The Big 12 just sucks

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

txangler74
Elwood

The Big 12 just sucks

Post by txangler74 »

Except for OU and if I was a OU fan I would be worried about the next two months of playing very average or worse teams. Sorry to beat down everyone with such a average or worse post but thats about all that can be said for the Big 12 except for OU right now.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

dennis fran and gary pinkel are the biggest incompetent coaches in the game.

atleast aTm fan will have a chance to rid themselves of Dennis Fran, MU fans won't.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Is karma biting Fran in the ass for the way he did his Bama players? Dude was money at TCU and Bama. Now he is the epitome of mediocrity, you could find a ton of coaches that could do better at a place like ATM. When you are the only thing on tv you might want to play a little better Fran.

Possible next stop for Bo Pelini?
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Danimal wrote:Is karma biting Fran in the ass for the way he did his Bama players? Dude was money at TCU and Bama. Now he is the epitome of mediocrity, you could find a ton of coaches that could do better at a place like ATM. When you are the only thing on tv you might want to play a little better Fran.

Possible next stop for Bo Pelini?
i almost started a thread titled "what happened to dennis franchione?". he won 10 games at Bama (with DuBose's players, i guess) and the Tide team he brought to Norman in 01 and his 04 Aggie team showed lots of trick plays and inventive situational calls to really give OU all they could handle....all of which seemed to reflect "good and imaginative coaching" predicated on discipline and fundamentals.

now, his teams are sloppy and at best schizo. the Darnell hire seemed like a dumb move from the get go, even though almost anyone is better than Torbush. they are bad on D.

they are gonna see 8-9 man fronts until they prove they can beat it. Miami had the athletes to not get pushed around on the LOS and ATM was done. and down two scores with that O is overs-ville when your D can't get off the field on 3rd down, and Miami (Kyle Wright) is 12-14 in the first half.

Miami scored 23 points against Fla International last week. ouch.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Absolute horrible playcalling by Fran and his staff last night. Down 31-0 with six minutes to go in the 3rd quarter and its 4th and 5 on Miami's 44 yardline. He punts. What. The. Fuck.

Also, Martellus Bennett is one of the most talented TEs in the nation and the fact that he only has 17 catches through 4 games is laughable. This guy should be getting at least 8 catches a contest. He is so big, strong, and fast that it takes 3 guys to bring him down every time he touches the ball. Last night, he caught a 2 yard pass, but the Aggies needed 7 in order to get the first down. Dude carried 3 tacklers 4 yards to come up just one yard shy of the first, but most other players would have maybe extended that reception to one more yard. Bennett needs to be featured more in Fran's offense.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

That's what I was thinking.

Rack Miami. They dominated the game far beyond the score. I like coach Shannon, saw a story on him this off-season. I think he's a quality man and solid coach. Has the ThugU image on its way out. Good for him.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Jsc810 wrote:Y'all not giving enough props to the Miami players and coaches.
Agreed. You will find that Randy Shannon is going to turn out to be a decent head coach and great recruiter. Once South Floridas borders are shut down, miami is going to haul on recruiting. He is a fiery guy. He was on my short list after Urban.

Bo Pelini will be the next head coach at LSU if Miles leaves.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

I don't want to take anything away from Miami, but aTm's offense looks old-fasioned.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Re: The Big 12 just sucks

Post by SunCoastSooner »

txangler74 wrote:Except for OU and if I was a OU fan I would be worried about the next two months of playing very average or worse teams. Sorry to beat down everyone with such a average or worse post but thats about all that can be said for the Big 12 except for OU right now.
It does sort of worry me. I am more worried about not worrying about a game on the schedule. Every team needs to be tested to find out what it is made of but I just don't see it for us right now. :x
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

T REX wrote:
Agreed. You will find that Randy Shannon is going to turn out to be a decent head coach and great recruiter. Once South Floridas borders are shut down, miami is going to haul on recruiting. He is a fiery guy. He was on my short list after Urban.

Ya if Miles leaves Bo would get it. But that is a big IF. I don't see Miles going NFL and even with Michigan-ties I'm not sure he leaves an established power in LSU to go there. Ya it could happen but I wouldn't consider the possibility strong. It wouldn't surprise me if Les uses this to pump-up his contract with LSU. I suspect Bo and Les would have a little behind-closed-doors meeting if offers from elsewhere become serious so Bo could make the most educated decision possible.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Danimal wrote:
T REX wrote:

Ya if Miles leaves Bo would get it. But that is a big IF. I don't see Miles going NFL and even with Michigan-ties I'm not sure he leaves an established power in LSU to go there. Ya it could happen but I wouldn't consider the possibility strong. It wouldn't surprise me if Les uses this to pump-up his contract with LSU. I suspect Bo and Les would have a little behind-closed-doors meeting if offers from elsewhere become serious so Bo could make the most educated decision possible.
I think Bo will be at A&M next year as the HC personally.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

RumpleForeskin wrote:I don't want to take anything away from Miami, but aTm's offense looks old-fasioned.

I'd take old fashioned......

Sincerely,

Uclafan
E UNUM PLURIBUS
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Re: The Big 12 just sucks

Post by King Crimson »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
txangler74 wrote:Except for OU and if I was a OU fan I would be worried about the next two months of playing very average or worse teams. Sorry to beat down everyone with such a average or worse post but thats about all that can be said for the Big 12 except for OU right now.
It does sort of worry me. I am more worried about not worrying about a game on the schedule. Every team needs to be tested to find out what it is made of but I just don't see it for us right now. :x
i could see the 2003 scenario all over again. no games into the 4th quarter all year (except maybe CU, but that's debatable) no answer for KSU when they punched back and it took OU 2+ quarters of football to remember they were a pretty good team in the Sugar Bowl against LSU....but, Chuck pulled the plug on kejuan jones at 1st and 10 on the LSU 12.....

that being said, i think Texas and Mizzou will present some problems. there's no such thing as a "sure" win in the Cotton Bowl. OU will be favored by a score, but UT will show up to play and are talented. i also think BRadford will come back to earth against a couple teams. and UT is likely one of them. it's not the gimme you read about on sooner boards. OSU will be playing for Gundy's job. At Tech, you never know.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
Danimal wrote:
T REX wrote: Agreed. You will find that Randy Shannon is going to turn out to be a decent head coach and great recruiter. Once South Floridas borders are shut down, miami is going to haul on recruiting. He is a fiery guy. He was on my short list after Urban.

I think Bo will be at A&M next year as the HC personally.
ATM is a great opportunity for any coach but it would also give Bo the opportunity to get a crack at Neb. He has no beef with Neb fans but he'd kill to embarrass Steve Pederson and his boy BC. Plus I'm sure Bo has recruiting-ties in Texas already established. That is why I threw that name out there. Ya on the off-hand chance Mich wants and tempts Miles then Bo would stay at LSU but the odds of that aren't good.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

if you trust their boards, ATM fans are still horny for Kubiak. but, the "keep it in the family"/the glorious past is the future thing is a wicked, evil mindset that usually takes some serious bottoming out to recover from.

I'll cite Blake at OU, but the list goes on and on....

if the Aggies are still at that stage they are at least 5+ years from returning to national relevance.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

If i'm a Michigan guy, i can't get real excited about Miles.

he beat Bob Stoops OU twice. that's his claim to fame. what else? he's got sick talent at LSU.

he plays fast and loose with some questionable characters. Gundy, for all his faults as a HC perhaps, to his credit ran off several of Miles' real bad actors at O State....first thing he did.

i don't see that working at a place like Michigan. no matter how much they want to win.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Just finished watching a wild finish between Taco Tech and OSU.

Final score -- OSU: 49, TT: 45

Tech had a chance to win the game with about 20 secs left, but Crabtree dropped a pass in the end zone.

Both defenses looked horrid.

End of report.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Also ... way to represent, Huskers. Outstanding.

:meds:
DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

^rack the avatar
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

DiT wrote:^rack the avatar
yeah, no shit. though, one favor to ask, RF. any way you can link us to a full-screen version of that rack? i'd love to put a copy of it up at my desk at work.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Here ya go ...

I think skully has some other ones of her somewhere ...
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

bwhahah! fucking awesome, dude. way to fucking go. god that rack looks good blown up.