Article on Miles saga.....

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Article on Miles saga.....

Post by WolverineSteve »

In case there's anyone who isn't tired of this story, check out this article...........

Where there's Maize and Blue smoke ...

By Pete Fiutak

1. To clean up one of my favorite sayings, don’t whiz on my back and tell me it’s raining.

My man Richie Cirminiello got inside word on the Friday before the SEC Championship that the Tiger players knew that Les Miles was going to take the Michigan job and that Bo Pelini was off to Nebraska. This was a big-time inside tip, but doing our due diligence, we held off on the story (trust me when I say almost any other outlet would’ve gone with the info we had) until we could get absolute, 100% confirmation. By that time, other media outlets had heard the same thing, and from different sources. Then on Saturday morning, ESPN and Kirk Herbstreit went public with it causing LSU to react swiftly with great vengeance and furious anger.

Again, this wasn’t exactly exclusive insider knowledge to Herbstreit. So even after the cat was totally out of the bag that Miles was at least thinking about Michigan, what does Miles do? He has the temerity, the unmitigated gall, to hold a press conference just before the SEC Championship game and feign righteous indignation by basically suggesting that the story was made up. The LSU official web site had in the SEC Championship game story that Miles had “debunked an ESPN rumor,” like the story came from a Tennessee fan on a message board. Just because someone yells and acts all mad, that doesn’t mean what he’s saying is necessarily true.

What possible good would it do ESPN, or any reputable media outlet, to lie about something like this? It’s not like GameDay is at the forefront of investigative journalism, and it’s not like it’s known for being anything more than a very, very good Up With College Football show, so if Herbstreit is going to report on something that big, it’s going to be relatively rock-solid. Remember, ESPN could've gotten it right, and then the story changed because of it.

Again, we didn't have the story cold and didn't go with it, but all indications were that Miles was at least mentally in Ann Arbor and thinking about the opportunity, LSU stepped up to squash the situation before the biggest game of the year, and the marriage in Baton Rouge apparently remains intact … for now.

Now this gets really, really interesting because Miles is stuck. He can't go take his dream job and he has to be Mr. LSU, even though he's a worse actor than Keanu Reeves when it comes to talk about the Michigan gig. Now that his team actually won the SEC title and is playing for the national title, he can't go after the job, Michigan needs to move on, and LSU fans are left wondering if they really have an LSU guy coaching their beloved team.

Here's the deal. If Miles actually signs the long term contract with LSU, then the situation is squashed and life goes on. But if Miles ends up taking the Michigan job, he has to go to each and every LSU player and fan and personally apologize for yanking their chain. Let's wait until Michigan actually
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

Kirk Herbstreit (ex-Buckeye QB and known Buckeye homer) breaks a story about michigans next and most coveted coach. A day early, knowing Les Miles would be pissed. Causing Les Miles to go on national tv hours before the SEC game and tell everyone he's staying at LSU.

Buckeye bode over Michigan?
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

WolverineSteve wrote:Let's wait until Michigan actually
Actually what?

Link?

Um ... WS, the story wasn't complete, plus there was no url.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Let's wait until Michigan actually hires someone else before closing the book on this.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7521148
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

peter dragon wrote:Kirk Herbstreit (ex-Buckeye QB and known Buckeye homer) breaks a story about michigans next and most coveted coach. A day early, knowing Les Miles would be pissed. Causing Les Miles to go on national tv hours before the SEC game and tell everyone he's staying at LSU.

Buckeye bode over Michigan?
I think that had LSU not had a shot at the MNC bowl, Les would be headed to AA. The timing and circumstances made this a tough situation for Miles to walk away from.

There was another article that speculated that the LSU AD forced Miles' hand threatening to whack him on the eve of the CCG if he didn't agree to an extension. Interesting play if it's true.

Bottom line Herbie went with the story, he had it right at the time, but the circumstances changed.

Bode? We'll see, if/when the search is completed.
Sky
It stinks like sex in here

Post by Sky »

WolverineSteve wrote:Bode? We'll see, if/when the search is completed.
Not getting Miles = a good thing IMO.
"Rest easy Woody, the new man has arrived."
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Sky wrote:
WolverineSteve wrote:Bode? We'll see, if/when the search is completed.
Not getting Miles = a good thing IMO.
not really. les miles isn't named mike debord. bill martin has done nothing in this search other than demonstrate how fucking smug he is. i'm sure the only time he steps out of his ivory tower is to fellate lloyd carr and have dinner with william clay ford to discuss being entirely out of touch with reality. i'm starting to fear screw's prediction of sorts.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

The newest rumor has Brady Hoke as a front-runner. WTF? Ya Ball State is winning, after how many years there? Maybe he is improving as a coach, but maybe he just has the right group of players coming-together. Other than Michigan ties how much does he bring to the table? Maybe he'd work-out but he'd definitely be a risk.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?