baseball broadcaster with his slow and calm delivery. Lundquist, Enberg, Brando and Johnson are all much better hoops announcers because they can better capture the emotion and action of the game.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Re: Billy Packer leaving CBS

Post by King Crimson »

Len Elmore or Jon Sunvold.

Nantz sucks at golf. he thinks he's friggin Shakespeare.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

About fucking time. And take Dickie V with you.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Oh, dear God. Word is that Packer’s replacement will be Clark fucking Kellogg. Good work, CBS. Replace a tard with an idiot.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Eh, Kellog is better than Packer. What about Bill Raftery? He's the best in the business by far. I don't really understand what Clark Kellog brings to the table, but he is an upgrade. Kellog is more suited for being in the studio not doing color commentary.

Bill Raftery and Len Elmore are better options.

In a couple of years once New Mexico finds out what a horrible coach Steve Alfraud is he'll be out of the coaching ranks for good and can move on to somewhere he can be successful........doing color commentary. He's got great basketball knowledge and is well spoken (albeit arrogant beyond belief) and he's going to have a fine career doing Billy Packer's job. So suffer through Kellog for a few years and then Alfraud will take over.

Jim Nantz has become unlistenable. I don't get what people see in this guy. Everything is a fucking cliche to him. It seems that every sentence he makes he's trying to make the audio highlight reels instead of actually calling the game. Dude is way to overly dramatic it's annoying.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Kellogg is an idiot, though in Iowa he might seem like a Rhodes Scholar.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

I guess that line says about all you need to know about your football coach.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

TheJON wrote:I guess that line says about all you need to know about your football coach.
He was born in Illinois, and was smart enough to eventually get out of Iowa.

In other words, he stumbled about the Midwest for a while until he happened upon God's Country.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

God's Country? Ahahahahahahahaha! I don't wanna speak for God but I'm guessing he's not into fat chicks.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

TheJON wrote:God's Country? Ahahahahahahahaha! I don't wanna speak for God but I'm guessing he's not into fat chicks.
He wouldn't have to be in Madison. Major university that draws talent from all across the country. And who's to say that God's not into hoggin'?
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Point taken. As I think about it I'm sure he loves all women for who they are and so size of woman does not matter to him.
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

I wonder who will replace Kellogg in the studio?? FWIW, I think Kellogg is better suited for the studio but he'll be a big improvement over Packer.
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Goober McTuber wrote:About fucking time. And take Dickie V with you.
RACK on both accounts!!!

Now get Nantz out of there and put Gus Johnson in his place.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Gus Johnson and *Len Elmore.

*No more close-ups of his hideous grill though, please.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

King Crimson wrote:Jon Sunvold.
Absolutely. He's been doing Mizzou broadcasts for years and is nailz. I didn't think that anyone outside of the Tiger fraternity really knew much about him.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Believe the Heupel wrote:
War Wagon wrote:
Absolutely. He's been doing Mizzou broadcasts for years and is nailz. I didn't think that anyone outside of the Tiger fraternity really knew much about him.
OU fans have to hear him all the time-isn't he one of ESPN's Big 12 regional guys? He does a good job.
Who?

Sin,

OU football fan
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

TheJON wrote:God's Country? Ahahahahahahahaha! I don't wanna speak for God but I'm guessing he's not into fat chicks.
What's with all this regional smack? Have you provided your name, address and phone number to Goober?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

BSmack wrote:
What's with all this regional smack? Have you provided your name, address and phone number to Goober?
He wouldn’t dare. I’d drive down and beat the holy fuck out of him, just on principle.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

I wish Billy would take his fucking SEC cock gobbling son with him to hell or wherever he is going...he lives here in Charlotte and I see him at church every now and again (Billy)...his son is an even bigger jackass...
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Believe the Heupel wrote:
War Wagon wrote:
OU fans have to hear him all the time-isn't he one of ESPN's Big 12 regional guys? He does a good job.
Regional? I have no idea, mebbe so. For the most part I thought he was doing just local stuff, but RACK him if he's been moving up in the world.

Buddy of mine I work with grew up near bye to Sundvold in Blue Springs and went to high school with him.. said he had a hoop set-up in his driveway way smaller than a regulation size rim... practice, practice, practice.

Sundvold played before there was a 3-point line in CBB, but I can only imagine the records he would have shattered. The guy was a pure shooter.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

War Wagon wrote:

Regional? I have no idea, mebbe so. For the most part I thought he was doing just local stuff, but RACK him if he's been moving up in the world.
sadly, it's the opposite. he used to do regional stuff but some reason he got inexlicably bumped a few years ago and now does the MU local. i don't know anyone who really knows why. maybe he was too good and confused people.
War Wagon wrote:Sundvold played before there was a 3-point line in CBB, but I can only imagine the records he would have shattered. The guy was a pure shooter.
Sunvold could really shoot it. another couple old Big 8 guys who would have been killers from the CBB 3 line were the Pokes Bill Self and OU's David Little.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

TheJON wrote:Point taken. As I think about it I'm sure he loves all women for who they are and so size of woman does not matter to him.
Rumps is God? Who knew...
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

MuchoBulls wrote:and put Gus Johnson in his place.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Gus Johnson.

By far, the worst announcer of all-time. Too fake!!!!!!!!!. Screams way to much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. thinks he's Dickie V.

Seriously... my balls could be in a vice, testes bursting... and I think I'd scream less than he does doing play by play.

"HE inbounds the BALL. DrIBBLES ACROSS HALF COURT and PASSES THe BALLLLLLL!!!! OOOHHHHMMIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

This is the BEST NEWS EVER.

Now, if only Nancy could fucking die in a plane crash and/or car wreck.

Btw, uCunt, at least Gus Johnson actually knows WTF is going on in games and gets into them.

OMG, the HORRAH!

:meds:

What? An announcer on TV actually following the game? No WAY!!

I'll take your criticism of Johnson and raise you the following:

And Mario Chalmers drains the three!

What do you think about that, Billy?

We've got quite a ballgame on our hands here.

Kansas, down 8 late, finds a way to come back and tie it up. Somehow.

So what do you think about this OT, Billy?

(Nance, trying to be all "hip" an shit. Hey, he knows that by saying OT, he's totally hip and loose with the kids. Hell, he's a regular gangstah! in his play-calling!)

I've said this before and I'll say it again, find me ONE (1) Classic call by Jim Nance in college bball, and it will be the first.

Dude FUCKING SUCKS dog dicks. Are you kidding me?

Who the fuck got Jim Nance his job anyway?

In all liklihood, a serious faggot "member" at Augusta -- pun intended, in Jim's more-than-willing ass -- that's how.

There is not an alleged "play-by-play" announcer that SUCKS, worse than Nance.

Period.

EOFS.

There is NO debate whatsoever.

Nance: Well, Billy, what do you think about that rant?

FUCK YOU, Nance.

DIE.

Ideally, Kellogg and Johnson would be awesome.

As it stands now, Kellogg is to Nance what Herbstreit is to Cuntsberger, in CFB.

RACK the Sunvold talk, btw. Dude is absolute nails.

And Rack Shoalzie.
Nantz is a whole other topic...he's way too dry for football or hoops, he's better suited for golf...but if you were to ask me, which one had to go between he and Packer...the right guy is gone. Nantz is a respectable broadcaster but I just think he's out of his element with calling sports with more action and excitement than golf. He might actually be a decent baseball broadcaster with his slow and calm delivery. Lundquist, Enberg, Brando and Johnson are all much better hoops announcers because they can better capture the emotion and action of the game.
et tu, Brute! This is turning out to be one of the classics, right here on CBS.

FUCK YOU, Nance. DIE.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

RadioFan wrote:Btw, uCunt, at least Gus Johnson actually knows WTF is going on in games and gets into them.
Oh goodie... and here I thought we were done with this topic many moons ago (your Westwood One thread??)

Look.

You've already identified yourself as a special needs fan who measures his viewing pleasure by the volume level of the braindead fuck who's describing what he just witnessed. If you need me to once again demonstrate your emotional compass is broken and you require instruction on when to be happy (your next horsecock) and when to be sad (this thread... a couple of your shit laden responses later), saddle up Cowboy. I'd be more than happy to smack a cattleprod up your ass and command you to squeal with joy. You down?
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:I'd be more than happy to smack a cattleprod up your ass and command you to squeal with joy. You down?
No wonder you like Nance.

Faggot.

Still waiting for you to link me up to one single memorable call that guy has ever made.

Oh, and last time I checked, NFL films still uses radio play-by-play for "NFL's Greatest Games," including local networks and Westwood One.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

RadioFan wrote:No wonder you like Nance.
I haven't mentioned his name in this thread or any other on this board. Ever. Stating Gus Johnson sucks horsecocks and your sensory perceptions are highly underdeveloped does not lend itself towards my feelings on Nance.
RadioFan wrote:Faggot.
Wow. I am reeling over here. That was quite the ghaymaker.
RadioFan wrote:Oh, and last time I checked, NFL films still uses radio play-by-play for "NFL's Greatest Games," including local networks and Westwood One.
That's... swell. I bet you assrape your John Facenda blow up doll to complete your Greatest Games fan experience.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Still waiting for that link, bitch. Find one or STFU.

Look, Mr. Visual, as I said before, "many moons ago" (nice fucking tired cliche, btw -- Nance would be proud of that one), play-by-play announcing is one of several elements to watching a sporting event, just like camera angles, super-slow motion, displays of stats and the game/shot clock.

Sin,

MA

They can either add to the experience or be a detriment. Get it?

Obviously, Gus Johnson falls into the latter category for you, or else you wouldn't have chimed in, in this thread to call me out, champ.

If you believe otherwise, than you are a complete dumbfuck in addition to being a hypocrite.

Btw, if you're trolling, excellent job.

Hate to think of you wearing that pink polo while watching the Masters and thinking, "God, that Jim Nance just NAILED it. He just says what needs to be said at just the right time. I'm sure glad I don't have to listen to that icky Gus Johnson screaming. That really, really bothers me. All that excitement and whatnot. Ewwww! He's so loud and stuff. He hurts my ears. Hey, time for another cosmo! RACK me!"
That was quite the ghaymaker.
You're kidding, right?

You can't even type it correctly? WTF? Have you been hanging out at .net or something?

Dude ...
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Btw,
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:That's... swell. I bet you assrape your John Facenda blow up doll to complete your Greatest Games fan experience.
Not bad.

Except you missed my thread here.

No John Facenda in it, only radio play-by-play.

Nice try, though. Keep swinging.

Dumbfuck.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Nance is always good for one of these cheezball-type lines:

"Just when you think you can't.. you can. And UCONN has won the 1999 national championshippppp."
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

L45B wrote:"Just when you think you can't.. you can. And UCONN has won the 1999 national championshippppp."
No doubt Ucan't jizzed all over his pink polo when he heard that gem of announcing lore.

Hell, come to think of it, he may have even picked his username from it.

Ah yes! That's it! I'll just make it hip and stuff, and put a 'u' instead of 'you!' Yes, that's IT! Thank you, Jim Nance. Thank you.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Gus Johnson
Absolutely love watching a game he does play-by-play for. I know some (sup ucant) consider his act to be over the top, but he brings a lot of excitement to March Madness AND Texans games for that matter. Dude does need to tone it down a little, but I am really into a game when he is at the helm for calling it.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

RadioFan wrote:Still waiting for that link, bitch. Find one or STFU.
Link for what?

You're under the mistaken impression I am a Nance fan. As already stated, I have never posted any take about the man nor mentioned the name until you brought it up. Why would you ask me to defend a position that isn't mine? Does your stupidity have no boundaries?

Did Gus Johnson tell you that I liked Nance, much like he tells you when to get excited? I know it's difficult for you to think and feel for yourself, but where are you getting this tidbit of misinformation from?

Oh. Let me know when you're done responding to my posts. Excellent job on the double post going from page one to page two. Did Gus Johnson tell you that your first take sucked and to mash out some more drivel a second time? I know 5-6 complete sentences is a lot for you to process in one sitting, but that's pretty pathetic.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

RadioFan wrote: Obviously, Gus Johnson falls into the latter category for you, or else you wouldn't have chimed in, in this thread to call me out, champ.
Only problem with that being you called out ucant.

I've no dog in this hunt, but this isn't going well for you.

Stay down.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

War Wagon wrote:Only problem with that being you called out ucant.
Anyone who's stupid enough to try to rip me for sports play-by-play criticism -- then goes on to criticize a play-by-play announcer deserves to be called out.

And only a complete brain-dead pink polo-wearing fucktard doesn't get the fact that announcers are a part of the broadcast experience.

Idiocy at its finest.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Go back and check the timeline.

It seems you're really struggling with that age old question of what came first... the chicken or the egg.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

No, it's a continuation of our argument, which he brought up, after I ripped him for his Gus Johnson crack:
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Oh goodie... and here I thought we were done with this topic many moons ago (your Westwood One thread??)

Look.

You've already identified yourself as a special needs fan who measures his viewing pleasure by the volume level of the braindead fuck who's describing what he just witnessed.
This goes back to our old argument, Wags.

Yeah, I'm "special needs" because I appreciate good play-by-play, which was his fucking brain-dead "argument" "many moons ago."

:meds:

Yeah, I appreciate good play-by-play. Despise bad play-by-play.

Sue me.

Can you honestly say you'd rather not listen to Mitch Holthus or Howard David as opposed to Jim Nance in a Chiefs playoff game?

This isn't rocket science.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

RadioFan wrote:No, it's a continuation of our argument, which he brought up, after I ripped him for his Gus Johnson crack:
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:You've already identified yourself as a special needs fan who measures his viewing pleasure by the volume level of the braindead fuck who's describing what he just witnessed.
Yeah, I'm "special needs" because I appreciate good play-by-play, which was his fucking brain-dead "argument" "many moons ago."
Actually, asshat... I am bagging on you this time because it's your belief that a man yelling at you through your TV with no substance whatsoever makes for a good play by play man. During the game's "down time", good play by plays guys are also capable of mixing in a little analysis every once in a while. They tell stories about their exchanges with the players and coaches during the days leading up to the game. The might even share tidbits about the school, the history of the rivalry, former players, whatever. The point is, they make the broadcast about the game they are working. Gus Johnson sucks ass because he makes the game about himself. "Oh look at me, I just JIZZED my fucking shorts because I cannot believe it!!!! Hey America, CAN YOU FUCKING HEAR ME? I AM SCREAMING LOUD ENOUGH for you? I HAD A FUCKING HAM SANDWHICH for lunch TODAY. IT WAS.... TASTY."

Before I was smacking you for carrying around a fucking radio while listening to NFL games. Now I am bagging on you for the channel you've selected. It's similar, but not the same. Do you understand? Notice in my reply that you just posted (again) I mentioned Gus Johnson's volume level. Here. See this:
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:volume level of the braindead fuck.
Good.
This is the crux of my take. I will be more than happy to draw you a picture if you still don't "get it." I think we're getting close, here.

I can almost see you finally understanding what you've been debating. We are close, tard. Real close. I look forward to your 4 post breakdown of my reply. Thank you in advance...
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:carrying around a fucking radio while listening to NFL games.
Link?

I don't carry around a radio during NFL games like a pink polo draped over my shoulder or tied around my waist, tough guy.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Now I am bagging on you for the channel you've selected.
Bag away, champ.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:volume level of the braindead fuck.
So it's the volume level and NOT the context?

Great argument there. After all, a play-by-play guy should be complete monotone, even in the waning seconds of a national quarterfinal in which the lead has changed 27 times with 18 ties.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:The might even share tidbits about the school, the history of the rivalry, former players, whatever.
Based on that, you probably think Mike Patrick's takes on Todd Blackledge's "taste of the town" segments during CFB night games are pure sophistry.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:I look forward to your 4 post breakdown of my reply. Thank you in advance...
Nah, I'm done trying to explain a musical to Helen Keller.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

RadioFan wrote:Nah, I'm done trying to explain a musical to Helen Keller.
I would just tell her it's fucked up and leave it at that.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim