So why doesn't NASCAR do something

Please donate to the War Wagon memorial A/C fund.

Moderator: War Wagon

The Seer
Just the Facts

So why doesn't NASCAR do something

Post by The Seer »

to fill in these months.

Golf calls their off season events the "silly season" - skin games, etc.

A little marketing knowhow and think of the possibilities....

1. Take the 10 most popular drivers and let them have at it at favored ovals with money going
only to the top 3 finishers...

2. Let some of the feuds that developed during the season be settled by having a match
race between the 2 feuders...

3. Bring in drivers from Formula 1, Nextel Cup, Busch, midgets, etc. etc. to race against each
other on a modified track....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or, do nothing, and keep the off season off.

Nascar should hope that some team other than Hendrick competes for the title....or that Dodge wins a least 1 race....or that 88 wins...
E UNUM PLURIBUS
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Dude, they pretty much already race from February thru November with about two months downtime in between that's filled with testing, fine tuning, etc. for next year.

They deserve a break, and quite frankly, so do I.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

War Wagon wrote:They deserve a break, and quite frankly, so do I.
Until they get smart enough to stop going head to head against the NFL un Sundays, they might just as well end the season in August. I'll DVR the races, but you'll never pry me away from the NFL to watch a race live. Especially if there's a Steelers game involved.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

BSmack wrote:
War Wagon wrote:They deserve a break, and quite frankly, so do I.
Until they get smart enough to stop going head to head against the NFL un Sundays, they might just as well end the season in August. I'll DVR the races, but you'll never pry me away from the NFL to watch a race live. Especially if there's a Steelers game involved.
Except for last night. I’d have watched a Formula One rerun before I watched that abortion. Fortunately, Ovation TV was showing some Chuck Berry documentary/60th anniversary film last night, and I flipped over to that.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Goober McTuber wrote:
BSmack wrote:Until they get smart enough to stop going head to head against the NFL un Sundays, they might just as well end the season in August. I'll DVR the races, but you'll never pry me away from the NFL to watch a race live. Especially if there's a Steelers game involved.
Except for last night. I’d have watched a Formula One rerun before I watched that abortion. Fortunately, Ovation TV was showing some commercials with an occasional mention of a Chuck Berry documentary/60th anniversary film last night, and I flipped over to that.
FTFY.

I love the stuff on Ovation. But not live. It has to be DVR with Ovation because they play WAY too damn many commercials. Ovation makes an NFL game look like a PBS broadcast.

Agreed on the Steelers game. Only a die hard could have made it through to the end. Count me IN on that score.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown