MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Patrick Roy's son gooning it up

Post by MuchoBulls »

Dreams......Temporary Madness
Screw_Michigan

Re: Patrick Roy's son gooning it up

Post by Screw_Michigan »

no surprise here. the frog who is losing 7-1 in his game, and is ranked the worst goaltender in the quebec league, skates to and bowls over the unsuspecting opposing goalie (who is the best rated goaltender in the league). also beats him when he's on his back and seemingly unable to defend himself. i can't believe that player didn't get any more shots at roy jr. any of the teams i was on back in the day while playing competitively (though not at a high level as jr a) would have completely hopped off the bench and not given up until a certain frog goaltender looked like he was put through the southeastern conference regular-season MEATGRINDER. suspensions be damned.

that is all.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

7 games for the son, 5 games for the proud papa.

I am still surprised the opposing goalie stood there all nonchalant while Roy Jr. skated down toward him.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Lil' Roy was totally at fault in the matter but I wouldn't have blamed the other kid for at least protecting himself instead of just taking punches while in the fetal position. Flipping the fans the bird really wasn't necessary either...really over-the-top by the kid. Patrick was a showman and a drama queen but he wouldn't have pulled that crap when he played. At least with the Vernon and Osgood fights...those were legit.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

ESPN just had a clip from the bench area that shows Patrick Roy signaling his son to go down the ice and start the fight. Agree about the one fingered salute.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

at least when patrick was busy being a bitch in his playing days, he was obviously one of the best goaltenders in the NHL. lil' roy is one of the WORST goalies in the quebec league.

the opposing goalie should have noticed what was going on even a split second before he was hit, but once little roy got going, he ended up on his back and was pretty much screwed. this would only happen during a playoff game because if this was a game in the middle of the season, no way he gets away with that attack as long as he did.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

i actually thought the one-finger salute was the only funny thing about the sorry incident. after you basically beat the living shit out of a defenseless opponent in front of about 3k people, why not just seal the deal? they're all witnesses to a crime anyway.

and where's the opposing coach going scotty bowman on roy sr? you'd think he's at least hanging over the partition between benches yelling his ass off. and what about the father of the beaten down goalie, was he not in attendance? you think he'd want a piece of roy sr for telling his kid to kick his son's ass?