Congrats Boston....and fuck you FOX

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Indeed, congrats, but what is with the Sox wearing goggles for the victory celebration? Wimpy.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

yeah, gogles are pretty weak, take that money shot to the face like a man.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

R-Jack makes an intelligent statement!! (ARCHIVE!!!)

Did you hear Peter Gammons take on A-Rod. (MY restatment of What Peter G. had to say below)

He was disgusted that A-Rod would deliver this news during the final game of the World Series.

"A-Rod had 10 days AFTER the World Series to make the decision, but no, he has to get his name involved during the World Series, which he has never been to. Seems like a low class thing to do. I guess the only way that anyone will mention Alex's name during the World Series, is if he makes some incredible statement during the World Series because he won't be playing in one. Any team that is thinking of signing him will have to expect this, me first attitude from him. I am disgusted!!"

and one more thing.......

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

What was up with Bruce Springsteen covering the old Tommy Tutone classic 867-5309 to close out the Fox coverage? There was one problem, he went and changed the words to some kind of unintelligible gibberish. I say if you're going to cover 867-5309, just keep the original words.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Jack wrote:R-Jack makes an intelligent statement!! (ARCHIVE!!!)
Shut. The. Fuck. Up. Moron.

If I could make R-Jack's first paragraph my sig, I would.

All you need to say, is something along these lines: "Rack R-Jack."

Or, "RACK R-Jack."

Or even, "RACK the FUCK out of R-Jack."

No additional comment is required, much less pictures.

Get it?

God damn, you make our resident psycho, LTS, look brilliant. You are that retarded.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

Society as a whole can do without another replay of Radio Fan giving R-Jack the shocker.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Re: Congrats Boston....and fuck you FOX

Post by Mister Bushice »

R-Jack wrote: keep your play by play agenda whittled down the the only two teams that fucking matter at this point by virtue of being the last two standing.
I'm having a little trouble seeing a balance here. I'm not really sure the rockies ever mattered.

Boston Red Sox $ 143,026,214 4-0
Colorado Rockies $ 54,424,000 0-4

But RACK the Sox for maintaining statistical bode of the top tier teams in the post season the last decade. If the Yank-mees hadn't fucked up a couple of times the payroll giants could have run the table.

When the bottom 5 teams combined payroll does not equal the yankees payroll, and the top 10% of the leagues teams combined payroll is more than the bottom 33%, winnahs are statistically predictable.

And I'd clean yankmee house, too. Embarassing.

Fuck. They can't even BUY a ring.
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

There is, without doubt, a lack of financial balance in the MLB and it would have been very embarassing, if the Red Sox had been beaten by a team with a little more than a third their payroll.

However, since 2000, other than the Red Sox, no other WS winner was in the top 10 in team salary.

My team, The Red Sox, won the World Series, but, IMO, that was a very anticlimactic World Series. I am glad we won but I would like stronger competition and to question whether we were going to win at least once during the series.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Props to the Sawks on their latest championship...

Let the countdown begin to the spring training!

I love hearing the media get their panties in a bunch over the timing of A-Rod's announcement. Shut up and report the news...sports doesn't revolve around them.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Jack wrote:Did you hear Peter Gammons take on A-Rod. (MY restatment of What Peter G. had to say below)

He was disgusted that A-Rod would deliver this news during the final game of the World Series.

"A-Rod had 10 days AFTER the World Series to make the decision, but no, he has to get his name involved during the World Series, which he has never been to. Seems like a low class thing to do. I guess the only way that anyone will mention Alex's name during the World Series, is if he makes some incredible statement during the World Series because he won't be playing in one. Any team that is thinking of signing him will have to expect this, me first attitude from him. I am disgusted!!"

A-Rod doesn't have follow the rules of the media, he can make that decision whenever he wanted. Is anyone really surprised that he'd opt out in the first place? So sorry the precious Red Sox achievement has to share headlines with something else. The Yankees are announcing their next manager today or tomorrow...was that too soon after the Sox won as well? Get over yourselves...
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

R-Jack wrote:.................did anyone who gives a fuck really need for you to deliver the earth shattering news about the A-Fraud taking the obvious steps to becoming a free agent? Was it then so vital to go on for the whole half inning talking about a regular season cherry picker and where he might end up?
Oh, lighten up, dude. What was Fox supposed to do, let TBS scoop them? Literally hundreds of people would have gotten that important news, probably several hours before the rest of the country if Fox had held back. What kind of credibility would the network have then?
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Shoalzie wrote:
Jack wrote:Did you hear Peter Gammons take on A-Rod. (MY restatment of What Peter G. had to say below)

A-Rod doesn't have follow the rules of the media, he can make that decision whenever he wanted. Is anyone really surprised that he'd opt out in the first place? So sorry the precious Red Sox achievement has to share headlines with something else. The Yankees are announcing their next manager today or tomorrow...was that too soon after the Sox won as well? Get over yourselves...

Actually Bud Selig and MLB have a morotorium on teams making announcements until after the World Series is over. A-Rod decided he was above that. It's cool. Having no effect on our celebration up here......
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Neely8 wrote:Actually Bud Selig and MLB have a morotorium on teams making announcements until after the World Series is over. A-Rod decided he was above that. It's cool. Having no effect on our celebration up here......
I didn't realize A-Rod was a major league franchise unto himself.

For all we know, Boras could have decided to make that announcement unilaterally. But frankly, I could care less. That series was such an anticlimax after the first two rounds, it needed some news from the outside.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

BSmack wrote:
Neely8 wrote:Actually Bud Selig and MLB have a morotorium on teams making announcements until after the World Series is over. A-Rod decided he was above that. It's cool. Having no effect on our celebration up here......
I didn't realize A-Rod was a major league franchise unto himself.

For all we know, Boras could have decided to make that announcement unilaterally. But frankly, I could care less. That series was such an anticlimax after the first two rounds, it needed some news from the outside.

Might as well be with his salary.....

He had until 10 days after the series ended to make the announcement. Kinda fishy that he chose to do it while the series was going on. Im sure it was Boras's call. We could care less up here though. Kinda busy celebrating another World Series win. Gotta go get my new hat.....
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Cuda wrote:Oh, lighten up, dude. What was Fox supposed to do, let TBS scoop them? Literally hundreds of people would have gotten that important news, probably several hours before the rest of the country if Fox had held back. What kind of credibility would the network have then?
Good point. They should have made the announcement through a "Simpsons" promo.

That's about how much "credibility" they have.

Shit, I'm surprised they didn't bring back "Scooter," just to make the announcement.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Pretty much lost interest in the WS and baseball in general after the first game of the series. Only watched bits and pieces of the next two. WGARA about anything A-hole does?

Congratulations to the Sox. They have great players up and down the lineup. That being said, fuck the Sox and fuck the Rockies for rolling over like scolded puppies.

Fuck FOX just for being FOX, and fuck Joe Buck for being a dick.

Hurry up April.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

RadioFan wrote:
Cuda wrote:Oh, lighten up, dude. What was Fox supposed to do, let TBS scoop them? Literally hundreds of people would have gotten that important news, probably several hours before the rest of the country if Fox had held back. What kind of credibility would the network have then?
Good point. They should have made the announcement through a "Simpsons" promo.

That's about how much "credibility" they have.

Shit, I'm surprised they didn't bring back "Scooter," just to make the announcement.
Sarcasm is totally lost on you isn't it?
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

Mikey wrote:Pretty much lost interest in the WS and baseball in general after the first game of the series. Only watched bits and pieces of the next two. WGARA about anything A-hole does?

Congratulations to the Sox. They have great players up and down the lineup. That being said, fuck the Sox and fuck the Rockies for rolling over like scolded puppies.

Fuck FOX just for being FOX, and fuck Joe Buck for being a dick.

Hurry up April.
RACK MIKEY!!

I agree with everything except .. fuck the Sox!

although I would take a guess that many posters in here already have fucked their socks!!!
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Rack the Blo Sux, and fuck the Yankmees.....let that bitch Pay-Rod go. Never liked him in pinstripes anyway.
Let him go be a cancer somewhere else.
Again, rack the Sox and the entire Beantown area.......Pats at 7-0, BC at #2, Celtics favored to probably win the East...times are good in Beantown.
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

R-Jack wrote:
Jack wrote:although I would take a guess that many posters in here already have fucked their socks!!!
No one fucks a sock you dolt. That's just the final destination of DNA with a higher IQ than you have ever displayed you dipshit.

Please. Go actually fuck a hiking sock. Be my guest.

Hey Angry Spinmeister,

That was a rhetorical statement, you didn't have to out yourself!!

Whether you admit to fucking a sock or "giving your DNA a final destination"...

You are fucking a damn sock!!

You damn Sock Fucker!!

Frank Rizzo
Yankee Fan

Post by Frank Rizzo »

Cross Traffic wrote:Indeed, congrats, but what is with the Sox wearing goggles for the victory celebration? Wimpy.
THTRE RED SOX AREA THE BIGGSETS FAGGOTA TEAM IN ALL OF SPTORTS