Top 5 and bottom 5

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Top 5 and bottom 5

Post by War Wagon »

Since we already have perps proclaiming who the bestest and worstest teams are in the NFL, making playoff predictions, and generally being obnoxious, ignorant buffoons after just two weeks...

I reckon it's time to fire this annual rite of passage up. This topic is usually good for hysterical laughter by Week 10 as we base our rankings on last weeks results and the current flavors of the month.

So here goes.

AFC Top 5
1. Patsies - just crown 'em now, damnit
2. Clots - 2nd place is no disgrace
3. Blots - they went 14-2 last year - ask mv how much last year means, you goddamn braindead idiot!
4. Mules - just because Ratahan is a friggin' genius
5. Texicans - seriously feel good story of the year so far. Ask Rumps, he feels good

NFC Top 5
1. Cowsnatches - Romo for President!
2. Forty Whiners - somebody has to finish 2nd
3. Seabags - um yeah, ok
4. Deadskins - smoke and mirrors
5. Lions - Two and freaking zero, beyotches

I'll refrain from posting the bottom 5's for now. Need more inspiration.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Overall count ?

1 NE
2 IND
3 SD
4 DAL
5 PIT

28 OAK
29 BUF
30 PHI
31 KC
32 ATL
Go Bucs, Gators
upstart
Elwood

Post by upstart »

Top five

1) The Dynasty of this century
2) Indy
3)Bolts*
4) Steelers
5)Boys

worst

1) KC.
2)bills
3)the dogfighters
4)chokland
5) J.E.T.S: jets- jets- jets

* wimps
Three time Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Top 3

1. Pats
2. Colts
3. Steelers

Take any two of the next 3 to round out a top 5 list.

49ers
Texans
Broncos
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

War Wagon wrote:3. Blots
Bucmonkey wrote:3 SD

:meds:

Have you seen them play this year? Only a head coach as pitiful as Norv Turner can turn 14-2 into 9-7. What the fuck are you a-holes smoking?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Hey, it's my first stab, and mv assured me that last years record means so much, I thought I'd throw that bone in there just for him.

sigh... everyones a critic.

Ok, amended AFC ranking:

3. Pukers.

Happy now?
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Hydro....what you smokin?
Go Bucs, Gators
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

War Wagon wrote:Hey, it's my first stab, and mv assured me that last years record means so much, I thought I'd throw that bone in there just for him.
It doesn't mean everything, but it's generally a pretty good indicator. Especially if a given team hasn't made any significant changes to the roster. And when you're only 2 games into the season, it's the best set of facts to form an opinion from.

Of course you could argue "then keep your mouth shut until we see more football," but why log onto a sports forum if you don't have an opinion?
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

upstart wrote:1) The Dynasty of this century
There IS none....and FUCK whoever deleted my previous post on this.
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

RevLimiter wrote:FUCK whoever deleted my previous post on this.

I think PSU set up an auto-delete function whereby if the first keystrokes of any post come back as "CTL+V", then it's axed. Sorry.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

RevLimiter wrote:FUCK whoever deleted my previous post on this.
So much for that whole "and you can't do a FUCKING thing about it!" eh?
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Back on topic:

Top 5:
1. New England
2. Indy
3. Pittsburgh
4. Dallas
5. Denver

Bottom 5:
1. Atlanta
2. Kansas City
3. Giants
4. Dolphins
5. Raiders
See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

How in the world can anybody have the Broncos in their top 5?
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

See You Next Wednesday wrote:How in the world can anybody have the Broncos in their top 5?
good question.......

DF, explain yourself....
get out, get out while there's still time
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

1. New England - can anyone stop this team?
2. Dallas - that defense will get better and we already know how good the offense is
3. Indianapolis - the offense is great. The defense i am still not sold on
4. Pittsburgh - Until they play a worthy opponent, I can't rank them much higher at this point.
5. Green Bay - that defense is damn good. If the running game ever gets on track, then the offense will be just as good.

28. Kansas City - they showed some fight against Chicago. Their defense makes gives them this higher grade
29. Miami - this team is so bad. Trent Green was a terrible transaction
30. St Louis - WTF. What a bad start to promising season. Steven Jackson better realize he is Steven fucking Jackon
31. New York Jets - Eric Manginer is coaching his way out of a job.
32. Atlanta Falcons - Need I say more
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

RumpleForeskin wrote:32. Atlanta Falcons - Need I say more

What's cracking me up, is they went and spent money on a QB. I'm thinking they could have Bart Montana Unitas for a QB, and with the beating he'd take behind that "offensive line," he;d still be lucky to complete 40%.

Maybe they should have spent that cash on someone who understood the concept of "blocking"?

Vick didn't rack up those gaudy rushing numbers becuase he was some once-in-a-lifetime-talent... after a few seasons, he was just terrified to stay in the pocket. Give Joey or Lefty a couple of seasons of that, and they'll probably end up rushing for 1000, too, due to neccessity born of fear.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Felix wrote:
See You Next Wednesday wrote:How in the world can anybody have the Broncos in their top 5?
good question.......

DF, explain yourself....
Well its kind of a gut call. I think Cutler will continue to improve as a QB. After gutting out a couple of tough wins, it builds a little character knowing you can lead your team down the field in the clutch. Combine the growing confidence of a young quarterback with a solid running game and I think you have a top 5 team. It's not like any other team is a glaring top 5 team from what I've been watching. So thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

As for Dallas, I would say it might be a slight case of homerism, but not by much. Dallas' offense is pretty sick right now, and thats something Charger fan knows nothing about. Once we get some people back from injury on the defensive side of the ball, it will be a recipe for success. My pick of Dallas will be justified after marching into Soldier Field and spanking the defending NFC champs.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

RumpleForeskin wrote:5. Green Bay - that defense is damn good. If the running game ever gets on track, then the offense will be just as good.
I’m a Packer fan, and you’re an idiot. The running game will never get going this year with the collection of scrubs they’ve assembled. The passing game is only as good as Favre’s patience and judgment, and the receivers are not great.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

mvscal wrote:
DallasFanatic wrote:Dallas' offense is pretty sick right now, and thats something Charger fan knows nothing about.
The Chargers just led the league in scoring last year and have some of the best offensive skill position talent in the league.

The Cowflops have played nobody this year. The Chargers have faced two of the best defensive units in the league.
Wake up and smell the coffee mv. Pockface will destroy this team. See Washington and Oakland for further details.
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

What the fuck are you a-holes smoking?
Not smoking anything, but since you ask, Fentanol and Vicodin. Life is good right now. :D :D
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

DallasFanatic wrote: My pick of Dallas will be justified after marching into Soldier Field and spanking the defending NFC champs.

Testify, My Brutha!
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Goober McTuber wrote:I’m a Packer fan, and you’re an idiot. The running game will never get going this year with the collection of scrubs they’ve assembled. The passing game is only as good as Favre’s patience and judgment, and the receivers are not great.
Wynn should see more time after his performance on Sunday. Jackson just can't get it going. They have enough there to have a serviceable running game. I know this because the Texans were able to this last year with the services of Ron Dayne, Samkon Gado, and Wali Lundy. The Texans won 3 of their 6 games last year on just running the ball. The Pack have the same 3 headed monster when Morency comes back. I think the running game will improve IMO. Couple that with Favre being a bit more steady as a QB out on the field and Green Bay's offense will do enough to win ballgames.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

San Diego still seems like they should be second to only the Pats, but Norv Turner can fuck up a good thing. I'd put SD #3 on my original list, but I need to see better play out of the offense before I can throw them in my top 5. The Jets had much better success moving the ball than the Chargers did and that ain't good.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

Oh, the Texans did it last year, well, that cements it. Pack should be awesome.

Good fucking lord are you dumb.

Almost as stupid as your statement that the Texans win over the Colts should be the blueprint other teams use. Like nobody else knew about running on the Colts.

And just so you know, douchenozzle, nobody looks at game tape of the Texans last year unless they are trying to figure out how to audible into a sack!
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

RumpleForeskin wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:I’m a Packer fan, and you’re an idiot. The running game will never get going this year with the collection of scrubs they’ve assembled. The passing game is only as good as Favre’s patience and judgment, and the receivers are not great.
Wynn should see more time after his performance on Sunday. Jackson just can't get it going. They have enough there to have a serviceable running game. I know this because the Texans were able to this last year with the services of Ron Dayne, Samkon Gado, and Wali Lundy. The Texans won 3 of their 6 games last year on just running the ball. The Pack have the same 3 headed monster when Morency comes back. I think the running game will improve IMO. Couple that with Favre being a bit more steady as a QB out on the field and Green Bay's offense will do enough to win ballgames.
Wynn had one big run. Other than that it was 9 carries, 12 yards. Morency is not a feature back. They cannot win on Farve’s arm alone. He’ll start to get frustrated and then he’ll force passes which will become easy picks. We’ve seen it before.

They should have gone after Moss in the off-season, and they should have found a feature back once they decided the let Ahman Green go. Team should go 8-8.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Headjuice swallower wrote:Oh, the Texans did it last year, well, that cements it. Pack should be awesome.

Good fucking lord are you dumb.
Hey dumbfuck, do you know how to read and interpret a post? What I said was that the Texans had a similar running back by committee thing like the Packers have going this year. I never said Green Bay is a lot like the Texans in the 10 other facets of the team.

Put on some crocks and find an escalator.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

Do I know how to read and interpret a post? I sure do. I interpret everything you say as a myopic Texans fan who thinks the NFL starts and stops at their doorstop. completely retarded statements like...
that game plan worked well for the Texans last year en route to their first ever victory against the Colts late last season. Its possible other teams catch on to this"

Maybe other teams catch on to this? Like the Texans are ground breakers and the rest of the league is a bunch of mouth breathing retards.

Then we get brilliance like this...
"They have enough there to have a serviceable running game. I know this because the Texans were able to this last year"
And just when I thought you might pull your head out of your ass for a breath, you reach into the tard handbook and pull this out
Perhaps, you, Btard, and mv should logout for a few days and attend trolling 101 and then we can revisit things afterwards.
The every faithful, I'm not a tard... I was trolling.

Listen up, slappy. I understand your jeans are creamed that the Texas are 2-0. It shows in every post you make. But until they break off, oh I don't know... A .500 season at least once in franchise history nobody is going to give a rats ass about your interpretation of what they've done, are doing, or might ever do. They've been a fucking nightmare of a franchise. And until the list of meaningful Texans victories is longer than reasons why rump is a tard, expect nothing but blank stares when you bust off brilliance like " I know this because the Texans were able to this last year"

Believe me, no one is jealous of that extra chromosome you got when Grandpa fucked your mother!
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Incest smack, huh. It should be no surprise that originality was lost on you long before you stepped into a message board.

If I am so myopic as you indicated, then why are the the Texans NOT listed in my top 5, why did I pick them to lose Sunday's game against Carolina in ALL 3 of my pick'em games, why did I post this...
Overall, I don't see why it isn't a realistic goal for the Texans to finish 8-8 or 9-7 this season. It would be one more step forward in getting this team to the playoffs for the first time in the franchise's short history.
You are reaching, headpleaser. Why don't you go back and read all of my posts again. I have been far from myopic in my posts about the Texans and I RARELY use the Texans as an example when discussing other teams. In the Green Bay discussion, I felt it was appropiate and pretty much accurate as to what Green Bay faces this year with their running back tandom just like the 2006 Texans.

Now, are these really the arguements you have against me? Phone bills and a footlocker?

Go fuck yourself.

Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

RumpleForeskin wrote:Why don't you go back and read all of my posts again.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I have done nothing to deserve a punishment that extreme. Wasn't walking into a message board enough. It kind of smarted.

Keep swinging your purse, little fella. You're bound to make contact at some point.
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

I hear ya Rumple, keep it up.

I just took another Vicadon about 45 minutes ago also......
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

1. Patriots
2. Colts
3. Steelers
4. Cowboys
5. Packers

28. Bills
29. Jets
30. Giants
31. Saints
32. Falcons
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

That is TWICE now someone has picked the Packers.

Could someone point me to the NFL forum since this resembles more of a shit troll convention?

Newsflash, Shoalz, your team and my team both are better than Green Bay at virtually every single skill position on offense. Every one of them.

RACK HH dismantling Rumpleshitstain, btw. But the 'pokes still suck out loud, 'specially on defense. :lol:

1. Patriots
2. Steelers

3-32 everyone else so far with the Pokes, Texans, Colts, and Chargers having just a slight nose of lead among them.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

1. Patriots
2. Colts
3. Chargers
4. Steelers
5. Cowboys

5. Giants/Chiefs/Raiders/Saints
4. Jets
3. Bills
2. Jets
1. Falcons
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

rozy wrote:Newsflash, Shoalz, your team and my team both are better than Green Bay at virtually every single skill position on offense. Every one of them.

The Packers are better than the Lions because they actually have a defense...not just a front 4. I'd advice everyone to temper their views on the Lions because they are one major hit on Kitna away from being a team that probably isn't capable of winning a single game. They're 2-0 because they've beaten two of the worst teams in the NFL not because they're actually good.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

rozypalms wrote:Newsflash, Shoalz, your team and my team both are better than Green Bay at virtually every single skill position on offense. Every one of them.
Holy.

FUCK.

You did NOT just infer that Jon FUCKING Kitna is better than Brett Favre....DID YOU????

Simply one of the most IDIOTIC posts ever submitted on this board. PERIOD.
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Damn, you're easy. :lol: May I suggest english as a first language?
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Top Five
1. Denver Broncos
2. Detroit Lions
3. Houston Texans
4. Washington Racistskins
5. San Francisco 49ers

5(a). Mike Lupica

Bottom Five
32. Oakland Raiders
31. Philadelphia Eagles
30. Buffalo Bills
29. Miami Dolphins
28. NY Jets

KUTTER was run!
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

poptart wrote: KUTTER was run!
No shit.

Can't do one of these threads with-out remembering how seriously old KUT took to them. Flame war city.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Shoalzie wrote:
rozy wrote:Newsflash, Shoalz, your team and my team both are better than Green Bay at virtually every single skill position on offense. Every one of them.

The Packers are better than the Lions because they actually have a defense...not just a front 4. I'd advice everyone to temper their views on the Lions because they are one major hit on Kitna away from being a team that probably isn't capable of winning a single game. They're 2-0 because they've beaten two of the worst teams in the NFL not because they're actually good.
Good take Shoalzie. The Lions are improved no doubt, but any team is only as strong as its weakest link, and ineffective or inconsistent defense is a major weak link.
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

RumpleForeskin wrote: I felt it was appropiate and pretty much accurate as to what Green Bay faces this year with their running back tandom just like the 2006 Texans.

Ok, I thought I was done with you, but I just have to point out one thing

If you wanted to make a point about effective running back tandems I think I might start with, well I don't know. let's start with the Super Bowl champs. Addai and Rhodes combined for over 1700 yards. that's getting it done.

Last year both Super Bowl teams, 5 other playoff teams (Dallas, New England, New Orleans, San Diego and Seattle.) had tandems who rushed for more than 500 yds each.

Many of those teams 2nd rusher had higher totals than Houston's leading rusher. Ron Dayne had 612 yards last year. When the top two rushers on your team barely break 1000 yds combined, you STFU about them being a successful RB tandem.

You may now resume being a tard.