kobe "Anita" bryant

The Pro Hoopstahs

Moderator: Moorese

.m2
I swear to god . . .

kobe "Anita" bryant

Post by .m2 »

Don't ever put this guy in the same sentence as the greats.... EVAR!

"Old Man" Shaq had Dwayne Wade and took the "Miami Heat" to the promised land.

If kobe had D-Wade.... do you really think they would have won it all this year???

kobe is nothing more than a hyped "George Gervin".

Get this fucker outta my face!

By the way...... where's our famous homo from San Diego, who claims to always be here in this forum?
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
DoggFather
Crack Whore

Re: kobe "Anita" bryant

Post by DoggFather »

Congrats to the celts. They were the more prepared team. Since I never expected the Lakers to make it to the Finals this season, I guess I can't be too disappointed. Maybe these embarrassing losses will inspire the Lakeshow to step their defensive game up so they can show off their excellent transitional offense.

Kevin Garnett is a head case if I ever saw one. BTW, do you think Minnesota fans appreciated him saying that he did it for them? Don't know about that one.

Here's a big :hfal: to all you Laker haters and Kobe haters out there.

Here's to next season! :logan:
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

DoggFather wrote: Here's to next season!

You guys are pretty fucked.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:
DoggFather wrote: Here's to next season!

You guys are pretty fucked.
Unfortunately, your team won’t get past LA next year. If you have any doubts whatsoever about my ability to prognosticate, please see the “Ashamed Celtic Fan” thread.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote:Unfortunately, your team won’t get past LA next year.

That is not for you or I to decide.

That decision is left to David Stern and Tim Donaghy.

But no so fast, bud.

While on the surface, it seems a metro area of 2.5 million against a metro area of 25 million is a no-brainer for Vince McMahon Stern... but there's more to it than that.

Since the American hoops fans have pretty much left the NBA as a distant memory of bygone days when officiating wasn't dictated by market size, Stern McMahon knows his answer lies overseas, and viewership will come from foreign countries.

Yao out front should have told you.

And maybe Rudy Fernandez is that international star that Sterns looking to whore out... you never know.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Dinsdale wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Unfortunately, your team won’t get past LA next year.

That is not for you or I to decide.

That decision is left to David Stern and Tim Donaghy.

But no so fast, bud.

While on the surface, it seems a metro area of 2.5 million against a metro area of 25 million is a no-brainer for Vince McMahon Stern... but there's more to it than that.

Since the American hoops fans have pretty much left the NBA as a distant memory of bygone days when officiating wasn't dictated by market size, Stern McMahon knows his answer lies overseas, and viewership will come from foreign countries.

Yao out front should have told you.

And maybe Rudy Fernandez is that international star that Sterns looking to whore out... you never know.

Just words. Your credibility on the subject of the NBA is worthless. Come correct or shut the hell up.....
New England Patriots
2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016 Champions

Boston Red Sox
2004, 2007, 2013 Champions

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Neely8 wrote:Come correct

About what, exactly?

Uhm, last I checked, we were talking about next season. Last I checked, it's difficult to "come correct," or any of those other Jim Rome catch-phrases, about events that haven't happened yet...

Dumbass.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Dinsdale wrote:
Neely8 wrote:Come correct

About what, exactly?

Uhm, last I checked, we were talking about next season. Last I checked, it's difficult to "come correct," or any of those other Jim Rome catch-phrases, about events that haven't happened yet...

Dumbass.
Why don't you go over to the "Ashamed Celtic Fan" thread and read up a little bit. Especially the parts where you dogged the Celts and lauded your own losers. Finally I want you to key on where you were challenged to back up your words but ultimately you pussed out and refused. Next Season?? What the hell are you talking about? The thread was started in Summer of 07 in regards to the upcoming season.
New England Patriots

Boston Red Sox

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:Last I checked, it's difficult to "come correct,"
It's in her mouth, stupid.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Neely8 wrote:Why don't you go over to the "Ashamed Celtic Fan" thread and read up a little bit. Especially the parts where you dogged the Celts

Here, I'll help you out, since you're fucking stupid...

Here's the gist of the thread in question --
Dinsdale wrote:If by "future," you mean this season, and possibly the next, then OK (just like I said).

If by future, you mean beyond that -- you're an idiot.

Dinsdale wrote:My financial predictions had nothing to do with any anticipated on-court results, and was merely a statement of financial reality.

How's the Cel;ts' long-range finances with all of the inflated contracts of aging players working out?

Oh... you don't know. Neither does anyone else... although, anyone with a brain would certainly have to predict some cap problems over the next couplefew seasons.

So, in the end, Squeely, I'm still right, and you're still an idiot. I know it's much easier for you to BODE yourself when you try and move the goalposts and put words in other peoples' mouths, and with your obviously limited mental capacity (think Jack here), maybe this even works in your little brain.

But trust me -- here in reality, where the rest of us hang out, you're a feeb.

Unless you care to point out any inaccurate staements I made?
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Dinsdale wrote:
Neely8 wrote:Why don't you go over to the "Ashamed Celtic Fan" thread and read up a little bit. Especially the parts where you dogged the Celts

Here, I'll help you out, since you're fucking stupid...

Here's the gist of the thread in question --
Dinsdale wrote:If by "future," you mean this season, and possibly the next, then OK (just like I said).

If by future, you mean beyond that -- you're an idiot.

Dinsdale wrote:My financial predictions had nothing to do with any anticipated on-court results, and was merely a statement of financial reality.

How's the Cel;ts' long-range finances with all of the inflated contracts of aging players working out?

Oh... you don't know. Neither does anyone else... although, anyone with a brain would certainly have to predict some cap problems over the next couplefew seasons.

So, in the end, Squeely, I'm still right, and you're still an idiot. I know it's much easier for you to BODE yourself when you try and move the goalposts and put words in other peoples' mouths, and with your obviously limited mental capacity (think Jack here), maybe this even works in your little brain.

But trust me -- here in reality, where the rest of us hang out, you're a feeb.

Unless you care to point out any inaccurate staements I made?

Are you for fucking real? Oh wait its Spamsdale. What was I thinking???????

How does the future look???? Oh I don't know. KG, Allen, and Pierce are all under contract for the next couple of years. Rondo, Perkins, Big Baby, and Powe are all young and under contract. The only free agent of note to worry about is James Posey. My guess is they sign him too. The future looks damn bright over here shithead.

As opposed to your team. The one you are sure will be contenders. Based on WHAT???
New England Patriots

Boston Red Sox

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Spamsdale wrote:Unless you care to point out any inaccurate staements I made?
How about this post for starters:
First off, the "we're getting KG" teams are pretty funny. Even if that did happen, Celtsfan apparently needs to learn something about NBA finance.

There's a reason why Minnesota always sucks -- they spent wayyyyy too much money on a long-term deal for a chronic underachiever and locker room cancer. Garnett's contract removed the Wolves ability to get anyone decent, and when they tried, Garnett drove them out of town, and whined about his "touches."

You're talking about a guy who has, at various times, claimed "I should get all of the other palyers', coaches, and GM's salaries too, since I'm the only one who does anything." There was also the "I've learned I should never pass the ball in the 4th quarter."

Just an absolute franchise-killer.

But say for the sake of discussion that the Celts did get KG. Added to Allen and Pierced. How much of the salary cap is that on 3 players alone? Almost all of it?

So, how does Boston figure to sign any young talent with that financial scenario? Easy answer -- they don't. Getting Garnett might provide a short-term boost in the anemic East, and I realize Boston needs a boost in ticket sales/fan support NOW, which would be the only reason such a deal would make sense. It would also create the huge risk of more long-term ineptitude for years to come. Extremely high likelyhood of that, actually.

And remind me again -- how many balls are used in an NBA game at any given moment? You're combining 3 guys who never saw a shot they didn't want to jack, and while at least Allen is somewhat humble about it, there's 3 guys who couldn't give two poos about their team, as long as the stat sheet looks good at the end of the game.

I have mixed feelings about Garnett going to Boston. On the one side of the coin, I'm a fan of a rival Northwest Division team, so I have a vested interest in seeing KG stay in Minnesota, to ensure several more years of Wolve futility(matter of fact, they were in the league several years before they ever beat the Blazers...YEARS). Garnett staying is the best way for us to witness their comedic stylings for years to come.

Other side of the coin, KG to Boston would be such a trainwreck, it would also be entertaining to watch. The Clash of the Titan Egos should be hilarious. Why not put Kobe and Iverson on that team, too? Good comedy, right there.

But, a lot of people love to hate the Celts, so at least a slight resurgence would probably be good for the league in general.

Doesn't matter, anyway. The other teams just need to make their time, since very shortly, there's going to be a dynasty, and it ain't going to be in Boston.
Sheer brilliance. Garnett a "locker room cancer"? Freaking hilarious!!!! Oh no Dinsy your NEVER wrong! EVER!! Your a joke and a clown.....

Or this gem:
To say the Celts' glass is "half-empty" would be an insult to half-empty galsses everywhere.

The Celts have Danny Ainge as a GM -- the glass is in little shards on the floor.

And they're apparently trying to make a move for the biggest jackass in the game.

Whereas I am Blazerfan. The glass isn't half-full -- it's freaking overflowing.
Overflowing?? What has your team done? Zip......zero.......NADA!! I won't even quote where you called the Blazers the YANKEES of the NBA. Ummmmmmm yeah right buddy. How many titles hanging from their rafters? 17? I didn't think so.......
New England Patriots

Boston Red Sox

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Again, this little whinefest you're having must be based on something... I simply asked what your beef was, specifically.

You've yet to produce it. Typical.
Neely8 wrote:Oh I don't know.
Yes, this seems to be a universal theme when you try and sound all smart and stuff.

KG, Allen, and Pierce are all under contract for the next couple of years
The Big Dickhead is not under contract for a "couple of years" -- he's under an absolute stifling contract (just ask McHale) for 4 more years.

At 36 years old, is The Giant Douche going to be worth that ridiculous money?

Doubtful.

How much time is Ray Allen going to miss at 18 mil a year?

How about Pierced? At ~ 20 mil a year, is that good? A guy who has had absolute chronic injury problems (which may or may not be a result of his extreme pussihood that's been made so painfully public recently... jeebus, does dude go to the ICU when he breaks a nail?), that might not be much production for a 20 mil a year guy.

See, dumbass, these are the financial issues I was pointing out, and am still sticking to, since they are factual, and not based upon your stupid homerism.

Continuing:

Perkins, Big Baby, and Powe are all young and under contract.
I don't know if you noticed this, but you'll probably be able to resign Perkins and Rondo pretty easily... because they're not particularly good.

And Powe has one more year left on his rookie deal. If you think there isn't going to be some high-bidding suitors, you're... well, you're Neely.

Sure, you can Larry Bird him up. But at what point does a grossly overloaded, built-for-one-season business model break down?

Time will tell... which is EXACTLY the point I've made since the get-go, and one that is obviously very far above your ability to discuss.

So, I suppose you should continue on with your bad self, while adding nothing of any relevence to the topic at hand, and continue on with your baseless name-calling.

Fucking tard.

Don't you have some cars to flip over and burn, or some windows to smash or something?
Last edited by Dinsdale on Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Neely8 wrote:Sheer brilliance. Garnett a "locker room cancer"? Freaking hilarious!!!!
Uhm...

Tard...

Hello?

With Garnett's unique skillset and elite statistics, how would the Wolves ever come to trade him?

Think hard now, dumbshit...

Figured it out yet?

I'll help you out...

BECAUSE HE WAS A VERY NOTORIOUS, VERY PUBLIC LOCKER ROOM CANCER.

Light coming on yet?

Sometimes someone of that level of dildoness needs a little wake up call to realize what a dildo they are. It won't last.

Overflowing?? What has your team done? Zip......zero.......NADA!!
Put the pieces in place for very long-term success... unlike Boston.
I won't even quote where you called the Blazers the YANKEES of the NBA.

Bueller? Class?

Anyone want to point out to Squeely why he just went yard on his own dome?

Anyone?

Or should we just laugh in silence?

BTW -- you'll note the Yankee comparison was in regards to the attitude about spending, since they're income can sustain larger expenditures than just about any other team... which was a perfectly accurate statement, you raging dumbfuck.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

I am speechless. It's like talking to a brick wall. The Celts just completed the regular season as the best, won the title and are set to contend for the forseeable future.

In dinsy's world they are in big trouble and the Blazers of all teams are set to go on a title run. With a bunch of unproven youngsters.

I really don't even know where to begin. Rondo and Perkins are not any good?? WOW!

I think I will just stop trying to point out how your KNOW IT ALL attitude was very wrong on this one. Your words speak volumes and others will read them and see further what a blowhard you are.....
New England Patriots

Boston Red Sox

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I'll give this one more try, then I'm done with you, idiot.

Point out where I said the Celts wouldn't win?

Or, are you trying to morph my stements about the FINANCIAL STATE OF THE CELTICS (and I'm really not sure how you're having so much trouble with that concept, and where your "logic" went so wrong), into some sort of understood-only-by-you prognostication of the 07/08 season?

My statements still stand. You've yet to refute one in any sort of coherent fashion.

Contract staus and capconcerns in future seasons have nothing to do with last night's game... not sure how you can't separate the two... wait, yes I can... you're an idiot.

Here's the deal. If at some point, you can formulate some thought on the Celts' finances, and present it in a manner that would indicate you didn't have to break from your post to wipe excess drool from they keyboard, I shall respond.

If not, you may to continue to suck, and get on with your badass, unbacked, illogical name-calling... since you can't actually discuss the topic at hand, which had absolutely nothing to do with last night's game, dumbass.

Ball's in your court, moron. DO try and add something to the discussion, if you even know what it's about -- something you've yet to demonstrate as of yet.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

What do I care about their finances for? Yes there is a cap. They spent over it and will pay the luxary tax. They very obviously will continue to do so if it means they have a chance to be successful. It is not a hard cap like the NFL.

Pierce, Garnett, and Allen have a few good years left in them. They will be surrounded by good young talent and role players for those years. Will they have to rebuild eventually. Yes. All teams have to sooner or later.

Do I care about that for the next 3 years? HELL NO!! Very possible they could repeat next year.

This team was in the same boat as the Blazers last year. Lots of nice young talent, but who knows how they will eventually turn out. They used some of those chips to go out and get the guys they needed. AND THEY WON IT ALL. You wouldn't trade a couple of prospects for solid veterans who could guide the Blazers to a Championship? If you say no then you are full of crap.... Live for today and let tomorrow take care of itself......
New England Patriots

Boston Red Sox

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Neely8 wrote:What do I care about their finances for?
Uhm... maybe because it's the current topic?

Pierce, Garnett, and Allen have a few good years left in them.
Certainly possible, if not likely... but certainly not an absolute, considering Allen and Pierced's track records.

They will be surrounded by good young talent and role players for those years.
Link to these "good young players"?

"Role players," I'll agree with.

Will they have to rebuild eventually. Yes. All teams have to sooner or later.
And that was kinda my point -- with the contracts Boston has, this is going to be extremely difficult.
Live for today and let tomorrow take care of itself......

Boston was in a position to do just that, and they wisely took it. It's the "tomorrow" thing that's the problem for Boston. Few, if anyone doubted the potential for short term success. Few with any brains are doubting that the Celts are going to have a very difficult road to hoe in a couple of years.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Dinsdale wrote:
Neely8 wrote:What do I care about their finances for?
Uhm... maybe because it's the current topic?

Pierce, Garnett, and Allen have a few good years left in them.
Certainly possible, if not likely... but certainly not an absolute, considering Allen and Pierced's track records.

They will be surrounded by good young talent and role players for those years.
Link to these "good young players"?

"Role players," I'll agree with.

Will they have to rebuild eventually. Yes. All teams have to sooner or later.
And that was kinda my point -- with the contracts Boston has, this is going to be extremely difficult.
Live for today and let tomorrow take care of itself......

Boston was in a position to do just that, and they wisely took it. It's the "tomorrow" thing that's the problem for Boston. Few, if anyone doubted the potential for short term success. Few with any brains are doubting that the Celts are going to have a very difficult road to hoe in a couple of years.

After 22 years of waiting I think management just decided to go for it. Damn the torpedoes ya know??

This team had two tragedies that really impacted them for years. Len Bias in 86 and Reggie Lewis shortly thereafter. Two potential franchise guys just up and die. Those two things have hurt this franchise for 20 + years.

They tried the youth movement for a while and were content to continue it until the lottery last year. Getting the 5th pick really opened their eyes. Turning that 5th pick into Ray Allen and then trading for KG was sheer genius. I think I take most exception to your comments about KG. That guy has been nothing short of awesome since coming here. Not even close to a locker room cancer, or a me first kind of guy. He came here, checked his ego at the door, and straight balled.

I think you will change your tune on Rondo in a couple of years. Once this kid develops a consistant shot he will be an all star point guard in the East. Perkins I am not quite sold on yet, but so far so good.
New England Patriots

Boston Red Sox

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions