PROPS!

Please donate to the War Wagon memorial A/C fund.

Moderator: War Wagon

Qbert

PROPS!

Post by Qbert »

Props to Jimmy Johnson.....Chad Knaus....Rick Hendrick....and all of their "family."

Great Job on the "back to back."
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Fuck 'em all.

Never thought I'd feel this way, but I honestly don't give a shit about NASCAR anymore. They've ruined it for the longtime, hardcore fans as far as I'm concerned.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

War Wagon wrote:Fuck 'em all.

Never thought I'd feel this way, but I honestly don't give a shit about NASCAR anymore. They've ruined it for the longtime, hardcore fans as far as I'm concerned.
Would you be happier under the old system, which would have given Jeff Gordon 2 more titles?

I am probably a newer fan to NASCAR than most of you who post here. I'm not sure how I feel about the chase even a few years in. I certainly see the pros of having more suspense down to the Homestead race, but you could potentially be crowning a champion for what he does over the last 10 races even if he did shit over the first 26.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
packwin13
Elwood

Post by packwin13 »

While I still give a shit, I honestly didn't watch more than a handful of laps over the past 5-6 races. Here's hoping 2008 brings a better Chase than 2007 did!
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Yeah, because it’s been a coon’s age since the title was won by a redneck southern halfwit.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

MuchoBulls wrote:

Would you be happier under the old system, which would have given Jeff Gordon 2 more titles?

I am probably a newer fan to NASCAR than most of you who post here. I'm not sure how I feel about the chase even a few years in. I certainly see the pros of having more suspense down to the Homestead race, but you could potentially be crowning a champion for what he does over the last 10 races even if he did shit over the first 26.
There was no more suspense for this final race than if there had been a season long points race like the old days. Johnson would have been a deserving champion under either format. 10 wins in one season is a historic level of achievement. There's no doubt in my mind that had they been racing under the old rules, Johnson would have done what he needed to do to win the title. Rack him and give him his props. He's the best racer in NASCAR. And let's look forward to next year when Junior will be running with Hendrick and will have no more excuses for failing to live up to the hype. The resulting Wags meltage ought to be nothing short of epic.

That being said, the chase is bullshit, What they need to do is let drivers throw out their 5 worst finishes, award points only to the top 30 finishers and lap leaders, and give 30 bonus points for each win. If you want to hype it up, then double the bonus points for winners during the last 10 weeks.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Agreed....and now that NASCAR allowed fucking Toyota into their deal I could care even LESS about them. NHRA drag racing will ALWAYS take priority to me over any other form of motorsports.
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

BSmack wrote:And let's look forward to next year when Junior will be running with Hendrick and will have no more excuses for failing to live up to the hype. The resulting Wags meltage ought to be nothing short of epic.
Like I'd care how Jr. does with Hendrick. Well, maybe I do. I hope the backstabbing traitor flames out in spectacular fashion, right along with the whole Hendrick team. I'd enjoy that.
What they need to do is let drivers throw out their 5 worst finishes, award points only to the top 30 finishers and lap leaders, and give 30 bonus points for each win. If you want to hype it up, then double the bonus points for winners during the last 10 weeks.
Give mulligans in racing? Why, that's just about the most ridiculous idea ever.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

War Wagon wrote:Like I'd care how Jr. does with Hendrick. Well, maybe I do. I hope the backstabbing traitor flames out in spectacular fashion, right along with the whole Hendrick team. I'd enjoy that.
Oh this is going to be better than I thought. Feel the hate Wags, It makes you stronger!

:lol:
Give mulligans in racing? Why, that's just about the most ridiculous idea ever.
Nah, far batter to have a bunch of fucked up and non competitive cars clogging up the track during the last 50 laps of every race doing nothing but burning laps to get points. If you're going to place a real value on winning races, then you need to also provide the caveat that if you're selling out to win races, you get the ability to wash out a few of your worst performances. It also takes a little bit of the bad luck element out of racing in that a guy who gets punch into the wall by JPM or who get's a seagull sucked into his fanbelt doesn't automaticly take a huge backseat in the point race based on 1 or 2 horrible and out of character finishes.

But hey, what are you worried about? NASCAR will never do anything that minimizes the amount of time all the cars are on the track, no matter how fucked up and non competitive said cars are.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

I can’t wait to see the meltage when KIA fields a NASCAR team.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Goober McTuber wrote:I can’t wait to see the meltage when KIA fields a NASCAR team.
You would you fucking Communist.
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

So Wags, who's your boy now? You going to jump on the Assholevick bandwaggon? Or is Truex more your style?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

KH has been my boy from the day RCR saw fit to put him in the seat of the Goodwrench Chevy. That guy has stones almost as big as the #3 had, and quite frankly, I don't believe they could have found a better fit to take over that ride.

Truex reminds me too much of Steve Park, but he's got a chance to be a top driver now that he's out of the shadow of Jr.

But the real up and comer is Clint Bowyer. Look out for this guy. He used to race at one of the local dirt tracks near here, Lakeside Speedway. Nothing like seeing a guy who used to race for a $500 winner's check now compete at the highest level of stock car racing.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

I should have figured you would be all over Bowyer. He's a certified neck, his car endorses alcohol and he races for Childress. I'm sorry for even asking the question. :oops:

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown