SUPERBOWL XLII going to Glendale!!

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Jack
enigma

SUPERBOWL XLII going to Glendale!!

Post by Jack »

SuperBowl

After the Patriot's Rush of 21-12 and the Giants 3rd Tyne is the charm, wins, We are going to Glendale!

Mike Carey will become the first black referee in Super Bowl history. Tom Petty will sing at half time but the real deal will be playing football on the field.

These questions can be found on ESPN and other NFl sites but I pose them to you.

1. Will the Patriots find a way to unleash Randy Moss in the Super Bowl?
2. Should the New England defense still be considered a weakness?
3. Can the Giants score a touchdown against the Patriots while in the Red Zone?
4. Is Eli Manning, the real deal?
5. Can the Giants count on Lawrence Tynes with the game on the line?
6. Which players will be X factors in Arizona?
7. Should the Giants be concerned about their pass rush?
8. Will the Patriots cover the spread? (currently favored by 13)
9. Which team will benefit most from the extra week off?
10. So why should anyone believe the Giants can beat the Patriots when they couldn't do it in the season finale last month?
11. Which team will win the game and what will the final score be?
Jack
enigma

Re: SUPERBOWL XLII going to Glendale!!

Post by Jack »

Randy Moss, IMO, will not be the MVP of the game. He will score 1 touchdown but will be of more use as a distraction to keep the Giants from putting too much pressure on Brady.

Not just no, but HELL NO! What idiot came up with this question? The Patriots are masters in the Red Zone!

Maybe 1. This will prove to be Eli and the Giant's wdownfall. ELi will throw 1-2 picks in the Red Zone.

Yes, no question. He is a young stud that has arrived. He still lacks clock management and will make the occasional make bone headed moves but he is a top tier quarterback with a tremendous future.

NO!

I will get back to this one later.

Yes!

No! This will be a close game. It will be one for the ages. The final score will not be an indication of how close this game will be.

The Patriots! The Giants are HOT and playing over their heads. I believe this week off will benefit the Patriots over the Giants. I also believe that the Giants players are also more likely to get distracted by the events before the SuperBowl.
As a PAtriot fan, this extra week is a true gift!

10. So why should anyone believe the Giants can beat the Patriots when they couldn't do it in the season finale last month?
Because the Giants have proven worthy to play at this high level. Manning has grown up. His team believes in him. Tiki "the cancer" Barber is not on the team! The Giants have a damned good defense and Defense wins championships.

Patriots 37
Giants 27

* Coach Coughlin has done many smart things during this postseason run to give his team the confidence it needs to play in this game. By playing his regulars against the Patriots in the final game of the season, He has made them believe that they stand a good chance of beating the Patriots, if they just remain focused for the entire game! Can you imagine what everyone would be saying and how his team would be feeling if he had rested them on the final game of the season? and also by sticking with Tynes and giving him the opportunity to redeem himself, Coach Coughlin has given his team that extra boost of confidence.

This will be a good SuperBowl!!
-
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

jack
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Mike Carey will become the first black referee in Super Bowl history ....

What, Walt had fishing palns this weekend?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure 'the league' isn't fixin' to dry-fuck somebody in this game.

Good luck, .... somebody.

I'll be waitin' to say I told ya.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Yes because they have to, however if the Giants secondary is healthy they may be able to contain him, but not Moss and Welker.

No, never especially with so many veterans and with Belichek as the coach they may bend, but they won't break.

Hopefully if they utilize the height difference that Boss and Burress both have.

As a lifelong Giant fan I'm not convinced yet. It seems like I'm always waiting for that trainwreck to happen but it hasn't in recent weeks. I've been through the Scott Brunners, Joe Pisarcek's of the world and Eli is not that bad, but in an instant he can be.

They damn well better. Maybe weather played a factor in the game but it won't in AZ.

I think the Giants D-line vs. the Pats O-line. Can the Giants get a pass rush and get to Brady? If so then who knows. I think Eli and the Giants running game is key. If Eli can stay within himself and take what the defense gives him then they'll be fine. Can the Giants secondary cover long enough to get an effective pass rush on Brady.

Whose pass rush? Their own or the Pats? Pressure Eli and he'll make mistakes.

I don't think so. The Giants played them in week 16 and had a big lead late in the game. I think they're confident that they've won 3 tough playoff games and 9 in a row on the road so they're feeling pretty good about themselves.

I think both will. The Giants will be able to heal up in the secondary, however with NE you know they'll put in some stuff that they haven't done all year to confuse the Giants. Both teams will benefit but in different ways.

Because this is the NFL and anyone can beat anyone especially on this stage. The Giants had a big lead with 9 minutes or so left in that game. Eli threw well in that game and the Giants have a lot of momentum coming into the SB. It's tough to beat a team twice. The Giants are playing very well right now and their defense is stifling. Eli is managing the game very well and not trying to do too much. The Giants have nothing to lose. They weren't supposed to be here. NE has all the pressure to finish undefeated. the Giants are 2 TD underdogs so what the hell do they have to lose? Nothing and a desperate team with nothing to lose is a dangerous team.

Giants 31-28....or at least I hope so.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Mike Carey will become the first black referee in Super Bowl history ....
I hates that guy, and it has nothing to do with him being black.

Whenever he calls a penalty, he seems to get some sorta' perverse pleasure out of it, adamantly gesturing towards the offending team.

Oh well, let's hope he doesn't butcher his moment in the spotlight.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

Jack wrote:SuperBowl

Mike Carey will become the first black referee in Super Bowl history. Tom Petty will sing at half time but the real deal will be playing football on the field.
National anthem will be sung by Jordin Sparks. Her father, Philippi Sparks, played for the Giants from 1992-1999. In fact he even played with Strahan on defense.

This could bode well for the Giants.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Jack wrote:We are going to Glendale!
Who the hell is "we?"

Oh, wait. You mean -- "WE," as in America!

Awesome, dude.

No, seriously. That's pretty insightful, in the NFL Forum, on this board.

Just be sure to chime in with your "Super" party menu tips on snacks and stuff, during the "big game," k?

Fucking Idiot.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Jack wrote: These questions can be found on ESPN and other NFl sites but I pose them to you.
Jack,

You forgot 4 important questions.

12. What's the going rate for commercial time?
13. Which commercial will create the most "buzz"?
14. How many commercials will feature Peyton Manning?
15. Will Tom Petty have any major costume malfunctions?