blackhawks to televise all 82 games next season

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

Screw_Michigan

blackhawks to televise all 82 games next season

Post by Screw_Michigan »

bill wirtz dying was the best thing to ever happen to blackhawks fans. the team announced today that they'll broadcast all 82 games (also all in HD) on csn chicago and wgn 9. what sucks is that it will NOT be broadcasted on the superstation. FUCK.

in case you've been living under Paul, the blackhawks never broadcasted home games for decades only started picking up more games in the past few years. they had eight home games broadcasted this year and it was a big deal. now, every single game will be on.

the press conference is happening right now. i don't believe even the red wings have all 82 games televised.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: blackhawks to televise all 82 games next season

Post by Shoalzie »

Screw_Michigan wrote:i don't believe even the red wings have all 82 games televised.
Nobody does really...Versus and NBC can get exclusive rights to a game so not every single game will be broadcasted locally. Pretty much 75 or so of the Wings games are on FSN Detroit...the others are nationally televised. One or two at the most might be moved to FSN+ if there's a scheduling conflict and not everyone has that on their cable.

Good news for the Hawks though...the WGN games will be a nice deal so everyone can watch them. I order Center Ice every year so I can watch those games wherever. The only sucky thing is that I can't get NHL Network on Comcast...I think it's available on the dish.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

That is good news. I never believed or agreed with Wirtz's thinking on why he wouldn't televise the home games. SIlly thinking to say the least.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Welcome to 2008!! As far as I can remember Bruins games were always broadcast. The away games were on local TV 38. Home games were on NESN which back then was a pay channel, but is now standard on cable around here. Never thought this was an issue anywhere else. Surprised really.....
New England Patriots
2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016 Champions

Boston Red Sox
2004, 2007, 2013 Champions

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Neely8 wrote:Welcome to 2008!! As far as I can remember Bruins games were always broadcast. The away games were on local TV 38. Home games were on NESN which back then was a pay channel, but is now standard on cable around here. Never thought this was an issue anywhere else. Surprised really.....
as horrible as an owner jeremy jacobs is, it shows you how much of an idiot wirtz was when jacobs couldn't even hold a candle to him.

and yes, welcome to 2008 is right. it's about time.

does nesn show the beanpot?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Although they need help from others and they have to win their final two games...the Hawks could still find themselves in the playoffs. I thought they were done about a week ago but they have quietly re-emerged as Edmonton fell out of the race. They had Khabibulin in net last night and they hammer the Red Wings at the U.C. They play them again on Sunday in Detroit on NBC.

One of Nashville's remaining games is in Chicago on Friday, so the Hawks can control their destiny from that standpoint. The Predators play tonight hosting the Blues after they came back from down 3-0 on Tuesday. As for the Canucks, they play the Oilers tonight, who are now spoilers instead of having something to play for and then host Calgary on Saturday, who are only playing for positioning.

We'll see how this goes but if the Wings aren't careful, they could lose #1 to the Sharks if they win out and the Wings can't collect points in their final two games...I'll be at the Joe tonight to watch them play Columbus with the expected return of Holmstrom. Also, the prospect of the Wings possibly facing Chicago in the first round of the playoffs...eek!
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Neely8 wrote:Welcome to 2008!! As far as I can remember Bruins games were always broadcast. The away games were on local TV 38. Home games were on NESN which back then was a pay channel, but is now standard on cable around here. Never thought this was an issue anywhere else. Surprised really.....
as horrible as an owner jeremy jacobs is, it shows you how much of an idiot wirtz was when jacobs couldn't even hold a candle to him.

and yes, welcome to 2008 is right. it's about time.

does nesn show the beanpot?

Every year they sure do. Semi Finals and Finals. It's always BU and BC though......
New England Patriots
2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016 Champions

Boston Red Sox
2004, 2007, 2013 Champions

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions