Yo Leaf fan

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Yo Leaf fan

Post by Adelpiero »

The rumor is, that Toronto has/will offer/ed Brian Burke a 5-6 year deal to be General Manager.

He will sign it after the season

thoughts otis? I am a big Burke fan, say what you want, he is a winner. He can build you a winner!
Screw_Michigan

Re: Yo Leaf fan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

if he can revamp the in-house talent evaluation system, of course he can. this is the asshole of the nhl we're talking about here, though, intellectually and traditionally.

GL, BB.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

The Leafs were also rumored to be chasing Scotty Bowman and Ken Holland...I'll believe this when it happens.

Burke was an average GM in Vancouver but cleaned up the mess left by Bryan Murray and turned the Ducks into a powerhouse. I don't know if he'd have as much in the cupboard to work with in Toronto...especially if Sundin, Kaberle and/or McCabe are traded.
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Personally, I can't stand Burke and his holier than shit atttitude. But you have to respect his record and qualifications to do the job. That might make him somewhat bearable.

But if you believe the local media and specifically someone who was in management with the Leafs, Bill Watters, the next president and GM of the Leafs has already been decided upon by the team of Peddie and Gordon Kirke and Brian Burke's not the guy.

Colin Campbell's got the job..

At least he'll be better than Larry Pleau's former coffee boy, JFJ was.
I mean he has to be right?
RIGHT?????

Whoever said Harold Ballard's tenure as owner couldn't be beaten by an even more inept ownership group..