Coaches fired after season?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Coaches fired after season?

Post by Danimal »

Charlie Weise-Though there is no excuse for being this bad he'll get a one-year pass, especially with that contract. He'll stay

Lloyd Carr-Needs to beat tOSU more than ever, otherwise he is probably gone.

Phil Fullmer-Tenn doesn't cheat their asses off to just stay over .500, they are supposed to be a national power. I can see boosters calling for his head unless they really bring their game up.

Mike Gundy. Georgia-game wasn't impressive. Troy was an abomination. He'll have kick-ass in conference play to stay-around.

Pat Fitzgerald-Even at NW with Tyrell Sutton out you do not lose to freaking Duke in your own crib. Almost lost to a sorry Nevada-team the weak before. NW's standards aren't high but they still have some, gotta start playing better.

Tommy Tuberville-Auburn hasn't even hit the meat of their sched yet and they have two losses, looking at a .500 season. Chances are Tuberville gets the "one bad season" pass but down in the SEC you never know.

Bill Callahan-Unimpressive against Wake and USC. But just got a contract extension and our AD has practically staked his career on Callahan succeeding so he is fairly safe. Though a purge of assistants could definitely happen if our D doesn't improve.

Dan Hawkins-The rape-scandal recruit-classes left CU low on talent and Hawkins isn't a recruiting wiz himself. I think he gets one more year to right the ship as long as CU makes some progress over this season. They gotta start catching the damn ball, CU isn't good enough to overcome dropping td-passes.

Greg Robinson-Syracuse, just a very bad team. They are getting dominated by meh teams. Coach is only in his third year but he may not get a fourth if this keeps-up

I know there is a lot of ball left to play. I left folks out and there will be meltdowns later in the season. But I figured I'd get the ball rolling anyway.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

Karl Dorrell: If UCLA doesn't get to 9 wins. Based on what we saw last week, that looks like a tall task

Bill Doba: If WSU doesn't get to 7 wins. Based on how the defense is playing and how good the Pac-10 offenses are, that looks like a tall task.

Mike Bellotti: Yes Mike Bellotti. If he doesn't get to 9 wins. His team is playing lights out so they should get there if not 10 or 11. But if they implode again, and lose 4 of their last 9, look out.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Hey Q, I hear rumors that Mike Price wants to come back to Pullman. I always thought he was a good fit there, what are your opinions?
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

L45B wrote:Hey Q, I hear rumors that Mike Price wants to come back to Pullman. I always thought he was a good fit there, what are your opinions?
They'd roll out the Crimson and Grey carpet for him. It would be nice. Doba would need to "retire" though or demote himself back to coordinator or assistant. I don't think Price would come back if Doba was straight up canned against his will cause he was Price's assistant for 14 yeras or so.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Q, West Coast Style wrote:Mike Bellotti: Yes Mike Bellotti. If he doesn't get to 9 wins. His team is playing lights out so they should get there if not 10 or 11. But if they implode again, and lose 4 of their last 9, look out.

Uhm... Bellotti just got a 5 year extension, this year. One thing Bellotti has proven over and over, is that it doesn't matter how badly he shits the bed -- as long as he's the King of the Knight Suckups, he keeps his job (highest paid state employee in Oregon).
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Lloyd will leave on his own. He's been stting up his departure for a number of years. Might be this year, might be after next. A lot will depend on who's tapped as successor, their situation.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

I'd throw Mike Stoops and Phil Bennet in there also.
F-You man, I'll never go to Texas. I hated Texas from that point on.
-Eric Dickerson on his recruitment to the University of Texas
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

Bellotti will never be fired.

That's a completely different topic than whether he has done, or might do, something worthy of being fired (I would have sent him packing after '04), but Mike Bellotti will leave Oregon on his own terms, no matter what, either moving onto a new job, retiring, or taking an AD position.

Doesn't matter if we lose out from here.
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Dinsdale wrote:
Q, West Coast Style wrote:Mike Bellotti: Yes Mike Bellotti. If he doesn't get to 9 wins. His team is playing lights out so they should get there if not 10 or 11. But if they implode again, and lose 4 of their last 9, look out.

Uhm... Bellotti just got a 5 year extension, this year. One thing Bellotti has proven over and over, is that it doesn't matter how badly he shits the bed -- as long as he's the King of the Knight Suckups, he keeps his job (highest paid state employee in Oregon).
Very true, but can you IMAGINE what would happen if there was a repeat of last year? What if they get blown out by both Cal and USC AND piss away games to Eugene high school star Alex Brink and WSU and say then top it off with a loss to OSU at Autzen. Then get rolled by a MOuntain West team in a bowl game? Imagine how big the torch carrying mob would be? And there's plenty of cash lying arond that program to buy out any contract.

I'm actually optomistic about the Ducks finishing strong, but if they don't . . .
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Q, West Coast Style wrote:Eugene high school star Alex Brink

Sheldon High... but you knew that.

But if all that goes wrong, Bellottti will do the same thing as every other time he's laid an egg... blame the players, and walk away unscathed. Not sure how that works, but it's the way it is.

Now, if Bellotti were to say something negative about Knight in public... all bets are off. Buh-bye, Mikey.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

WolverineSteve wrote:Might be this year...
Please, please not this year.
...might be after next.
That has a much nicer ring to it.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i think Hawkins will recruit pretty well to CU and i bet he gets a top 20-30 type class next year (which is light years better than the 50-60 clunkers of Barney's last two classes, with huge weird personnel holes--no OLmen). barring a 1-11 or 2-10 repeat i think he's a sure thing for *at least* one more year (plus, i don't think CU can afford to fire him, the AD is strapped). people are disappointed here in Boulder but it's not by any means a hot seat. there are questions starting to surface about game day coaching, the assistants, etc--which is typical fan stuff. but i think most people are happy with the direction the AD is going post "scandal".

i'd guess CU wins 5 games this year and Buff fans face a long off-season "what iffing" about being bowl eligible....but no one is bringing the heat to Hawk and some tangible improvement placates most nay-sayers.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Phil Bennett could be a nice pick up for someone needing a new DC (hint, Bill Callahan).
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

King Crimson wrote:Phil Bennett could be a nice pick up for someone needing a new DC (hint, Bill Callahan).
To good to be true. Would be on my list of guys I'd like to see replace Cosgrove. Actually anyone would be better...you busy on Saturdays?
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Dinsdale wrote:
eugene hs? north or south? i'm partial to the highlanders myself.

todd christenson went to sheldon. remeber that fucker?
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

L45B wrote:
WolverineSteve wrote:Might be this year...
Please, please not this year.
...might be after next.
That has a much nicer ring to it.
sadist arsehole.
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Dinsdale wrote:

Yep. Same high school as Chris Miller (who now coaches at South Eugene). . . but you knew that.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

my mum's old b/friend [brother's dad] used to drive a limo on the side and ended up carting the miller wedding par-tay around. i somehow ended up with chris miller's boutonniere. i was all for collecting memorabillia back then, but i slapped my mum and told her never again. a fucking flower?
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

M Club wrote:my mum's old b/friend [brother's dad] used to drive a limo on the side and ended up carting the miller wedding par-tay around. i somehow ended up with chris miller's boutonniere. i was all for collecting memorabillia back then, but i slapped my mum and told her never again. a fucking flower?
Funny you remember C. Miller's wedding cause he probably doesn't.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

why, is he not married? i suppose the story's apocryphal and i can remove the pressed flower from the pages of my hello kitty diary.

edit: or might we be talking of concussions?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Q, West Coast Style wrote: Yep. Same high school as Chris Miller (who now coaches at South Eugene). . . but you knew that.
South Eugene... where Chris Miller appointed himself the BALCO of the school, and started distributing steroids to his players... but you knew that.

Chris -- we love you, bro, but you need to stop with the clowning.
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

M Club wrote:
edit: or might we be talking of concussions?
Dinsdale wrote:South Eugene... where Chris Miller appointed himself the BALCO of the school, and started distributing steroids to his players... but you knew that.
Oh yeah, those fruit smoothies he was peddling at his 6th Avenue "juice" bar.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

You forgot me, fading to end each season takes hard work.

sin,

Gary Pinkel
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Lloyd will be allowed to leave on his own terms.

Fulmer is gone if they lose 4+ games.

Croom will be let go after they win 3 games.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Yeah. "leave on his own terms." That's how they'll pitch it.

Ya.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Robert Bowden
Go Bucs, Gators
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Florida fans are such douche bags.

IMO, it's past Bobby's time, b/c he has nothing left to accomplish and FSU needs new blood. There are a lot of FSU fans who feel the same but Bobby and Joe leave when they want to.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Yeah. "leave on his own terms." That's how they'll pitch it.

Ya.
Seriously, you are the most bitter, inferiority complex, bad program rooting, mother fucker ever!!!

Let me put this as easy as I can..... Michigan is a MASSIVE program CFB-wise. State/wmu wouldn't understand. When we make a coaching change it influences the entire sport, not that wmu/sparty would fathom. Michigan is the winningest team in the history of the sport (wins/winning percentage), not that any Bronco or Spartan would get it. So for any fucking Sparty prick or wmu-honk to shovel any shit towards Michigan, I don't think so. Do I make fun of MSU hoops...hell no, and for Sparty to pile-on Michigan football is equally ludicrous. When and if UM choose to replace their coach they'll do it with class, not that MSUfan would follow. Lloyd will go down in UM history with his above 75% victories, a mark that can only be a wet dream in K-Zoo or East Lansing. My point is......Love your team (whomever you're aligning yourself with this week) more than you hate mine. Tall task I acknowledge, Statefan/WMUfan doesn't comprehend, but you should expend the energy toward the positive...by that I mean the team you want to win, and less toward hating the team that perennially outshines yours. It must be hard....I wouldn't know.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Adelpiero wrote:You forgot me, fading to end each season takes hard work.

sin,

Gary Pinkel
I thought you were too loaded for Pinkel to shoot you in the foot this year. heh heh

Considering how our d looked the last two weeks I like your chances of taking us in Columbia. But you've done that the last two times without taking the north. Like you said Pinkel's real test will be avoiding the late-season meltdown, especially against a team like CU looking to play spoiler.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Believe the Heupel wrote:CU's offense would have trouble outscoring Notre Dame.
Ya but every dog has it's day.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Mike Gundy - what a fucking tard. Dude has no idea how to gameplan.

Mike Stoops - I thought desert storm was suppose to be back down in Tucson. Guess not.

Phil Fulmer - Tennessee will not survive this year.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

WolverineSteve wrote:Seriously, you are the most bitter, inferiority complex, bad program rooting, mother fucker ever!!!

Let me put this as easy as I can..... Michigan is a MASSIVE program CFB-wise. State/wmu wouldn't understand. When we make a coaching change it influences the entire sport, not that wmu/sparty would fathom. Michigan is the winningest team in the history of the sport (wins/winning percentage), not that any Bronco or Spartan would get it. So for any fucking Sparty prick or wmu-honk to shovel any shit towards Michigan, I don't think so. Do I make fun of MSU hoops...hell no, and for Sparty to pile-on Michigan football is equally ludicrous. When and if UM choose to replace their coach they'll do it with class, not that MSUfan would follow. Lloyd will go down in UM history with his above 75% victories, a mark that can only be a wet dream in K-Zoo or East Lansing. My point is......Love your team (whomever you're aligning yourself with this week) more than you hate mine. Tall task I acknowledge, Statefan/WMUfan doesn't comprehend, but you should expend the energy toward the positive...by that I mean the team you want to win, and less toward hating the team that perennially outshines yours. It must be hard....I wouldn't know.
Whoa there pal, get off your freaking high horse, you self-important douchestain. I've never seen anyone get so bent out of shape from a little barb-exchanging amongst rival fans.

I'm not "bitter" towards anyone or anything, nor am I "shoveling" shit on Michigan's program. Even if I had no feelings at all about Michigan football, I still would have the opinion that Lloyd won't be leaving on his own terms. Don't like it? Tough shit. I think things have gotten to the point to which he'll be forcibly removed in some fashion. To Carr's credit, he isn't a quitter. But to Carr's discredit, he's also stubborn. I'm not sure he'll recognize that it's time to go. Will he be kicked to the curb? Of course not. I think it's entirely possible that it'll be pitched as Lloyd having left "on his own terms" if he does indeed get canned. If you're denying that this is out of the realm of possibilty, then your level of myopia is off the charts. Lloyd Carr isn't untouchable.

Yes, they will offer Lloyd a chance to leave with class. That's my whole point.

BTW, I don't know why you keep referencing WMU football to me. I don't give a fuck about the Broncos.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Believe the Heupel wrote:Gundy is safe, I think. He's T. Boone's guy.

Lloyd will be allowed to retire.
Yeah TBoone knows he can controll Mike and that is his main concern and why he didn't even attempt to pony up the cash to keep Less iles because he couldn't be controlled.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

You might add Franchione to the hot-seat list. They came a hair away from losing to Fresno at-home and now got worked on national tv by the same Miami team OU destroyed. This is year-5 for Fran. ATM was supposed to be a national power by now and they aren't even top25.

Mustang
Don Cherry

Post by Mustang »

Cornhusker wrote:
King Crimson wrote:Phil Bennett could be a nice pick up for someone needing a new DC (hint, Bill Callahan).
To good to be true. Would be on my list of guys I'd like to see replace Cosgrove. Actually anyone would be better...you busy on Saturdays?
Phil seems like a nice guy and is in a tough place to coach but simply hasn't gotten the job done at SMU. Hopefully all those 0-12, 1-11, 2-10, etc. seasons will be noticed by somebody in the athletic department. Ugh. I thought it was time to launch him a few years ago. From what I've heard, he was a very good assistant at K-State. It's time for him to be an assistant again.

And then there's A&M. I remember all the hootin' and hollerin' when Franchione was plucked from Alabama. Five years later, RC Slocum's teams are looking pretty damn good. Last night's effort at Miami was.......HORRIBLE. Need IndyFrisco's assessment here.....
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Mustang wrote: From what I've heard, he was a very good assistant at K-State. It's time for him to be an assistant again.
as a DC Bennett had some really physical, aggressive D's at KSU in 99 and 00 at least. I think 00 KSU was as good as any of Snyder's teams...even though Beasley got a bad rap and the Bishop team was maybe better. They were a legit top 5 team (but lost to OU twice). Bennett also (get ready for this) was a good to very good DC at OU under Blake. for as bad as they were as a team, the D was still pretty salty at times.
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Danimal wrote:

It wasn't easy getting down to her left knee, but WTF is happening with that leg?
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Cornhusker wrote:
Danimal wrote:

It wasn't easy getting down to her left knee, but WTF is happening with that leg?
The Air-brushers messed that one up big time.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Cornhusker wrote:It wasn't easy getting down to her left knee, but WTF is happening with that leg?
Wow, nice catch. I went straight to the ass, stared hard, then kept scrolling.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

When you bend a chick over a table or other such solid piece of furniture and you force her weight against it, it tends to dent the flesh in somewhat.

And I'm rather disappointed that I had to point this out, to be honest.