BC @ VT

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

i like vtech

BC will have troubles with their defense, and the vtech special teams will make big plays putting their anemic offense in short fields.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: BC @ VT

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Every once in awhile a "second-tier" football team lands a good recruiting class, and this often translates into a good season. See: Kansas State, Rutgers, Arizona St, etc. Tell me you knew? Should we downgrade teams that are having good seasons because they aren't perennially great? That makes no sense.

They're in the ACC, btw.

I don't think much analysis is necessary for this game. Thursday night road teams are doomed.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: BC @ VT

Post by War Wagon »

Jsc810 wrote:Is it time for another top 10 team to get beat tonight?
Being as how both are already in the Top 10, that'd be a safe assumption.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

For any SoCals who might be watching the game and then read this thread:

See that stuff falling in a vertical manner? Thats called "rain", also known as "free water", and it didn't have to be airlifted in.

Yes, I know that the concept of actual precipitation falling from the sky in an unbidden manner is a foreign one to you miserable fucks, but I just wanted to point out this bit of unfortunate irony.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

What's the score between Toejam's House and Wild Fire? I think the fire should burn that fucker to the ground and take it out. Nothing illegal though.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

vtechs QB is the suck
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Horrible call by the refs on the TD pass. Not only did he push off but he didnt have control of the ball as he was falling out of bounds.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:What's the score between Toejam's House and Wild Fire? I think the fire should burn that fucker to the ground and take it out. Nothing illegal though.
Rack.

The weather conditions favor VaTech by far. If they can avoid some of these assinine penalties, they should win this game.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Nice Oscar by the BC punter. Looks the the refs are going to make VaTech's defense play two games tonight. Jesus.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

Jsc810 wrote:Wow, nothing until the last two drives of the 4th quarter, 2 TDs, huge props to BC.
Agreed, but on that 3rd down with a 3 point lead, how you don't keep every WR and TE in front of you is just retarded.
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

FUCK.

Better to be lucky than good, I guess.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Both teams suck donkey dick and couldn't beat Nebraska. They should take the tape of that game and bury it under some mountain in Nevada.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Don't plan on it. Morelli ain't no Mike Robinson.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

BC will probably lose @ Clemson in a few weeks. Maryland on the road will also be a tough test for them.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Sudden Sam wrote:That was two very weak teams going at it. BC plays in a weak conference, plays a weak overall schedule and looked like shit for 58 minutes.

No way they should be ranked anywhere near the top. And that game should force them to drop in the rankings....but it won't.
BC is a passing team that runs the spread. They did not look like world beaters, but they went into a tough place to play period. Compile that with the fact it was raining the whole game and they were playing a top 10 team, the fact all the odds were in VaTech's favor they still pulled out a W.

This is a down year for ALL of CFB. I'd say their performance last night was good enough to warrant their ranking amongst their peers for now. Luckily, we have a whole season to play before those decisions are made.

And I sure hope you don't call these teams very weak because the score was 14-10. If the O/U for an SEC game is 20 or more, always bet the under.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

That was an eye sore of a game but brilliant job by Ryan rally the Eagles and save their season. With all the upsets...kind of cool to see one of the top ranked teams actually pull one out.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Jsc810 wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:That was two very weak teams going at it.
I gotta disagree with you on that one. BC went into a hostile environment, against a top 10 team, and won. Props to them.
And I disagree....Va Tech's schedule......

DATE OPPONENT RESULT/TIME
09/01 E Carolina W 17-7
09/08 at #2 LSU L 48-7
09/15 Ohio W 28-7
09/22 W & Mary W 44-3
09/29 UNC W 17-10
10/06 at #22 Clemson W 41-23
10/13 at Duke W 43-14
10/25 #2 BC L 14-10

The only decent team they have played they got absolutely obliterated....you should know this....(btw, this is NOT sec related)

BC's schedule.....

09/01 W Forest W 38-28
09/08 NC State W 37-17
09/15 at #15 Ga Tech W 24-10
09/22 Army W 37-17
09/29 UMass W 24-14
10/06 BGU W 55-24
10/13 at N Dame W 27-14
10/25 at #8 Va Tech W 14-10

Yes...undefeated but quality wins??????
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Not disagreeing with BC's strength (or lack thereof) of schedule, but I think the public's perception would be a lot different if that were Florida State or Miami ranked #2 instead of BC, even if the opponents were exactly the same. Just a thought.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Sudden Sam wrote:The rain definitely affected BC's passing game.

Yes... yes, it did.

Running a passing offense out of the spread gave BC a HUGE advantage during the rain and slick conditions...

tell me you knew?

Sin,
Ever wonder why Oregon, Oregon State, and UDub start busting out a whole new book of shorter passing plays at the advent of the Rainy Season?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

L45B wrote:Not disagreeing with BC's strength (or lack thereof) of schedule, but I think the public's perception would be a lot different if that were Florida State or Miami ranked #2 instead of BC, even if the opponents were exactly the same. Just a thought.
The ACC is weak this year......FSU and Miami are shells of their former programs. I feel UM will get back long before FSU.

Bobby really is running that program back to pre-bowden days....

Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

T REX wrote:The ACC is weak this year......FSU and Miami are shells of their former programs. I feel UM will get back long before FSU.

Bobby really is running that program back to pre-bowden days....
Not if Shannan keeps losing players from his recruiting classes like he is now
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Sudden Sam wrote:It would be a damn shame if BC gets to the BCS title game after playing their schedule: NC State, Army, Mass, Bowling Green. I admit that having Wake, Ga Tech, Notre Dame, Va Tech, FSU and Miami on the schedule should have been a tough lineup. But with the ACC (and ND) down, it ain't much of a run.
In fairness to BC, and I'm no fan of theirs by any stretch of the imagination, it should be noted that, at least from an historical standpoint, they got the toughest in-conference schedule that they could possibly get. Miami, Ga Tech and Va Tech are their three inter-divisional games this season. Of course, an argument could be made that Virginia should displace either Miami or Ga Tech this season.

As for their OOC schedule, I'll grant that it's weak, and the one team that looked respectable on paper entering the season is having a really down year. Also, the UMass game was closer than the final score indicated (BC got a late touchdown). But any team that runs the table in this day and age is going to have at least one ugly win.

I don't honestly think this is one of the two best teams in the country, but if they win out, they deserve a spot in the national championship game under the system we have in place now. In a way, I'm actually rooting for that to happen, since it may mean the demise of the BCS at long last.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

The system we have is SUPPOSED to pit the two best teams in a championship game. It is a matter of opinion and my opinion is that BC does not deserve to go whether undefeated or not. Their schedule probably won't break the top 20 in the country......

http://www.gberatings.com/sos/ - 92nd

http://teamrankings.com/ncf/27powerratings.php3 - 115th

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/polls/119 - 54th

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt05.htm - 22nd

Pretty weak.....

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Terry in Crapchester wrote:I don't honestly think this is one of the two best teams in the country, but if they win out, they deserve a spot in the national championship game under the system we have in place now.
Why is that? We've seen 1-loss teams in the BCS title game. There's nothing in the "system" that states the top 2 teams must run the table.

A 1-loss LSU team should be there over an undefeated BC team. I wouldn't even root for BC to make it there for the "chaos" factor, because...quite frankly, I don't think the powers that be will nudge one bit from their stance even if BC makes it. It would take a team much more "undeserving" than BC to bankrupt this system.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

e wrote:wouldn't someone have to have noticed and then cared before wondering about that?

You're right. PAC10 teams aren't interested in winning the championship, to the point opposing coaches don't even bother scouting other teams in-conference.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:I don't honestly think this is one of the two best teams in the country, but if they win out, they deserve a spot in the national championship game under the system we have in place now.
Why is that? We've seen 1-loss teams in the BCS title game. There's nothing in the "system" that states the top 2 teams must run the table.
We've seen 1-loss teams in the BCS title game before, and of course, there's nothing that states the top 2 teams must run the table. In fact, it's not uncommon that there aren't enough undefeated teams to go to the BCS title game.

But what we haven't yet seen is an undefeated team from a BCS conference passed over for the title game in favor of a 1-loss team. And I doubt we ever will.

At this point, we're down to Ohio State, BC, Arizona State and Kansas left as BCS unbeatens. I suppose it's possible that BC, even if they win out, could be leapfrogged by Arizona State or Kansas if one of those teams wins out. But I don't see anyone else leapfrogging BC if BC remains unbeaten.
A 1-loss LSU team should be there over an undefeated BC team.
No disagreement that LSU is the better team. But I don't see them going to the BCS title game over an undefeated BC team.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

In 99 Va Tech made it into the championship game with a sched definitely worse than BC's, they didn't beat one particularly good team. The 'skers deserved the shot more.

But if ASU or KU run the table they deserve to get in. KU will have to get by Mizzou and OU in there last two games. ASU will have to get by Oregon and USC. I don't see either of those things happening though.

BC still has FSU, Clemson, Miami, and Maryland left. I doubt through the season undefeated, their luck should run out.

If LSU can run the board I think they are in the championship game.

You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?