SECs OOC record

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

SECs OOC record

Post by SoCalTrjn »

saw on TV today that they were trying to pimp the SEC as having the best OOC record of all the conferences over the last 10 years and thought this was the most worthless stat I have ever seen on a college football show.
From 1997 through 2006 the SEC teams combined to play 384 OOC games, of those 384 OOC games only 54 were vs BCS teams and on the road, so lets not even look at the 330 "Gimmes" that the SEc teams played
Over those 54 games the SEC teams won 23 and the teams that did the best were Georgia who went 5-1, Vanderbilt who went 5-2 and Tenn who went 3-1.
Georgia had 4 wins @ Georgia Tech and 1 win @ Clemson
Vanderbilt had 3 wins @ Duke and 2 @ Wake Forest
Tenn had wins @ Syracuse, UCLA and Notre Dame

South Carolina was 0-6
Alabama was 0-2
Ole Miss was 0-2
Miss St was 0-2
Auburn was 1-2
Kentucky was 4-6
Florida was 2-4
Arkansas was 1-1
LSU was 2-2

Certainly doesnt seem to be the greatest conference in the nation, they just had 330 collective gimme wins over the last 10 seasons
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

SoCalTrjn wrote:Georgia had 4 wins @ Georgia Tech and 1 win @ Clemson
Vanderbilt had 3 wins @ Duke and 2 @ Wake Forest
Tenn had wins @ Syracuse, UCLA and Notre Dame
In fairness, the series you mentioned probably are all home-and-homes, so it's a little specious to call the SEC team's home game portion of that series a "gimme."

Btw, Florida-Florida State is an annual series. Without looking it up, I would venture a guess that the Gators have won at least one on the road during that time. ND also beat Tennessee in Knoxville in '04, btw.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Hey, some of those Pac 10 teams sure lit it up vs. national powerhouses like Idaho. :meds:
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

How much rent is the SEC paying for the space it is occupying in your dome, SoCal?
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

I saw that too SoCal and I had to laugh. The SEC teams arent the same on the road outside of the South.
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

Sudden Sam wrote:Ask Tennessee and Auburn about those west coast trips.

I hope Michigan's debacle Saturday will make some SEC ADs realize that you might as well play BCS schools as lower division teams. Let's see more of the Alabama-Oklahoma, Alabama-Penn State, Alabama-Notre Dame games. Screw Western Carolina.
Or we could just have a playoff system and let the little guys have a chance too.