#1 prep RB headed to CU?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

#1 prep RB headed to CU?

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

It's far from a verbal, but it sounds promising...
The Boulder Daily Camera wrote:CU has advantage in luring top tailback recruit Scott

By Kyle Ringo (Contact)
Sunday, November 4, 2007

The best news Saturday for the Colorado football program came from one of its recruits.

Darrell Scott, the No. 1-ranked tailback recruit in the nation, visited Saturday from California and didn't immediately run for the airport after watching Missouri soundly defeat the Buffs 55-10. In fact, Scott acknowledged CU is solidly in the lead to earn his signature on national signing day in the first week of February.

A family tie is working to CU's advantage.

Scott's uncle is CU true freshman wide receiver Josh Smith. The two played on the same team a year ago and Scott said he would like to be reunited with Smith.

"Family comes first," Scott said. "It is a big deal. It's weird cause I really do want to play with him. Colorado has an advantage over everybody else with that."

Scott said CU coaches told him he will have a good chance at earning the starting job at CU as a true freshman next season if chooses to play in Boulder. He said coaches have emphasized that he will have to work for that job.

"I'm willing to work for anything," he said.

Scott has four more official visits to make and said he might wait until signing day to announce his decision. He said he also could make a decision at the Army All-American game in January.

He said he plans to visit Louisiana State and Florida for sure and will schedule two more visits in the near future. Scott was also impressed with Missouri on Saturday and referred to the Tigers as "a team of giants."

Overall, Scott said he was impressed with Colorado, despite the way the Buffs played.

"I'm coming in with an open mind, trying to see how this university is and I like it so far," Scott said. "They had a tough game, but it comes with the territory. They're a rebuilding program. They're trying to get back to where they were in 1990."
"Keys, woman!"
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

I know Texas is recruiting him but if we can't get him I hope you do, anything to bring the north on even keel with the South.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Vito Corleone wrote:I know Texas is recruiting him but if we can't get him I hope you do, anything to bring the north on even keel with the South.
you mean like this season?

Other than OU, noone in South is worth a fuck.

NOONE
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Talk shit now. It won't be long until the real MU shows up.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Vito Corleone wrote:anything to bring the north on even keel with the South.
:lol:

You'd be the third best team in the state of Kansas.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

If he doesn't Committ to an SEC school he suddenly becomes slower and not so good.

Sincerely,

SEC nation

(this comes from everyone who says the SEC has too much speed)...I always counter with what Ted Ginn suddenly got slower because he went to tOSU?

just sayin
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Good for CU. They were supposed to have a JUCO-stud, Gates, at rb this year but he couldn't make grades. Might have made a difference this year. Hawkins isn't working with much now. He needs some blue-chips.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Harvdog wrote:Talk shit now. It won't be long until the real MU shows up.
your the one talking shit, dumb fuck
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Too bad for you the real texass already did...
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

This kid is a head case of major proportions. Led his team to two straight CIf championship games, then transfers to another school because a lot of his O-Line left. The people at his previous school were upset because they lost a hell of a talent but not too upset because the kid and his folks are whack......
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Danimal wrote:Good for CU. They were supposed to have a JUCO-stud, Gates, at rb this year but he couldn't make grades. Might have made a difference this year. Hawkins isn't working with much now. He needs some blue-chips.
Already have a verbal from #4 ranked LB Jon Major too, which should help on the other side of the ball. They're also recruiting one of the top safeties.

If we could land Scott, it would be a major coup. I could definitely see him starting next year, since Charles and Ellis are both graduating and Sumler doesn't appear to be a full-time back. Hopefully we can nab some decommits too after the firings at Nebraska and (presumably) UCLA & aTm. This may have the potential to be a top 10 class if everything falls into place.
"Keys, woman!"
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

they need to go after thugsker recruits, they are flipping every hour.

and that 4 star lineman from colorado is still waivering. He visited MU, but he's up for grabs.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:I
(this comes from everyone who says the SEC has too much speed)...I always counter with what Ted Ginn suddenly got slower because he went to tOSU?
No but he did get slower after the retards he played with tackled him after the Kickoff Return TD.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Adelpiero wrote:
Vito Corleone wrote:I know Texas is recruiting him but if we can't get him I hope you do, anything to bring the north on even keel with the South.
you mean like this season?

Other than OU, noone in South is worth a fuck.

NOONE
I agree.

Other than OU, no one in the Big XII is worth a fuck.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Adelpiero wrote:
How am I talking shit? You keep running your flapper about MU. You have had 1 decent season in 30 years. Congrats. After you lose Chase Daniel it will be back to the same old 5-7 win season in Columbia. Hey, there is always basketball season......maybe you can score another up and coming Duke assistant to bring your program back to .500 for thie decade.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Harvdog wrote:
Adelpiero wrote:
How am I talking shit? You keep running your flapper about MU. You have had 1 decent season in 30 years. Congrats. After you lose Chase Daniel it will be back to the same old 5-7 win season in Columbia. Hey, there is always basketball season......maybe you can score another up and coming Duke assistant to bring your program back to .500 for thie decade.
basketball smack? Are you serious?

MU will be fine with Chase ,and fine when he leaves. His replacements will be able to take the keys and continue being a contender for Big12N and Big12 Title game yearly. But thanx for your concern
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Darrell Scott is an outstanding HS back. I think Colorado has the advantage b/c he has family there but UF and FSU are still trying like hell to get him as well.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Well he and Josh came to Cali from Fla so who knows......
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

word on the street in Boulder, FWIW: Scott is a Buff "soft commit" after his visit last weekend (a 55-10 asskicking by Mizzou).

i'm still not sold on Hawk's staff or his gameday coaching (he needs to realize sometimes "conventional wisdom" may be boring to a guy who quotes Yoda and Lao-Tzu on his blog but is sometimes the thing to do for a reason)....but landing Scott, keeping Major at home, beating Oklahoma as a horse he can beat to death on the recruiting trail, and going to a bowl would make this about as good a season a a Buff could have expected IMO.

still got to beat ISU in Ames today. NU in Boulder is looking like a W (barring the Bugeaters rising to win the last one for Callahan, ?). 7 wins going into a bowl would be a big lift for the program and stake a claim that CU is ready to compete with Mizzou and KU in the "new" North.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"