Lakers get:

Pau Gasol
2nd rounder in 2010 (I believe)

Memphis get:

Kwame Brown
Javaris Crittenton
the rights to Aaron Mckie and Marc Gasol
1st rounder in 2008 and 2010

Immediate talk of best in West with this trade. I'm pretty damn hyped up about it myself. I'm liking a line-up of D-Fish, Kobe, Odom, Gasol, and Bynum (when he comes back).
Last edited by DoggFather on Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: Pau Gasol to the Lakers

Post by Dinsdale »

I was just thinking how brutal a Bynum/Gasol 4/5 could possibly be.

Enjoy it this season, Lakerfan. Because an Oden/Aldridge tandem is much scarier... and you know it.

Make your time.

Although, since the NBA seems to have forgotten that "cleaning up the officiating thing" halfway through the seaon, I like the Lakers chances of winning the West. You know the wannabe "marketing genius" Stern is jizzing his shorts over a possible Laker/Celtics finals (which the Celts are going to need help -- getting past either/both Detroit and the LeBrons is too much for 3 career-long chronic losers).
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
DoggFather
Crack Whore

Post by DoggFather »

I was just thinking....Darko and Kwame side by side. :shock:
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Dinsdale wrote:I was just thinking how brutal a Bynum/Gasol 4/5 could possibly be.

Enjoy it this season, Lakerfan. Because an Oden/Aldridge tandem is much scarier... and you know it.

Make your time.

Although, since the NBA seems to have forgotten that "cleaning up the officiating thing" halfway through the seaon, I like the Lakers chances of winning the West. You know the wannabe "marketing genius" Stern is jizzing his shorts over a possible Laker/Celtics finals (which the Celts are going to need help -- getting past either/both Detroit and the LeBrons is too much for 3 career-long chronic losers).

And you tossed the socaltrojan moniker in MY direction??!!!!???

After perusing some of your recent postings, I respectfully suggest you try altering your dosages...or just change meds completely....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

The Seer wrote: And you tossed the socaltrojan moniker in MY direction??!!!!???

Yes. And you're cementing it too, by displaying similar intelligence.

Where in that post did I either condone deplorable behavior, or deny that said deplorable behavior even occurred?

Nice work, moron.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Dinsdale wrote:

Myopic officiating baiting is pure socaltrojan. If he knew what it was, he could sue you for libel...
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

The Lackers will still be out after the first round of the playoffs(as usual).

Deal with it.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Diogenes wrote:The Lackers will still be out after the first round of the playoffs(as usual).

Intelligent take (as usual).

If the Lakers get the #1 seed (which they're right in the hunt for), who will they play in the 1st round?

Golden State maybe? Do you really think Golden State will EVER out run-and-gun with a team that has Kobe on it?

Really?

What if it's the suddenly-resurgent Kings?

If the Lakes keep that record up, this is quite possibly the year they get past the first round.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Diogenes wrote:The Lackers will still be out after the first round of the playoffs(as usual).

Deal with it.

I laughed. Hard.

I fucking sincerely hope we draw you defenseless fucking pussies in the playoffs-because i'd love nothing more than to see Bynum absolutely destroy Amare again. Fucking idiot Suntard-short memory much? Did you conveiniently forget how you were raw dogged and gaped when we were healthy?

Come playoff time, the wrecking ball known as the Lakers will be tearing through motherfuckers 2001/2002 style.

Kobe, Gasol, and Bynum..........KGB motherfuckers.

And Seer/Doggfather.......nevermind Dicksinhaled's Failblazer loving ass-Its painfully obvious he still has a complex due to a certain Purple and Gold clad team mashing his shit squad the last 4 times they've met in the playoffs. If you can get past the sounds of him furiously lapping up Odens DNA blasts, you'll get quite a hearty laugh at hearing him pimp a fucking lifelong cripple who hasnt so much as stepped foot on pro hardwood yet.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ring number 15 has a nice fucking sound to it.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Dinsdale wrote:

Intelligent take (as usual).

If the Lakers get the #1 seed (which they're right in the hunt for), who will they play in the 1st round?
They'll probably be seeded 4 or 5 and play Dallas or New Orleans (possibly San Antonio, if so, break out the brooms).

ImageImage
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

You can rearrange the letters in Pau Gasol to get Apu Lagos.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

There are 10 teams in the west that all as good as on another. The Lakers getting Gasol helps, but it does not make them the clear cut team to beat in the loaded West. 6 games separate 1-10. This thing isn't getting settled until the finals.

If LA does earn the #1 seed and draw Houston or Golden St. in the first round, they could be eliminated in 4 games. Its so level in the West, nobody is scary and nobody is overmatched.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Don't suppose you've just happened to check out standings in the West lately?

At this point, saying a team will "probably" be seeded anywhere is flat out moronic.

There's 6 games between #1 and #10. Speculating about any seedings 35 games from now is exactly that... "speculating."

To assign a "probable" to any one of the 8 spots is... well, it's fucking stupid.

One of those 10 teams will probably suffer a major injury -- care to give us which one it will "probably" be?

TIA, Nostradamus.

Lakers' schedule is looking fairly cupcakey over the next month. A couplefew tough games, and some serious cakewalks.

Raydah James wrote:If you can get past the sounds of him furiously lapping up Odens DNA blasts, you'll get quite a hearty laugh at hearing him pimp a fucking lifelong cripple who hasnt so much as stepped foot on pro hardwood yet.

Oh, I'm sorry. I guess I must have confused Greg Oden for that absolute STONE COLD LOCK for the HoF known as Andrew Bynum... how's he doing these days, anyway?

Stay gold, Lakerfan.

On a sidenote -- having Oden and Bynum coming up in the West is all of a sudden making Roy Hibbert a valuable draft pick for some West team. West teams not named Portland or Los Angeles need to start planting a crop of really big bodies now, so they're ripe by the time the up-and-coming big daddies start making their mark.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

For the record, Gasol is a great pick up. But they gave away too much of the future, and without Bynum, Pau, Fisher and the Rapist can't carry the rest of those clowns. BTW, Bynum was supposed to be out 2 months, now they are hoping to get him back by the playoffs.

4 seed at best, out in the first round.

ImageImage
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Dinsdale wrote:At this point, saying a team will "probably" be seeded anywhere is flat out moronic.

There's 6 games between #1 and #10. Speculating about any seedings 35 games from now is exactly that... "speculating."
Got me on the ignore list, eh?
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

RumpleForeskin wrote:

Typed my response while you were posting yours.

But make no mistake, I haven't ruled out putting you on The List. But if I can't put Dio on it, it's hard to justify putting Rumps there.

Diogenes wrote:Gasol is a great pick up. But they gave away too much of the future

Borderline sig material, right there.

So, do you think it's losing Kwame (whose contract is up at the end of the season), or a #19 draft pick that was "giving away too much of the future"?

Or was it Pau's brother, who wouldn't suprise anyone if he never saw an NBA court?

Or, did you figure Aaron McKie (RACK the Blazer-btw) was the Future Of The Lakers?

Or was it a combination?

I mean sure, it's not like #19 draft picks come along all the time or anything... because any time you can pick up the 4th-best PG in the draft, you need to mortgage the franchise to keep him and all...

Dude, maybe you shouldn't have had that second bowl of I Don't Know What The Fuck I'm Talking About Chex this morning.

Only thing the Lakers lost on the deal was cap room for 2008/09... sin, Marcus Allen

That was a stupid take, even by Dio standards.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Dinsdale wrote:
RumpleForeskin wrote:

Typed my response while you were posting yours.

But make no mistake, I haven't ruled out putting you on The List. But if I can't put Dio on it, it's hard to justify putting Rumps there.

Diogenes wrote:Gasol is a great pick up. But they gave away too much of the future
So, do you think it's losing Kwame (whose contract is up at the end of the season), or a #19 draft pick that was "giving away too much of the future"?
They could give Brown away for a toatster oven and it would be an upgrade. But 2 out of their next 3 1st rounders?

If they were going to go anywhere the next year or two, maybe. But they aren't. They would be better off shopping the rapist while they can still find a sucker to give value for him. As long as he's in a Lakers uni, he'll be a cancer.

ImageImage
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Have you ever considered having a clue what you're talking about BEFORE you post?

Uhm, there probably was few if any teams in the NBA that wouldn't have been willing to make a pretty decent offer for Kwame. If you really need me to explain to you why he was one of the most desired players in the entire league, I can certainly do that for you. Gasol is obviously someone the Lakers were very interested in, since they could have made a whole slew of different deals for Kwame, who had one of (if not THE) highest trade values of anyone on the block.

Do you really need that explained to you? Seriously?

Other than that, you're wrong about everything else you posted, too.

The Lakers can't shop Kobe. Well, they can, but that's a fairly worthless endeavor. I can explain why this is true to you, if you like. Hint: There's only one player in the NBA with a no-trade clause in his contract... care to guess who that is? The Lakes don't really have a say in it. It would be easier to negotiate a buyout than trade him... light coming on yet?

Kobe is the best player in the NBA (now that Duncan has slowed). He's 29(?), but has a whole lot of miles on him for a guy that age. In other words, his "window is closing." When you have one of the all-time greats (damn, it pains me to say that), you don't sandbag and start a rebuilding process that kicks in when your star is 34. You do what it takes to improve now.

I'm not sure if you noticed this, but for a few minutes before Bynum we4nt down, the Lakes had the best record in the West. Since you don't appear to follow basketball very closely, I'll help you out some more, so you don't sound like such a dumbass the next time you run your yap...

When you have a record in the .600+ range... your draft pick sucks. I'm sorry you had to find out this way.

Next year... their draft pick will suck. Year after? Yup, it'll suck. BFD.

BTW -- as far as "cancer" -- Kobe has more rings than every Sun combined ever got in their tenure. Newsflash, bud -- the Suns have an even bigger cancer... their best player and undisputed leader doesn't play any defense, and harbors an atmoshere where non-defense is perfectly permissable. A much worse cancer than Kobe ever could be.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

You sure do like to type. But thanks for sharing the obvious and the inane. In case you missed it, Bynum isn't coming back until the playoffs. The Rapist wanted to be traded at the beginning of the season, if they found the right deal, he would probably jump on it. They'll never win another ring as long as he's around. Brown is overrated. And you still don't know shit about the Suns.

Dumbfuck.

ImageImage
DoggFather
Crack Whore

Post by DoggFather »

Obviously the big question here (if you're a Laker fan) is whether or not Bynum can bounce back from his injury, both physically and mentally. He said, in one of his interviews, that the rehab is going well but he's 20 so what the hell does he know. I'm just happy Kareem Abdul-Jabbar will there every step of the way to mentor him. Although he never really had a major knee injury, he has been out for a couple months during his career. He will be able to inform Bynum on how to stay sharp and enhance his basketball IQ while he is wearing suits.

Assuming Bynum does come back playing like he was prior to his injury, it will be really hard for me to think that they can't get past the 1st round no matter who they play. Bryant's minutes have gone up lately due to a depleted roster, but before the trade and before Bynum and Ariza went down, he was averaging 35-36 mpg and the team was winning. Add to the fact a top-5 bench, come playoff time you have a legitimate title contender.

All that being said it is going to be a very exciting second half. It's great to see these surprising teams making some statements and having people discuss more than just the "Big Three".
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Diogenes wrote:The Rapist wanted to be traded at the beginning of the season, if they found the right deal, he would probably jump on it.
Yes, I'm sure Mr. "I dream of wearing only one uniform" is just chomping at the bit to get off his team that's vying for the #1 spot in the West... I'm sure he is.

Brown is overrated.... Dumbfuck.

OK, should I type really slowly this time?

Kwame Brown is FUCKING NAILS right now. Just about every team in the NBA would trade fairly big for Kwame right now. I'm sure the Trailblazers would have been all over it, if not for a couple of other saviors.

And I'm laughing my balls off that you need someone to explain why.

DoggFather wrote:I'm just happy Kareem Abdul-Jabbar will there every step of the way to mentor him.

FUCKING RACK!!!!!!!

Sin,
Michael Olawakandi
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Diogenes wrote:You sure do like to type. But thanks for sharing the obvious and the inane. In case you missed it, Bynum isn't coming back until the playoffs. The Rapist wanted to be traded at the beginning of the season, if they found the right deal, he would probably jump on it. They'll never win another ring as long as he's around. Brown is overrated. And you still don't know shit about the Suns.

Dumbfuck.

Dio, you are being played. Dins, my sometimes foil, is the cat and you are the ball of yarn.

Eject and claim your posts are post superbowl hangover related....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

The Seer wrote:
Diogenes wrote:You sure do like to type. But thanks for sharing the obvious and the inane. In case you missed it, Bynum isn't coming back until the playoffs. The Rapist wanted to be traded at the beginning of the season, if they found the right deal, he would probably jump on it. They'll never win another ring as long as he's around. Brown is overrated. And you still don't know shit about the Suns.

Dumbfuck.

Dio, you are being played. Dins, my sometimes foil, is the cat and you are the ball of yarn.
No, he's just a clueless tool. And I don't feel like wasting my time typing out detailed responses to his idiocy. If the Lackers get the 1 seed (or advance past the first round) let me know. If they ever win another championship with the Rapist on their roster, we'll talk. I call themj as I see them, we'll see how it plays out.

ImageImage
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

After a quick second look at this thread, I can't stop laughing.

Diogenes wrote:Brown is overrated... Dumbfuck.

Kwame is overrated?

Really?

I'd love to discuss this more with you...

Once you provide a link to a source... any source, that rates The Kwamster as anything besides "bust" or "massive ball of suck."

Many, if not most knowledgable people would rank him in the NBA's bottom tier. If a player is bottom-tier caliber, and is ranked in the bottom-tier...

well, YOU figure it out...

Dumbfuck.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Dimsdale wrote:Kwame is overrated?
Really?
I'd love to discuss this more with you...
Once you provide a link to a source... any source, that rates The Kwamster as anything besides "bust" or "massive ball of suck."
Many, if not most knowledgable people would rank him in the NBA's bottom tier. If a player is bottom-tier caliber, and is ranked in the bottom-tier...
Dimsdale wrote:Uhm, there probably was few if any teams in the NBA that wouldn't have been willing to make a pretty decent offer for Kwame. If you really need me to explain to you why he was one of the most desired players in the entire league, I can certainly do that for you. Gasol is obviously someone the Lakers were very interested in, since they could have made a whole slew of different deals for Kwame, who had one of (if not THE) highest trade values of anyone on the block.
Moron.

ImageImage
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Holy fuck, dude.

OK, Dio. I really do have to explain it. Freaking unbelieable.

Uhm, why would Memphis trade an All-Star for Kwame Freaking Brown?

Why would the Trailblazers trade a 20/10 guy for Steve Francis?

Why do any GMs make those seeimgly brainless moves?

See, Dio, in the NBA, they have this thing called the "salary cap." In a nutshell, it says that you can only spend a certain amount on total player salaries every year. If a team spends more than the cap, there is a "luxury tax," which is a finacial penalty that's enforced on the teams that overspend.

Next season, Gasol will make around $15 mil under his current contract. Next season, you know how much money Brown makes under his current contract?

Zero. Zip. Nada.

See Dio, since you have a third-graders understanding of the business side of the NBA -- the side that dictates a large chunk of trades, rather than what happens on the court, I'll explain it further...

Memphis is in a little bit different boat from most teams, but the concept is the same. It's going to take a boatload of money to keep Rudy Gay on the Grizzlies, if he chooses to remain at all. The money they will hypothetically be paying him counts againt this salary cap I mentioned earlier. The money they would be paying Gasol would also count against the cap. Between those two, they wouldn't have a whole lot of room left under the cap to pay anyone else without having to pay Luxury Tax, which is a pretty tall order for a team that doesn't make any money to start with, and certainly can't afford to waste it paying Luxury Tax.

Enter Kwame Brown. You do remember how much money he's under contract for after this season, right?

See, Dio, if you trade guys with longer-term high-dollar contracts for guys whose contracts expire at the end of the current seasion, you've made a savvy move known as "getting cap relief." Unfortunately for Memphis, it's not with the idea that they'll be retaining Rudy Gay (whose jersies I'm sure you've stocked up on), or signing any big name free agents in the offseason. Memphis is trying to sell the team, and are reducing their long term debt-load to do it, which is pretty standard fare for big money corporate deals.

How about another example? My Trailblazers have two bigtime studs in their second year. They have one bigtime stud in his first year. As these players' rookie contracts expire, they will be offered extensions. Bigtime superstars get bigtime superstar salaries. If the Blazers want to resign Roy, Aldridge, and Oden, it would be financial suicide to attempt to do so without getting contracts that expire at the time the new contract begins, since the Luxury Tax implications would be nightmarish if the team payroll wasn't trimmed beforehand. That's where Steve Francis and Raef LaFrentz come in. Franchise-Killer was bought out, but still has a "cap hit" for the Blazers. Raef's contract (about $12.5 mil) expires after '09. See, next season, LaFrents will be one of the hottest commodities on the trade market.

Have you made it far enough through this lesson to figure out why?

LaFrents won't be traded next season. He will sit at the end of the bench and be one of the team MVP's. You know why? Because there's guys by the name of Roy and Aldridge who are surely wanting to get their hands on that future money, once Raef is done with it. After that, there might be some more wheeling and dealing, since Greg Oden is probably going to fetch a pretty penny after his rookie deal is up in a couple of years.

Catching on yet?

So in summary Dio, there's actually a lot more to an NBA team that a bunch of really tall guys running around in funny shorts. When the players are making several million dollars a year, somebody actually has to manage all that money, and sometimes they make a deal for a lesser player to sign players from other teams, but usually it's their own players they worry about. While there's some really complicated rules granting salary cap exemptions for retaining your own players and keeping them from making more money elsewhere, that's the gist of it.

And dude, your complete ignorance of the NBA business would be shocking, if it was being displayed by anyone else. With you, you write at a third-grade level, so I sup[pose it's no shock you have a third-grader's understanding of NBA business.

But you'll just have to trust me... and every GM in the entire Association, when I tell you that Kwame was one of the more valuable players in the game this February.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Dinsdale wrote:

No, I didn't bother reading all of that crap.

ImageImage
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Diogenes wrote: No, I didn't bother reading all of that crap.
You should have. You might have learned something, you fucking moron.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Completely understandable, since it appears you have never really read anything about how the NBA works. Why start now?
Dumbass
Elwood

Post by Dumbass »

Hilarious.

The same absolute dumbfucks are still in here spewing the same old tired shit they did years ago.

Dio, you are still a fucking twat and should go fist fuck your gilrfirend, BSmack on the NFL forums.

This fucking site is just loaded with absolute fucking mornons that don't know dick. Is that idiot Van still around. Probably not. Probably trying out for the Queens himself they suck balls so much.

Dio you're a fucking idiot as displayed every time you try and slam 24. I guess if the idiot keeps saying it, some other idiots may eventually follow. Afterall, there are plenty around here.

Out in the first round.....I like that one too. Dumbfucks. Good Lord, the people around here are still as clueless about the sports they discuss as they were 10 years ago. Fucking laughable.
Striving to be a victim of Polly's plagiarizing ways.