Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

he took a 2mil paycut they said!

solid hire, out of nowhere.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

i'll continue typing in lower-case letters till mid-january. ohio state did well enough waiting that long to hire tressel. of course, i don't recall their search coming off so comically.
BlindRef
Fuck State

Post by BlindRef »

Yeah except Cooper resigned on the 1st of January.
Those who stay will be champions.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

optimism, friend.

fuck, who am i kidding. i'm about to go make out with the chicago skyway while a bunch of heavy cars drive over my head.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

What IS Cooper doing these days?
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
Sky
It stinks like sex in here

Post by Sky »

M Club wrote:optimism, friend.

fuck, who am i kidding. i'm about to go make out with the chicago skyway while a bunch of heavy cars drive over my head.
You need to tell your bitch president to get her nose out of the job search. She has no business helping this early in the process. Sure as a final measure of approval but not this involved.
"Rest easy Woody, the new man has arrived."
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Mich's search seems to be walking in ass-deep mud. I have no doubt I could run it better. You are probably the most-storied program in the country and you can't find a coach? Geez. It is looking like Neb's clusterfuck in '03.

Nice hire for Ark, they are getting Petrino with a pay-cut. Ya his pay-cut still pays him huge but that is a great hire.

Maybe Mich can make a play for Lane Kiffin, he can't be that happy working for Davis. I still think you should just reconsider Kelly.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Snake
Elwood

Post by Snake »

T REX wrote:What IS Cooper doing these days?
Expert commentator ala Lou Holtz.....................................
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

Thought this would be a thread about terrettes syndrome
Fuck the ACLU. It will always be Merry Christmas to me.

Barrack Obama is lib speak for Jimmy Carter
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

T REX wrote:What IS Cooper doing these days?
Dusting off his resume and sending it to Lllllloyd.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Danimal wrote:Mich's search seems to be walking in ass-deep mud. I have no doubt I could run it better. You are probably the most-storied program in the country and you can't find a coach? Geez. It is looking like Neb's clusterfuck in '03.
Not to mention, this didn't exactly happen overnight. Martin has known this about this since August. Cripes.
BlindRef
Fuck State

Post by BlindRef »

Nolesy wrote:Thought this would be a thread about terrettes syndrome
I looked an unfortunatly Tourette Syndrome isn't something you can acquire outside of it being passed on genetically.

However, the amount of cursing I have done over the last few weeks could qualify me for a test study.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

I have to admit, outside of a few people I know, I am loving every minute of this. Most UofM fans were complete fucking douche pumps when ND was going through their search and the Meyer rejection.

Hello, my name is Killian, and I love wallowing in schadenfreude.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

rumor i heard was Michigan going after KC Keeler from delaware

fuck, who knows, its somebody new or the same each day
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

my new number one choice is brian ellerbe. at least he's not mike debord or brady hoke.
BlindRef
Fuck State

Post by BlindRef »

I'll call my shot...

KC Keller will be the next coach at Michigan.
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

Well Patrino will be available in a few weeks.
Fuck the ACLU. It will always be Merry Christmas to me.

Barrack Obama is lib speak for Jimmy Carter
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Danimal wrote:Mich's search seems to be walking in ass-deep mud. I have no doubt I could run it better. You are probably the most-storied program in the country and you can't find a coach? Geez. It is looking like Neb's clusterfuck in '03.
Not to mention, this didn't exactly happen overnight. Martin has known this about this since August. Cripes.
Ya it has been known for a while that Carr was gone. Being this unprepared is ridiculous. Martin should be canned.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

BlindRef wrote:I'll call my shot...

Yeah, but did he pass the pre-screening process? In other words, is he a Michigan Man?
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

BlindRef wrote:I'll call my shot...

before it was miles assuming he could beat ohio state. now it's keller assuming he can beat appalachian state.

le sigh.
BlindRef
Fuck State

Post by BlindRef »

I like the idea...he's young...he's a winner. If he beats App State tomorrow then he has one up on Lloyd.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

true, he's an appealing option. i suppose the issue for us fans is to remain calm considing anyone hired for the job is a wildcard. i'm glad miles isn't an option any longer b/c he's no more a savior than __________.
BlindRef
Fuck State

Post by BlindRef »

Rumors are that Mary Sue Coleman and Bill Martin are meeting Rich Rodriguez in Toledo today.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/vi ... p?t=318643
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Heard on the radio, he's got a $4 million buyout...
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

That would be a great hire and a huge loss for WVU.

Would he leave his alma mater?
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Believe the Heupel wrote:Holy crap, just think of Sam McGuffie in Rich Rodriguez' offense.

And yeah, I think Michigan has their guy.
The trigger man in his offense is the guy, (see Oregon) Rodriguez will be 3-4 years getting the players that will fit what he wants to do...possible culture shock for the conference with Poor Math Skills... with Purdue and Northwestern being the exceptions.

Could change the culture of the plodder conference...much like the Big 12 has become. Spread 'em out...match-up football.
Made me smile however to see OU hit a Mountain West team like Missouri in the mouth.

Bo and Woody would be pissed.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

i've never had a guy give me a boner, but...
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

West Virginia had a very credible defense this season, they didn't give-up many points. The problem was that their vaunted O sucked when White got hurt against Pitt and USF. If White stayed healthy you guys would be playing WV for the championship.

IMO Rodriquez would be a quality hire for Mich, if they can get him. Plus he might bring-in a new DC to Mich since he'd have more pull there than at WV.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

I'd love the hire, at this stage I'll believe it when it's all the way done. How much will WVU hate UM for luring away 2 coaches?

He could retain Ron English as DC.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Danimal wrote:West Virginia had a very credible defense this season, they didn't give-up many points. The problem was that their vaunted O sucked when White got hurt against Pitt and USF. If White stayed healthy you guys would be playing WV for the championship.

IMO Rodriquez would be a quality hire for Mich, if they can get him. Plus he might bring-in a new DC to Mich since he'd have more pull there than at WV.
I still will beg to differ. White was doing shit against us before he got hurt. Brown came in and did a much better job against our D. We've held Slaton and White in check 2 years in a row mainly due to the speed we have on D. Pitt also has a good D as well and has some good speed from their LB's and DB's.

That "vaunted" O is certainly capable of being held in check if you have quick DE's to keep White and Slaton from getting outside and then having the speed at LB to keep them from getting past the front seven.

I'd be shocked if Rodriguez left.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

88 wrote:Rich Rodriguez and Michigan Fan deserve each other. I hope it happens. That would be fucking hysterical. He's a defensive genius, you know.
our defense can't get any worse, but our offense can score more points. nothing like rolling 39 points out on the #1 team in the country and losing. tenuta could always do the dirty work for him.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

MuchoBulls wrote:
Danimal wrote:West Virginia had a very credible defense this season, they didn't give-up many points. The problem was that their vaunted O sucked when White got hurt against Pitt and USF. If White stayed healthy you guys would be playing WV for the championship.

I still will beg to differ. White was doing shit against us before he got hurt. Brown came in and did a much better job against our D. We've held Slaton and White in check 2 years in a row mainly due to the speed we have on D. Pitt also has a good D as well and has some good speed from their LB's and DB's.

That "vaunted" O is certainly capable of being held in check if you have quick DE's to keep White and Slaton from getting outside and then having the speed at LB to keep them from getting past the front seven.

I'd be shocked if Rodriguez left.

Sorry but there is no way WV gets shut-down that completely by Pitt if White stays in. They wouldn't have got a lot more but likely enough to win. They may well have lost to you but you have to remember that a hallmark of a good qb is making making plays when the going gets tough. They can struggle and struggle but still kill you in the end. Ya White was struggling before he got hurt but that doesn't mean he couldn't have came-on in the second-half. That is what the better qb's do.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Danimal wrote:Sorry but there is no way WV gets shut-down that completely by Pitt if White stays in. They wouldn't have got a lot more but likely enough to win. They may well have lost to you but you have to remember that a hallmark of a good qb is making making plays when the going gets tough. They can struggle and struggle but still kill you in the end. Ya White was struggling before he got hurt but that doesn't mean he couldn't have came-on in the second-half. That is what the better qb's do.
Maybe not against Pitt, but they were still limiting him before he got hurt. I still will contend that White is a pussy. Did you see the play he got hurt on against Pitt? He put his hand on his blockers back and dislocated his thumb? We at least knocked him around a bit the last 2 times we have played.

White hasn't made a play against us the last 2 years and Brown did more against us in 2 and half quarters than White has the last 2 seasons.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
BlindRef
Fuck State

Post by BlindRef »

M Club wrote:
88 wrote:Rich Rodriguez and Michigan Fan deserve each other. I hope it happens. That would be fucking hysterical. He's a defensive genius, you know.
our defense can't get any worse, but our offense can score more points. nothing like rolling 39 points out on the #1 team in the country and losing. tenuta could always do the dirty work for him.
I think he'll probably keep Ron English. Which will make up for Rodriguez's short comings.