Pacman a Cowboy

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Pacman a Cowboy

Post by DallasFanatic »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3364138

Boys giving up a 4th round pick and a conditional pick in 09. Hopefully nothing more than a 6th or 7th rounder. This addition is a definite risk, but I think its one worth taking. Assuming he's re-instated, Jones will instantly improve the defensive backfield for the Boys. This will more than likely get Roy off the field during obvious passing downs which is a huge improvement.

Like I said, Jones is worth the risk, and I think the Boys have a solid locker room and great counseling program to keep Jones inline.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Re: Pacman a Cowboy

Post by RevLimiter »

DallasFanatic wrote: Like I said, Jones is worth the risk, and I think the Boys have a solid locker room and great counseling program to keep Jones inline.
How did that work out for the likes of Mike Irvin? Or Nate Newton? Or Mark Tuinei? :lol:
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

RevLimiter wrote:
DallasFanatic wrote: Like I said, Jones is worth the risk, and I think the Boys have a solid locker room and great counseling program to keep Jones inline.
How did that work out for the likes of Mike Irvin? Or Nate Newton? Or Mark Tuinei? :lol:
About as well as it did for your dead linebacker.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

DallasFanatic wrote:I think the Boys have a solid locker room...

Ya. TO is a real calming influence....
Last edited by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 on Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

DallasFanatic wrote:Like I said, Jones is worth the risk, and I think the Boys have a solid locker room and great counseling program to keep Jones inline.
That's what the Titans said too.

Nice to see the Cowboys brass is living in a river in Egypt.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent ... 32f84.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lemme see, Pacman gets in an argument at strip club. Pacman threatens people at strip club. People at strip club get shot. Gunman who shot people at strip club gets 15,000 payoff from Pacman.

They knew this and STILL made the deal? What a bunch of fucking tards.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

DallasFanatic wrote:About as well as it did for your dead linebacker.
Touche'... :lol:
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
DallasFanatic wrote:I think the Boys have a solid locker room...

Ya. TO is a real calming influence....
He was a model teammate last year....no reason to think otherwise this year.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

RevLimiter wrote:

Got anybody who still plays in the NFL? Anybody who played this millennium?

Anybody brought in after Calvin Hill was hired to work with player personnel?

Yeah, didn't think so.

Unless you want to drop Quincy Carter in there. Remind me what they did with him?

I know you love to latch on to that 90's crack wagon moniker, but the truth is that the Cowboys organization over the last decade has been one of the cleanest in the NFL.

So keep living in the past, Hell, if I was a KC fan I sure as hell would.

The reality is that this is a low risk move. Sure pacman is a high risk player, but a 4th round draft pick this year and a 6th next for a former #6 pick seems like a good gamble. Hell, they get that 4th round pick back if Goodell doesn't re-instate him this year.

He's not being brought in to be a savior. He'll be a nickel guy and a punt returned.

I still think the Cowboys take a DB in the 1st round. But PacMan may be a good insurance policy while a third guy develops.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Headhunter wrote:The reality is that this is a low risk move. Sure pacman is a high risk player, but a 4th round draft pick this year and a 6th next for a former #6 pick seems like a good gamble. Hell, they get that 4th round pick back if Goodell doesn't re-instate him this year.
The Dolphins said the same shit about Lawrence Phillips.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

DallasFanatic wrote:He was a model teammate last year....no reason to think otherwise this year.
That is open to interpretation… he didn't handle the Jessica Simpson situation too well. He should have said no comment. Both times. And he fucking cried about the whole ordeal ("that's my quarterback!!!! ~sniffle~") like the little bitch that he is.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
DallasFanatic wrote:He was a model teammate last year....no reason to think otherwise this year.
That is open to interpretation… he didn't handle the Jessica Simpson situation too well. He should have said no comment. Both times. And he fucking cried about the whole ordeal ("that's my quarterback!!!! ~sniffle~") like the little bitch that he is.
Maybe he meant by Cowpoke standards he was a model teammate.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

From a pratical standpoint this is a good move by the Cowboys to pick up great talent for nothing.

I am not sold on Pacmans conversion but I know that the Cowboys have Calvin Hill working on that.

As to the TO haters.

81 catches 1355 yards and 15 TD's

Worked hard on and off the field. Showed up every game he played. Didn't take plays off. No issues about not getting enough touches. No issues with any teamate. He showed support for 'his" QB. Which might be the first time.

Unlike a few other recievers from other teams getting in trouble with the law, holding out etc...

I would think that fits the whole "Ideal Teamate" catagory.
Save me some of that corn for laters...