New TV

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

ElTaco
Networking Securely

New TV

Post by ElTaco »

Ok so I was a little late coming to the HDTV revolution. Emberassing I know! So much so in fact that while I kept holding onto my Sony Wega 27" CRT (admitedly one of the best CRTs ever sold), my own parents managed to go out and buy a 52" and 40" inch LCD for their place.

Finally, last night I found a deal I just couldn't give up. Now I rent so I don't have to out fit my living room or any such place (my roommate already has a 40" LCD in the living room) but my 21" crt in my bed room just wasn't acceptable. As a result, I decided to pick up a 32" MAG LCD TV. I figure I can combine this with My PC. Finally I will use my PC and the new TV as a combination multimedia system that will be able to stream music, videos, and HD content to me, any where in the world. Yes you heard it.

Here is how I'm gonna do it. A while back I built a PC with 800gb of space and a TV tuner (dual) card. It runs Windows XP on it and with a little help, should allow me to set it up to capture regular cable and hd content. Of course it already has all of my ~100gb media content on it. I will use Orb 2.0 to take care of the video capturing and allow me online access. The nice thing is that my phone will be able to remotely connect and watch TV. Even better, when my phoen can work as a modem, my laptop will be able to connect with an even bigger screen. Of course with a wireless keyboard, mouse and joystick, I'll also be able to enjoy PC games, and My WII will take care of the console games on the new TV.

Talk about entertainment!