Your thoughts...

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Jack
enigma

Your thoughts...

Post by Jack »

12 year old girl told she can no longer play basketball with boys!

Beaverton, Oregon -
Jaime Nared, a 12-year-old girl who stands 6-foot-1, has been told she can no longer play on the boys team of which she has been a member since the second grade, according to a report on the Web site of The Oregonian. Curiously, the timing of her ban came in the wake of a 30-point effort against an all-boys team.

"She scored 30 points," Jaime's mom, Reiko Williams, told The Oregonian. "I remember one play. She stole the ball, dribbled up court and made a behind-the-back pass to a teammate. He missed the lay-in, and she grabbed the rebound and put it in. I think it was just too much for some of those parents.

"The next day, she came home and said they wouldn't let her play with the boys anymore."

I think it's a whack move! Let her play at least until high school! She has to have some kind of squatters rights. having played so long with boys.

and yes, I see the irony with Beaverton... and the pun .. squatter's rights!
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Re: Your thoughts...

Post by Smackie Chan »

~sirfindafold - please pick up the white courtesy phone~
"I see everything twice!"
Get fucked
Just do it

Post by Get fucked »

Your thoughts...

Get fucked.
Risa
nubian napalm - numidian princess

Post by Risa »

I think she should have been playing on the girl's teams this whole time unless no girl's teams existed.

Young men are not allowed to play on the girl's teams because they are 'undersized', so why should a young woman be allowed to play on the boy's teams because she is 'oversized', if a girl's team exists for her to play on? The assumption here seems to be that women's basketball is inferior to men's basketball. I don't think that's right to allow such assumptions to stand.

If she's allowed to play on the boy's teams, then boy's should be allowed to play on the girl's teams.......... and frankly, there should be no division of teams by sex, there should be competitive co-ed teams.

(and I guess this makes four. ciao, for a while.)
on a short leash, apparently.
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

Risa wrote:.... there should be competitive co-ed teams.
I concur with this and so has her town for the past 32+ years..

From the Article:
"I never saw the rule," said Abraham, who has coached basketball for 32 years.

Reality is that under 12 years of age, girls tend to be more coordinated and are more mature both mentally and physically.
It isn't until boys go through puberty that their dominance in sports becomes obvious.

I think the parents are out of line here. When kids get to High School separating the sexes makes much more sense.

Let her play as long as she can!

What would Catherine and James say?