T-Mac

The Pro Hoopstahs

Moderator: Moorese

RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

T-Mac

Post by RumpleForeskin »

I've been hitting the blogs hard, both Utah and Houston ones. For the most the blame is going on T-Mac, but I fell differently.

If there ever was a series you couldn't put on T-Mac, this is the one. He is missing his 1st and 3rd leading scorers and Utah has the 2nd best record (Rockets) in the NBA since January 1. Its not like Houston is playing a cupcake playoff team.

I'm sorry, but Kobe nor Lebron could get pass Utah is they were missing the same as the Rockets. And T-Mac aint on the same level as Kobe or Lebron.

So why is everbody pointing to him for the team's first two losses?

Doesn't make much sense to me. Utah is just better.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
bbqjones
indian black betty

Re: T-Mac

Post by bbqjones »

RumpleForeskin wrote:So why is everbody pointing to him for the team's first two losses?
help me scrape the mucus off my brain
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

RumpleForeskin wrote:So why is everbody pointing to him for the team's first two losses?

Because he wants all the money, all the glory, and all the credit when they win.

And few are as familiar with that double-edge sword than TMac.

He's always come across as such a me-first guy, I always enjoy watching him fail as an idividual, rather than succeed as a team.

Although I'll always admire his comments after Tim Hardaway's homo-meltdown -- "Just because someone puts a microphoine in your face, it doesn't mean you have to use it."

That was fairly awesome.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I'm indifferent about T-Mac. I think both Dins and Rumple are partially right. I think McGreedy is a team player...NOW. When he was younger, I think the me first attitude was there. He wants to win. Sucks for us Rockets fans as I really thought this was the year they would get back to going deep in the playoffs. Without the injuries, they probably would. Alas, injuries are part of the game.

As for the Lebron and Kobe comparisons? I think Rape-me could carry the Lakers through one round with out Gusol and Bynum...but probably not against a Jerry Sloan coached team. Sloan, in my mind, is the greatest coach in the past 20 years. Yes, better than Jackson. Jackson has not coached a team that did not have the games best player(s). Anyone could have won with the two different Bulls teams both anchored by Jordan and Pippen. When Jordan first retired, look how the Bulls performed. Then Jackson gets the best center (at the time) in Shaq and Rape-me along with a good supporting cast. Once again, anyone could win with that team. If Jackson wins it with this lineup considering how good the West is, maybe I'll change my tune. Give Sloan the teams Jackson has had and he'd be wearing as many rings if not more.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

I’d put Popovich right up there with Sloan.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Goober McTuber wrote:I’d put Popovich right up there with Sloan.
Agreed. And if Pop keeps this up for another 5 years, which I have no doubt he can and will, I would put him ahead of Sloan. Of course, Sloan seems to have quite a few more years left in him too.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

IF, you're all over the place.

IndyFrisco wrote:Anyone could have won with the two different Bulls teams both anchored by Jordan and Pippen.
Werd.

Sin,
Doug Collins

When Jordan first retired, look how the Bulls performed.
Eastern Conference Finalists?

IndyFrisco wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:I’d put Popovich right up there with Sloan.
Agreed. And if Pop keeps this up for another 5 years, which I have no doubt he can and will, I would put him ahead of Sloan.

Nowwaitaminute...

Zenmaster is no big deal because he's always had the best players the Association has to offer, but Pop is the man because...?

You have no doubt the Spurs will continue completely dominating as Tim Dunk King (who, last I checked, has pretty much been the best player in the NBA for the last 10 years or so... not the flashiest, just the best) begins fitting his rocking chair with fluffy pillows and downing Metamucil?

Sounds more like a case of you just not liking Zen very much, rather than having any sort of accuracy or consistancy in your takes.

Now, don't get me wrong -- I'm down. Matter of fact, you don't need to make up any bullshit lines of completely contradictory reasons... just say "Jackson is an insufferable, arrogant prick," and I'll RACK your take.

But "Pop rules, but Jackson sucks because Jackson always has the best players" is just plain fucking silly. My fucking grandmother could win with Duncan, Parker, and Obi Wan Ginobli... and she's dead.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Jackson is a good coach. Just ask Del Harris when he had Kobe and Shaq. When Jackson got in there, he turned that team into a Champion. Same with Pippen and Jordan. Collins had his chance, but blew it.

Jackson is a legit coach. The best? I'd say no. Pop and Sloan are 1 and 2.

As for T-Mac and the Rockets? Rack their effort in Utah. They almost pulled out two wins in a row in ESA. That is no small task considering the Jazz only lost 4 games there all year long. Had it not been for an Okur shove in Scola's back on that rebound, then we might be headed back to game 5 with the series notched up 2-2.

The refs have been atrocious this entire series on both sides no doubt. I just think the Rockets have fallen victim to the refs whistles late in games 2 and 4. The Kirelenko flop when Jackson hit the open 3 to tie the game was fucking huge for the Jazz. And then the Battier/Korver should have been jump ball on the inbounds play that was called a foul from an official all the way on the other end of the court was rediculous.

Fuck the refs.

I hope the Rockets win tonight and give everything Utah can handle in game 6. Dikembe needs to put an elbow in AK-47's cheek bone before this series is over.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I would not use Doug Collins or Del Harris in comparison simply because when they were coaching the Bulls and Lakers, respectively, Jordan/Pippen and Bryant/Shaq were not quite in their prime, especially Collins and the Bulls. When Jackson got to LA, Shaq was becoming the dominant player and not just the bowl you over and dunk. Kobe was filling out and becoming much more consistent. Same comparison for Collins and the Bulls. When Jackson got there, MJ seemed to be less interested in scoring 50 a game and more interested in winning. He focused more on defense as opposed to just scoring. He changed his game.

Jackson stepped into a ripe scene where his players were hitting their prime. Pop started just before Duncan got there. He built that team. All they had when he got there was Robinson. It took him 7 years to win the championship. How long was if after Jordon got into the league again before he won his first championship? yeah, bout the same time. That's when these young players get into their prime and make the big difference and finally get the ring.

Jackson never "built" anything. He just took a great situation and made championships happen. When Jordan left him, what did he do? Quit. When the going got tough in LA, what did he do? Quit. If he can't have the best at his fingertips, he wants nothing to do with it. Did I say Jackson was the suck? No! I think if Sloan was given the teams Jackson was given, he would have done just as well if not better. Pop built this Spurs team and continues to make it better. And as I said before, I think he does this a few more years and probably becomes one of the greatest of all time.

Jackson. Good coach. Can't stand the heat though so gets outa the kitchen when the going gets tough.

Prediction: Chris Paul and LeBron James end up on the same team. Guess who snakes in as coach. Your Zenmaster.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

What a fucking statement game by the Rockets tonight. Fucking rack the hell out of the effort by everyone on that team tonight. They finally remembered how to play offense. T-Mac was on FIYA. Rack this team grinding it out and making a series out of it.

Game 6 means everything.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I'll rack'em when they win the(a) series. Until then, it's just another dissapointment.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

IndyFrisco wrote:Jackson never "built" anything. He just took a great situation and made championships happen. When Jordan left him, what did he do?

Coached the team that Jordan and most of the supporting cast had left into the second round. The following year, he coached them to the Eastern Finals.

I completely understand the point you're making, and agree to an extent. You're just using a lot of mistruths to try and make said point.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Dinsdale wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote:Jackson never "built" anything. He just took a great situation and made championships happen. When Jordan left him, what did he do?

Coached the team that Jordan and most of the supporting cast had left into the second round. The following year, he coached them to the Eastern Finals.

I completely understand the point you're making, and agree to an extent. You're just using a lot of mistruths to try and make said point.
I meant when he left the second time.

edit: And there is all the rumors of the NBA maybe "asking" Jordan to take some time off the first time due to the gambling. I really don't put much stock into that, but if there is any truth to it and Jackson knew MJ would return, I can see why he stuck around THAT time knowing MJ would return. I'm not wearing a tin foil hat, but I would not put it past the NBA to do something like that.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

IndyFrisco wrote:And there is all the rumors of the NBA maybe "asking" Jordan to take some time off the first time due to the gambling.

If you're going with the conspiracies, go with the "It was the mob, and MJ didn't get the message until they offed his dad."

Since everybody was betting the Bulls to win in preseason bets, illegal bookmakers were taking a beating. Or his gambling debts got out of control (a guy who's degenerate enough to go $1 million a skin with PGA pros while sporting an 8 handicap? Nice work Mentally Jaundiced).

On topic...

LOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same TMac we've come to know over the years... when his team wins, he can't say the word "I" enough... everyother word out of his mouth. When his team loses, it's all about "we." It is his MO, has been his MO for 12(?) years, and will surely continue to be.

And I'll decipher his post game comments for you... "It is what it is" (of his personal playoff record, which is a giant oh-fer)... translates to "No big deal."

And you still wonder why A) TMac is a loser, and B) Why he bears the brunt of the blame?

You seriously can't figure that out?

He's a chronic looooooosssssssser.