Can we all agree that Stephen McGee is not a D-1 QB?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Can we all agree that Stephen McGee is not a D-1 QB?

Post by Left Seater »

Don't get me wrong, that guy is tough as they come. The hits he takes and to then pop right up only to do it all over again is remarkable. However, he can't throw the ball much at all. I don't know if he still has problems after that injury, or if he is getting poor coaching, but he isn't getting it done at QB.

No doubt he is a team leader and people follow him, but maybe he could do it as a FB or as a wingback or TE. ATM just needs someone who can throw a ball. Hell, they haven't had that person since Bucky. A few have shown flashes, but that is it. Why the struggles at QB even over different coaches?

1-5 over the last 6 hurts no matter who the opponent is, but to Taco Tech? Hell, the only win was in an overtime game and three of the losses haven't even been competitive.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

in a option system he would work.

if he ran a system like West Virgnias, he might thrive, hell, their QB is horrid when he has to pass to win, so its not like he wouldnt be much worse.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

i think its more about coaching.

its like Brad Smith under Pinkel, he forced him to be a pocket passer, it wasnt his strength, he was a runner, the team and him struggled offensively when he was forced to pass.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Speaking of Taco Tech, I wonder if Leach would be interested in NU. If Osborne and him could come-together on a quality D-staff the sky could be the limit. I doubt he this would happen but I wonder.

As far as McGee goes Neb has to load the box lik a muther against ATM and try to force McGee to make throws. The trouble is we have tackled like old people screw, we will have to tackle to force ATM into those 3rd and longs.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
War Stoops
Elwood

Post by War Stoops »

How about Leach and Mike Stoops at NU? Rumor is, Leach wants M. Stoops as his D coordinator at Tech. When...er...if he gets fired.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Lefty,

McGee is an enigma to say the least. He came in to A&M as a record passer. For once, Adel and I agree on something. Coaching. Has to be it. McGee has weapons in the running game. He doesn't have much as far as receivers goes. Who knows how good Martellus really is? He has not been utilized at all. I'm not sure who McGee was throwing to in high school but they were catching the ball and scoring TDs. Not been the case the last couple of years.

As for D1 QB, Adel hit it on the head again. Option offense he is about as good as they come. That just doesn't work anymore though unless you have a defense that can put up some stops...and I don't mean 1 or 2 a game.

It has been a dissapointing season nonetheless. Fran was sopposed to bring back the pass and he's just buried it. Now it is time to bury him.

Granted, we are still tied for first in the XII South. I'm not giving up hope until it is mathmatecially impossible to win it. We surely have an uphill battle from this point on. In any case, McGee isn't the goat in my book. He is running the plays that are called.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

IndyFrisco wrote:I'm not sure who McGee was throwing to in high school
Jordan Shipley
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

War Stoops wrote:How about Leach and Mike Stoops at NU? Rumor is, Leach wants M. Stoops as his D coordinator at Tech. When...er...if he gets fired.

I thought Mike wasn't looking to coach against Bob. But if Leach could lure Mike things would get very interesting. Taco would not-only have coaching but they could start getting a whole different level of recruit on defense, may even help recruiting on O since it would give the impression that Tech can go from 8-4 stat-monster to legit contender for the 12-crown.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?