Pronger suspended 8 games for stepping on Kesler

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

Shoalzie
WingNut

Pronger suspended 8 games for stepping on Kesler

Post by Shoalzie »

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=pag ... eid=357028" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is the 8th suspension of Pronger since 1995 and he's only getting 8 games for something Chris Simon got 30 games for? Simon in his career had 5 suspensions prior the Hollweg incident. Simon much like McSorley and Bertuzzi pretty much committed assault on a player on the ice and were severely punished but to see the league go light on Pronger for this is very fishy when Simon got almost 4 times as many games. I'm not one for conspiracy theories or anything but you wonder if Pronger is getting star treatment. The league should be watching him more and giving him less room for error considering he's very much a repeat offender.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Re: Pronger suspended 8 games for stepping on Kesler

Post by Cuda »

Pronger is a Name, Simon isn't. That explains everything.

It's also a good argument in favor of fighting. Pronger was plainly trying to slash the guy with his skate. Best thing that could happen to him is for somebody to blind-side him the first time he gets back out on the ice and put him out for a few more games.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Anyone have a video of the incident? I noticed how NBC only mentioned the suspension and didn't show a clip.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Simon has come out and said Pronger is getting the star treatment

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=232237&hubname=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

YouTube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt5rBWarx6A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

I still think Simon's was worse, but there is no way that Pronger should have only gotten 8 games. SOmewhere in the neighborhood of 20 would have been fitting.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

I'd have to echo one of the sentiments I read on the link provided. Looking at Simon's case he was sneakily and viciously attacking Ruutu after action stopped whereas Pronger almost looked like he was trying to stop - or make the guy pay - for trying to trip him in the midst of play.

Of course, double standards always exist, I don't believe one is at play here 100%. Maybe, 25% :D