Wolverine fans, who do you want as your next coach?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

T REX
Eternal Scobode

Wolverine fans, who do you want as your next coach?

Post by T REX »

I nominate Jerry Moore!

PS Urban is off limits.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: Wolverine fans, who do you want as your next coach?

Post by Shoalzie »

Les Miles has connections to Michigan since they're so afraid to think outside the box. Why not take Rodriguez away from West Virginia...they already stole their basketball.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

This is not a SEC dig...but why leave a top five program in LSU? Les has it made there for now.

JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

I'll offer up Mike Bellotti.

and if not him, please take Jeff Tedford.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

I nominate Urban, just for the apoplexy it would cause in Trixie.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Gary Barnett's looking for work, I hear...

Honestly though, I think Michigan would be best served by going the USC/ND route and getting an NFL assistant or former head coach. I still wonder how different things might be if Kubiak had taken the CU job that ultimately went to GB. I'm happy with Hawk (for today, at least), but NFL coaches really do have a ton of cache when it comes to recruiting...
"Keys, woman!"
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Mike,

Kubiak's first college job will be at A&M unless Fran finds lightning in a bottle.

Just sayin'.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:I nominate Urban, just for the apoplexy it would cause in Trixie.
Yeah, right.....

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

IndyFrisco wrote:Mike,

Kubiak's first college job will be at A&M unless Fran finds lightning in a bottle.

Just sayin'.
If that's the case, I think you'll be a very happy Aggie. It's not like I was holding out hope that he'd still end up at CU. If he was going to go there, he would've stepped in after Neuweasel. They really wanted him bad, and at one point, it seemed like a done deal. Not really sure why it fell through, but I was just speaking more in terms of "what if".
"Keys, woman!"
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

T REX wrote:This is not a SEC dig...but why leave a top five program in LSU? Les has it made there for now.
The only reason I could see that move is if it's his "dream job." As for recruiting, I can't see how he'd leave a talent hotbed for a school that traditionally has to go out-of-state to get most of its top players.

What's Gary Moeller up to these days? Wonder if Harbaugh has any interest? :lol:
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Bo Pelini
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Jim Harbaugh
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Sylvester Croom, its the PC thing to do
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

SoCalTrjn wrote:Sylvester Croom, its the PC thing to do

If you want them to be PC, I'd say Ron English but he's been as much to blame about this three game losing streak as Llloyd. My honest opinion...I think the next head coach is probably on the staff right now...maybe Scott Loeffler.

Like I said, Michigan football isn't about thinking outside the box. When the biggest addition to your offensive playbook is the shotgun...you know this team is afraid to be bold and imaginative.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Mike Trgovac
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
BlindRef
Fuck State

Post by BlindRef »

T REX wrote:I nominate Jerry Moore!

PS Urban is off limits.

I want Jerry Moore....I think they should offer him the OC job now with the promise of the HC job next call. I am NOT joking. This guy is talented, he'll be a great D-1 coach. He is going to end up somewhere.

Les Miles will NOT be the next Michigan coach...too big of a mouth.
Urban Meyers will not be the next coach, why the hell would he leave Florida.

Jim Harbaugh will not be the next coach see Les Miles.

BRING JERRY MOORE!
Those who stay will be champions.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

BlindRef wrote:
T REX wrote:I nominate Jerry Moore!

PS Urban is off limits.

I want Jerry Moore....I think they should offer him the OC job now with the promise of the HC job next call. I am NOT joking. This guy is talented, he'll be a great D-1 coach. He is going to end up somewhere.

Les Miles will NOT be the next Michigan coach...too big of a mouth.
Urban Meyers will not be the next coach, why the hell would he leave Florida.

Jim Harbaugh will not be the next coach see Les Miles.

BRING JERRY MOORE!
Jerry Moore is 68 years old (assuming his Wikipedia bio is correct on that point). That's a little late in the game to make the jump to that level. Just sayin'. (Yeah, I know, insert Joe Moore reference here.)

Miles has a better chance to go to Michigan than does Harbaugh, although I don't think you'll see either one of them there.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
BlindRef
Fuck State

Post by BlindRef »

Yeah he is too old.

Damnit!
Those who stay will be champions.
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

Nick Saban would probably be up for it. He's been at Alabama WAY too long anyway. He's overdue for a move.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

If you could get Peterson out of Boise that would be my first choice. He might be the only guy that turns down a Michigan or Texas level school to stay at a school like BSU.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

I see Bo getting a nice offer some time soon. But I don't know if it will be quite this nice. I think Mich will go for somebody with NFL coordinator/HC-experience or a current college-HC like Gary Patterson from TCU.

You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

gary pinkel is your man michigan
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Barry Switzer is probably available
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

TenTallBen wrote:Nick Saban would probably be up for it. He's been at Alabama WAY too long anyway. He's overdue for a move.
Ha ha ...rack!

Take Jay Paterno - PLEASE.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Vito Corleone wrote:If you could get Peterson out of Boise that would be my first choice. He might be the only guy that turns down a Michigan or Texas level school to stay at a school like BSU.
He will turn it down.

His son is very sick, the family and especially the ill son love the area and they way the people treat them. Boise is also one of the best enviroments for his kid and surprisigly one of the hospitals in Boise is one of the best places for treatment and observation in the country.

I can't remember the illness for his child unfortunatly. God Bless his family though.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Sudden Sam wrote:What about the perenially brilliant/generally mediocre Kirk Ferentz?
Lateral move. No chance.

-J0N
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I heard his name mentioned but I don't know if it is a realistic possiblility...Bill Cowher?
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

This is an interesting question for the future for a lot of schools...

I mean I know TREX will say no way but does

Urban possibly go to tOSU at some point in the future (again not saying it is going to happen but he is an Ohio guy)...REX just don't sit and say no way due to living in FLA, etc...just a discussion...

Does Miles leave for UM?

Would say Tommy Frazier ever coach NU???
If Weis does go down the way do you go after a ND guy?

just throwing out there for discussion would you rather stay in house (the university family) or go get the "best" possible name out there...would it matter if they had ties...say Michigan went and hired Leach from Texas Tech? Would that matter to Michigan fan?
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Cowher is not a realistic college coaching possibility.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Urban is untouchable....period....

Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

buckeye_in_sc wrote:I mean I know TREX will say no way but does

Urban possibly go to tOSU at some point in the future (again not saying it is going to happen but he is an Ohio guy)...REX just don't sit and say no way due to living in FLA, etc...just a discussion...
I mentioned Urban mainly to get TREX going. But if you go back to when he was at Utah, ND, Michigan and tOSU were the three schools he had an out clause for on his contract. Then again, he turned down ND for Florida, so who knows at this point?
If Weis does go down the way do you go after a ND guy?
Weis is a ND alum, although he neither played football nor coached there previous to being hired as head coach. Another guy in the mix for the ND job at the time was Tom Clements, who was starting QB on the '73 national championship team, a former assistant under Holtz, and at the time, the OC for the Buffalo Bills.

At one point, being a ND alum was a prerequisite for the ND head coaching job, although prior to Weis, the last head coach at ND who was a ND alum was Hugh Devore. That was in 1963.

Today Notre Dame alums comprise a surprisingly small portion of the coaching fraternity, so it's unlikely that Weis' successor will be a ND alum. Of ND alums in the coaching ranks, Mike Haywood is probably the most likely right now to be considered for a head job at a major university in the relatively near future.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

T REX wrote:Urban is untouchable....period....
Why? Because you said so? Excuse me for just a moment . . . :meds:

The nature of the beast is that there's no loyalty anymore when it comes to coaching. And that works both ways. Just as a team's fanbase will turn on a coach at the first sign of a bump in the road, so too will a coach entertain the opportunity to leave if the price is right.

Meyer might say all the right things about staying right now. But you have to remember that he has no ties to Florida other than his current contract. He didn't grow up there. He didn't go to school there. And he didn't coach there before he became the head coach. And if Florida is the coaching nirvana you make it out to be, why did Billy Donovan actually decide to leave? Granted, he had buyer's remorse about one minute later, but he did make the decision to leave.

Bottom line is that I'm not saying Meyer will leave Florida, but OTOH, it wouldn't surprise me one iota if that is, in fact, what happens eventually. And don't worry, it won't be for ND. He had his chance to be ND's head coach already, and he burned his bridges there by the manner in which he handled it.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:
Why? Because you said so? Excuse me for just a moment . . . :meds:
You're excused.
The nature of the beast is that there's no loyalty anymore when it comes to coaching. And that works both ways. Just as a team's fanbase will turn on a coach at the first sign of a bump in the road, so too will a coach entertain the opportunity to leave if the price is right.
The price has been set. I don't see UM ponying up $4.0 mill+ it would take to even begin a bidding war.
Meyer might say all the right things about staying right now. But you have to remember that he has no ties to Florida other than his current contract. He didn't grow up there. He didn't go to school there. And he didn't coach there before he became the head coach. And if Florida is the coaching nirvana you make it out to be, why did Billy Donovan actually decide to leave? Granted, he had buyer's remorse about one minute later, but he did make the decision to leave.
I think you answered your own thought.....Donovan hod NO ties here either....and was offered a helluva lot of money to leave....he opted to stay. It's just not about the money......obviously....Notre Dame had a lot more tradition than UF yet Meyer chose UF.
Bottom line is that I'm not saying Meyer will leave Florida, but OTOH, it wouldn't surprise me one iota if that is, in fact, what happens eventually. And don't worry, it won't be for ND. He had his chance to be ND's head coach already, and he burned his bridges there by the manner in which he handled it.
Yeah....like you wouldn't take him if he wanted to go to ND after Weis is fired.......enough already.....

Urban ain't going anywhere.....if it is...its the NFL....which I don't think would translate there....

Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

King Crimson wrote:Image
I thought he was dead. Seriously.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Q, West Coast Style wrote:
King Crimson wrote:Image
I thought he was dead. Seriously.
tough question. like David Bowie's Man Who Sold the World he may have died "a long, long time ago......who knows? not me".

(actually he's coaching the Florida Atlantic Owls....whom Howie says "D-1 teams are afraid to play".....etc).
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

I wouldnt be surprised to see the Michigan alumns and boosters call for Meyer, his offense at Michigan in that conference would cause everyone else re-think their everything and we already know Meyer can out coach and beat the sweater vest
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Urban Meyer will not be the next Michigan coach.

they could buy out a hot name like Schiano or Rodriguez maybe, but not Meyer. i just don't see it.

sadly, in the absence of any real "Michigan Men" it will likely be a flavor of the month coach who has a good year....that's kind of how it works. real or legit flavor, no one knows.

I don't see Les Miles as a good fit at UM. Les plays a little hard and fast with character issues (yeah, yeah... I know, says "OU fan")....but the first thing Gundy did when he got when he got the Okie State job was run off some real REAL bad actors.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Trogvac would be the choice if they went with a "Michigan Man".

And no T REX, most of ND fans would not want Meyer as their head coach. It wouldn't matter because he won't be called no matter what happens to Weis.

Good to know that he will be fired after 1 game. Great call. :meds:
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK