OU-38
asu-17

lsu-69
HI-20

vt-27
ku-20

osu-10
uga-12
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

At this point, I'll go ahead and project a Hawaii loss. Based on that:

BCS championship: Ohio State vs. LSU
Rose: USC vs. Illinois
Sugar: Georgia vs. Kansas
Orange: Virginia Tech vs. West Virginia
Fiesta: Oklahoma vs. Arizona State

P.S. Amazing that both of you knocked out West Virginia. They're an automatic qualifier.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

I was just being a smartass, I thought his matchups were ugly games anyway.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Hold the phone on Hawaii, anyway. They've closed the gap to 28-21 at the half.

If Hawaii wins, everything stays the same except that Hawaii replaces Kansas.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
War Stoops
Elwood

Post by War Stoops »

My $0.02...

BCS Championship Game: Ohio State vs. LSU
Orange Bowl: Virginia Tech vs. West Virginia
Sugar Bowl: Georgia vs. Hawaii
Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma vs. Kansas
Rose Bowl: USC vs. Illinois
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

It's looking like many people are jocking for a LSU vs OSU match-up....even better than UGA since they won their conference and blew out Va Tech.

So LSU jumps over KU & UGA to number two?\

I'll take it.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I'm hoping for Hawaii/LSU in the Sugar.

And I'm leaning towards Hawaii taking LSU out behind the woodshed.

Either way, I want to see Hawaii's offense against one of the top defenses. That has "fun" written all over it.

I think people who weren't able to watch Hawaii much (most of everyone) don't realize what a well-oiled machine Hawaii is, and merely shrug them off due to their schedule. I would recommend not writing them off so quickly.

Colt Brennan is easily the Heisman winner. Broke every record in the book. Led his team to an undefeated season. Led a comeback against the team everyone though would be their undoing. What else can he do, besides play on the Mainland?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Dinsdale wrote:What else can he do, besides play on the Mainland?
not put on the puppet show for CU coed?
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

I think the Big Ten is in for a LONG bowl season....

War Stoops
Elwood

Post by War Stoops »

88, I could be wrong, but I don't see the Orange taking Kansas over West Virginia. Also, doesn't the Big East have a tie-in to the Orange? Maybe not, but I think WVU is in the Orange either way.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

T REX wrote:I think the Big Ten is in for a LONG bowl season....

Depends on the matchups but I don't expect much from them either...most of their wins will probably come from the teams in the lower level games.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

War Stoops wrote:88, I could be wrong, but I don't see the Orange taking Kansas over West Virginia. Also, doesn't the Big East have a tie-in to the Orange? Maybe not, but I think WVU is in the Orange either way.
Not sure of the pecking order, but I think the only way WVU doesn't go to the Orange is if a BCS bowl selecting ahead wants them. Sucks for VT since they purposely ended the annual West Virginny game and now they have to deal with those cretins while on vacation.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

EDIT--In light of Van pointing out that three teams from the same conference can be in the BCS, I revised my picks.

The Big East is the only conference to not have an actual bowl tie-in. West Virginia can end up in any of the four bowl games given Ohio State is not going to be in the Rose Bowl most likely.

My predictions (not my actual choices)...
Title Game: Ohio State (Big Ten champ & #1 BCS team) vs. LSU (SEC champ & #2 BCS team)
Orange: Virginia Tech (ACC champ) vs. West Virginia (Big East champ)
Fiesta: Oklahoma (Big XII champ) vs. Hawaii (At-Large team)
Sugar: Georgia (At-Large team/#2 replacement pick) vs. Missouri (At-Large team)
Rose: USC (Pac-10 champ) vs. Illinois (At-Large/#1 replacement pick)

Ohio State and LSU are my predictions to finish #1 and #2. Virginia Tech, Oklahoma and USC as conference champs are locked into their respective bowls. The Rose Bowl gets the first pick among the at-large teams and the Big East champ to replace Ohio State as the #1 team. However, they can't take Georgia because the Sugar Bowl gets the rights to replace LSU with another SEC team with their replacement pick. The Rose Bowl will stick to tradition although Illinois isn't the best choice. They should slide into the top 14 since Tennessee lost in the SEC title game. The Sugar Bowl would naturally take Georgia to replace LSU.

The rest of the selections follow based on bowls closest to the date of the title game. Orange Bowl gets first pick and they'll go with the Big East champ West Virginia. The Fiesta Bowl is next and they'll take Hawaii. The Sugar has the last pick and they'll take Missouri.

The polls really put themselves in a bad spot with having LSU behind Virginia Tech in both polls considering what happened earlier in the season. Plus, having Georgia and Kansas ahead of potential conference champs like Oklahoma, Virginia Tech, LSU and USC just sets up for some major contraversy. Ohio State is safe from being jumped because they are a conference champ. Had Illinois or Wisconsin won the Big Ten and Ohio State was #3 going into this week, I think would've gotten jumped just like Georgia is going to get jumped. It'll be interesting to see if the voters drop Georgia and Kansas a few spots just so either team doesn't end up in the title game.

It's just a huge mess at this point and I'm glad I'm not in charge of making this decision. After tonight, several teams are going to be royally pissed about this whole process.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

T REX wrote:It's looking like many people are jocking for a LSU vs OSU match-up....even better than UGA since they won their conference and blew out Va Tech.

I'll take it.
It's looking that way for LSU based on the Coaches poll.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

I have heard that the Rose comittee will take a lot of heat from the Pac 10 if they take Illinois as that may knock a higer rated pac 10 team out of a BCS bowl.

Title game
osu vs lsu
Rose
USC vs Kansas or Missouri... I want Georgia
Fiesta
Oklahoma vs ASU
Sugar
Georgia vs Hawaii
Orange
Va Tech vs West Virginia
Last edited by SoCalTrjn on Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

MuchoBulls wrote:
T REX wrote:It's looking like many people are jocking for a LSU vs OSU match-up....even better than UGA since they won their conference and blew out Va Tech.

I'll take it.
It's looking that way for LSU based on the Coaches poll.

The AP also have Ohio State #1, LSU #2, Oklahoma #3, Georgia #4, Virginia Tech #5, USC #6.

It's looking like Ohio State-LSU unless the computers put Oklahoma in over LSU. Appears to be a three team battle after seeing the human polls.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

amazing

2 losses vs top 10 team

you beat illinois and KU and they get the BCS bowl bid(ps your also ranked higher than both)

its ok, ill be in dallas for cotton before season you told me a cotton bowl bid, id be happy as hell. baby steps, next year a bcs bid.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

88 wrote:There is talk that poll voters are going to advance LSU past Virginia Tech, Kansas, Georgia, West Virginia, Missouri and Ohio State to insure that LSU makes the BCS Championship. If that occurs, then I think the games would look like this:
which is total horseshite. aside from the obvious, polls are supposed to reflect the pecking order at any given moment, and a poll taken at the end of the year will be more accurate than one taken after two weeks of sec home games. but what happens is we get to the end of the year and everyone votes according to the game they want to see. lsu from #7 to #2? if that's the case they should've dropped to #4 after their last loss. what, the geniuses who vote for the bcs participants couldn't have anticipated the arguments we're having now about who's the best two-loss team?

the same thing happened with michigan last year. yeah, florida should've been invited ahead of them based on their body of work, but then again, michigan should've dropped behind them in the rankings after the osu game. both florida and lsu did nothing to justify the boost they were given by the voters other than winning a ccg against pedestrian opponents.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Believe the Heupel wrote:Hmm. I don't think there's any way that OU has a stronger computer rating than LSU.

I bet you're right and with OSU having only one loss, they're a lead pipe lock to be #1. Not looking good for the Sooners...
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

M Club wrote:

the same thing happened with michigan last year. yeah, florida should've been invited ahead of them based on their body of work, but then again, michigan should've dropped behind them in the rankings after the osu game. both florida and lsu did nothing to justify the boost they were given by the voters other than winning a ccg against pedestrian opponents.
That and they both won the toughest conference in the land.....not sure but that MAY count for something.....

Snake
Elwood

Post by Snake »

T REX wrote:
M Club wrote:

That and they both won the toughest MEATGRINDER of a conference in the land.....not sure but that does count for something IN MY WORLD.....

FTFY
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

The voting process needs to be evaluated because were anyone totally convinced Missouri and West Virginia were the two best teams in America last week or were they just the best teams that haven't had a late season loss? The voters put themselves in a tough spot with putting Kansas and Georgia ahead of the potential champions of their respective conferences plus USC and Virginia Tech. There was no way Georgia and Kansas deserved to be in the title game since they didn't win their own divisions so why were they ranked in positions that would logically lead them to be the next in line if they weren't going to be leapfrogged the next week? It's another flaw in this whole system.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Believe the Heupel wrote:Shouldn't have fuckin' lost to CU or Tech, and it wouldn't be an issue. Winning the Big 12, having a top 5 ranking, and going to the Fiesta Bowl with a freshman QB is a pretty damn good year anyhow. I'd sure like the chance to play OSU in the national championship, but OU had every opportunity to clinch that and didn't.
tOSU fans would be saying the exact same thing, had Mizzou & WVU earned the NC game berths.

Every major BCS conference champion, at this point, has a claim to play for a national championship. Hell, if tOSU got leapfrogged I wouldn't be that upset about it. It's a flawed system. To not expect a flawed result in the end (as far as the matchups go) would be stupid.

What a year this would be for that 8-team/conference-winner-based playoff idea.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

T REX wrote:
M Club wrote:

That and they both won the toughest conference in the land.....not sure but that MAY count for something.....
have you traveled much around the states? i have, and it's funny that the only part of the country i've heard ppl refer to the sec as the hands-down toughest conference is the southeast. it's obviously not that tough if you're so insecure about it. i can break down my comment for you again so you can comprehend it in a light other than SECBESTEVERYONEELSESUCKSCOMEHEREANDI'LLMAKEYOUASAUSAGEWITHMYMEATGRINDERTHOUGHITSSTATIONARYANDDOESNTLEAVETHESHOP.

1. florida should've played in the bcs instead of michigan

2. after the osu game, michigan had accomplished what it was going to and florida basically accomplished what it was going to do.

3. but the voters still voted michigan ahead of florida.

4. florida won a coronation game against arkansas that normally doesn't elicit jumping an idle team ahead of it.

5. when it came time to decide the participants in the bcs game the voters wanted to see osu-florida, so they used the pretense of the arkansas game to jump them ahead of michigan, as if beating them all of a sudden made them that much more impressive than michigan.

6. which is fine, florida should've played osu instead of michigan [point #1], but the voters should've avoided this horseshite by dropping michigan below florida as soon as osu beat them.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I think it's going to become a trend now for a highly-ranked Big Ten team to sweat it out in the last two weeks while other top teams play important games. Would the Big Ten ever consider playing into the last week of the regular season? The Pac-10 and Big East don't have conference title games and they finished their season this weekend. What is the motivation behind finish the season so early? Delaney needs to consider making that move. Just imagine if OSU-Michigan was played yesterday instead of two weeks ago. Ohio State isn't getting jumped here but imagine if Ohio State was another two loss conference champion...they would've been leaped for sure by LSU and Oklahoma if they were idle for two weeks.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Insecure?

Huh?

Wow......that osu thing really screwed you up. You might never beat them again. Ouch.

I look forward to rolling your team and sending Carr off with a swift kick in the ass. I am sure you guys all of a sudden learned how to defend the spread. Same with tOSU. Perrilloux will get some snaps.

M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

T REX wrote: Huh?
insecurity is when you interrupt a thread about thanksgiving dinner with the only two points you're capable of making: osu hasn't played anyone and the sec is the best conference int the country. why don't you make that your signature so you don't have to keep typing it over and over.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Too funny....another fine example of only reading what you want to.....how many anti-SEC threads are were/are there. Insecure? How about just defending my opinion.....no...it can't be that can it? With T REX its called insecurity....someone else is just defending their position. ANother hypocrite at work......everyone can SLAM the SEC OOC schedule a million times but if I say/do anything more than once its called insecurity? Fuck you dude. You are no better than the rest, a fucking hypocrite to till the end and I will enjoy the ass beating that UF is going to put on big blue-hoo fucking wolverines.

And, one question asshole? Do you think the SEC is the best conference top to bottom? If not, insert your answer here.

Gawd.....I cannot wait for bowl season.....un-fucking-real.

You will see insecure pal......carr shitting himself and wondering why he got another spread option team....one that happens to run it better than anyone else in the damn country.

A fine send off......prick....

Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

BCS - Ohio State (BigTen) vs. LSU (SEC)
Rose - USC (Pac10) vs. Illinois (BigTen)
Orange - Virginia Tech (ACC) vs. Kansas (BigXII at-large pick)
Fiesta - Oklahoma (BigXII) vs. Hawaii (WAC at-large)
Sugar - Georgia (second at-large pick to replace LSU) vs. West Va(BigEast)
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

sorry, insecurity also takes the form of calling people on message boards an asshole. you're pissed about something i wrote, which means you're insecure.

exceptions aside, most people on this board have readily admitted that the sec is the best conference, they just don't think the gap's as wide as you'd like to believe. people slam the sec's schedule b/c for the most part it's a joke, which is all the more relevant considering you can't go a post without lampooning ohio state's. hypocrite much?
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

that has been my point all along...the gap is not as wide...

13-11 Big 10 v SEC in head to head bowl matchups since BCS has been in play...just using this stat to point out the gap is not as wide...not that the Big 10 is vastly superior...
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Who said there is a huge gap?

I have said several times that the Pac 10 is a close second.

Who? Who are these people that you imagine? Where are the quotes?

Fucking whack job......I think you were talking to yourself when you said "insecure".....

Bottom line....there's a gap....insecure assholes.....

OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:that has been my point all along...the gap is not as wide...

13-11 Big 10 v SEC in head to head bowl matchups since BCS has been in play...just using this stat to point out the gap is not as wide...not that the Big 10 is vastly superior...
Just a question. Where are you getting those stats from buckeye?
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

I went to cfbdatawarehouse.com and looked at every bowl year 1998 through 2006...I may have missed 1 or 2 perhaps...
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

M Club wrote:sorry, insecurity also takes the form of calling people on message boards an asshole. you're pissed about something i wrote, which means you're insecure.
No...you're an asshole because of your hypocrisy and you're just an asshole.

Shoe fits.....

War Stoops
Elwood

Post by War Stoops »

I stand corrected. Bring on West Virginia.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

T REX wrote:
M Club wrote:sorry, insecurity also takes the form of calling people on message boards an asshole. you're pissed about something i wrote, which means you're insecure.
No...you're an asshole because of your hypocrisy and you're just an asshole.

Shoe fits.....
alright "if you only knew," lay out my hypocrisy for me. waiting, princess.

and while you're at it:
T REX wrote:Who said there is a huge gap?

I have said several times that the Pac 10 is a close second.

Bottom line....there's a gap....insecure assholes.....
lay out that gap for all of us. make sure to demonstrate the wide chasm between the sec/pac10 and everyone else. it must be wide considering ucla just missed winning one of your power conferences. i'm also curious to see how a conference that sends eight of its 11 schools to bowl games is so much worse than a conference that sends 9 of its 12. i'm sure most of the big ten bids are b/c of fluff scheduling.

also explain how in a year when parity has never been more obvious that it doesn't exist between the conferences. rationale arguments, if you're capable.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

M Club wrote: lay out that gap for all of us. make sure to demonstrate the wide chasm
Again, you non-reading bastard....who said wide? Who said huge? It was never I......just another person that got it from no where. You added the huge gap yourself. I never said it was the SEC and everybody else sucks. I did say the Big ten was very weak.

Why am I bothering? I'm not.....move on dude and prepare for the beatdown of the century.

Sky
It stinks like sex in here

Post by Sky »

From Sporting News:

Most overrated game: BCS national championship game, Ohio State vs. LSU. Look, I can't get excited about a team that lost to two average SEC teams -- one at home -- and a coach who says his team is undefeated in "regulation."

That's like me saying I should've been valedictorian in college, but apparently, they count calculus, physics, economics and sports journalism classes. Then there's Ohio State. What do we know about the Bucks? They lost one game in regulation.
"Rest easy Woody, the new man has arrived."
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

M Club wrote:
88 wrote:There is talk that poll voters are going to advance LSU past Virginia Tech, Kansas, Georgia, West Virginia, Missouri and Ohio State to insure that LSU makes the BCS Championship. If that occurs, then I think the games would look like this:
which is total horseshite. aside from the obvious, polls are supposed to reflect the pecking order at any given moment, and a poll taken at the end of the year will be more accurate than one taken after two weeks of sec home games. but what happens is we get to the end of the year and everyone votes according to the game they want to see. lsu from #7 to #2? if that's the case they should've dropped to #4 after their last loss. what, the geniuses who vote for the bcs participants couldn't have anticipated the arguments we're having now about who's the best two-loss team?

Well, that and their whiny coaches lobbied hard to have them moved up.

“Undefeated in regulation.” tOSU should fix that for them.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim