Bring it

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Bring it

Post by Killian »

Weis deserves all the shit you want to give him. Defense was average, offense was an F-.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Sudden Sam wrote:Not been a good day for northern schools taking on southern schools, has it?

Werd.

Sin,
University of Houston, Florida International, UAB, SC St, Virginia, Duke, Wake Forest
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BTW Sam, by my (less than guaranteed) count, "southern schools" are 4-7 against "northern schools" so far today(counting BC as a win).

No wonder SEC dorks think they're so superior. It's not due to superior football, just inferior math skills.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Dude, you've got to be one of the least fun guys to get over on.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Re: Bring it

Post by T REX »

Killian wrote:Weis deserves all the shit you want to give him. Defense was average, offense was an F-.
I must say...Weis's coaching abilities are suspect at this point...very suspect.....

Care to go back to when you said you got a better coach in Weis over Meyer and that's who you wanted the whole time anyway??????

That ND was poorly prepared and looked gawd-awful....
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
Killian

Post by Killian »

Nope, I'm not going to go back. Meyer had the better athletes the past two years. Switch the coaches and you would have the same results.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Domers suck...and all the world was good...so it was said.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Killian wrote:Nope, I'm not going to go back. Meyer had the better athletes the past two years. Switch the coaches and you would have the same results.
Wow.....that's your excuse......he isn't even coaching up what he has.....so what you are telling us is that Weis is a better coach than Meyer??????

Gotta hear this....

PS Recruiting is part of coaching......just a FYI.....Harvin and Tebow....our best players are both true soph's and Meyer recruits.....but hey you rationalize this WORST HOME OPENER IN THE HISTORY OF ND FOOTBALL, however it makes you feel better.....

No one in here is going to buy that Weis is a better coach...122 yards of offense.....you had all spring and summer to work on that????

Killian

Post by Killian »

Would Meyer have done better? Very hard to say. I doubt it, but then I'm a domer homer. Weis's strength is the dropback game. I suspect you will see a much different next week
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Whoa.....you are avoiding the question...right now....who's the better coach.....instead of answering you are trying to swap this and that....what do you want to do...swap universitys next????

You were very adamant back in the day concerning the outcome with our respective coaching searches....Weis was a better coach/catch....etc....I am asking now on the eve of their third seasons who do you feel got the better coach....that's all.

Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Notre Dame was so bad today, Michigan could've beat 'em.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Shoalzie wrote:Notre Dame was so bad today, Michigan could've beat 'em.
Now hold on there . . .

I honestly don't know what's worse: losing by 30, albeit to a team from a BCS conference that's no pushover, or losing to a 1-AA team.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Killian

Post by Killian »

ND got the better coach, UF has the better talent. Not hard to comprehend.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:
Now hold on there . . .

I honestly don't know what's worse: losing by 30, albeit to a team from a BCS conference that's no pushover, or losing to a 1-AA team.
Terry,

Don't piss on his "look for the silver lining" parade.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Killian wrote:ND got the better coach, UF has the better talent. Not hard to comprehend.
Now that's homer.....yeah, you guys look it....talent has nothing to do with being completely un-prepared to take the field.

Wrong.

Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Hey T-Bitch....you put Weis with Florida's talent and he's winning just like Bourbon Meyer is, you give Meyer the shit talent Weis was given and Bourbon doesn't win as much as Weis. He's doing as well as he can with average talent. The kids he brought in are still young and you won't see a huge difference until next year which is probably 5 years earlier than we'll see a quality post from you.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Laxplayer wrote:WAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Yeah....because Meyer had SO MUCH talent at Bowling Green and Utah.....wow......its all starting to not look so good for ND fan and they aren't handling it very well......

If you call todays beatdown(the worst in ND history opener) as well as he can do....you guys are in serious trouble.....serious....

Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Didn't Meyer not sign w/ ND b/c he realized UF had more talent?
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Trix can get obnoxious at-times but I gotta give his man Meyer props. Dude has went to three different schools and been a hands-down success. If he went to ND he'd be winning there. Dude can flat-out coach, end of story. I wish the 'skers had made a hard play for him back in '03. Maybe Weis is that level of coach but I would still say he has a fair amount to prove at this point.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

IndyFrisco wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:
Now hold on there . . .

Terry,

Don't piss on his "look for the silver lining" parade.

I'll make this bold statement...App State could've done the exact same thing to the Irish. Michigan pissed down its leg with a senior QB...we saw how lost Notre Dame looked on Saturday with their QB carousel.

I'm not hear to deflect the heat off the Wolverines...they deserve everything they got today but Notre Dame probably dropped the second biggest turd on Saturday. In two weeks, we'll see if that statement of mine will come true.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Shoalzie wrote: I'll make this bold statement...App State could've done the exact same thing to the Irish.
That isn't bold, that's obvious. ND would have been hopeless against App St. yesterday. At least Michigan had offensive talent to keep them in the game.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Meyer also did all of his winning with a QB who could move. Can you imagine Quinn trying to run the spread option?

I'm not taking anything away from Meyer, he's a helluva coach. Cicero is right, he went to FLA because they had more talent. Did it make him a bad coach when an average Alabama team hammer fucked them? Was he a bad offensive coach then?

Weis called a shitty game, no doubt about it. The Oline played piss poor to boot. I have no doubt that Weis will correct the problem. If I'm making this same post a month from now then there will be something to worry about.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:Dude, you've got to be one of the least fun guys to get over on.

When I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I'll own up.

I made a dumbass post....again. Probably do it...oh...I dunno...at least two or three more times during the college season.

Let's see how Auburn fares against K-State (I think KSU and South Florida will both give the Tigers fits) and my big game of the day/night - Tennessee-Cal. It's tough wanting Auburn and UT to win, but you guys in here make me have to pull for SEC schools. Of course, if Auburn loses, I'll be laughing my ass off. Tennessee needs to destroy Cal again, just on principle.

Glad to see the boys in black and white stripes made sure Allbarn pulled out that W for da souf last night.

Disgusting!
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Killian wrote:Meyer also did all of his winning with a QB who could move. Can you imagine Quinn trying to run the spread option?
False.....Leak was awful at the spread option....he couldn't run it(he couldn't run period).....Meyer actually CHANGED many of the plays and tailored the offense to Leak's strengths. Leak is/was a DROPBACK qb not a runner. If you watched ANY of UF's games....he was an awful runner.

Wrong again. Keep trying little camper.

SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

T REX wrote:
Killian wrote:Meyer also did all of his winning with a QB who could move. Can you imagine Quinn trying to run the spread option?
False.....Leak was awful at the spread option....he couldn't run it(he couldn't run period).....Meyer actually CHANGED many of the plays and tailored the offense to Leak's strengths. Leak is/was a DROPBACK qb not a runner. If you watched ANY of UF's games....he was an awful runner.

Wrong again. Keep trying little camper.
I am going to regret this for the rest of my T1B posting life but Trixy is correct in this statement. Leak was not in the least bit a mobile QB.

Please don't tell me you were assuming he was a mobile QB because he was black Killian that would greatly disappoint me.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Killian wrote:
I'm not taking anything away from Meyer, he's a helluva coach. Cicero is right, he went to FLA because they had more talent. Did it make him a bad coach when an average Alabama team hammer fucked them? Was he a bad offensive coach then?
That was his first season.....only a few games in....Weis is starting on his third season.....the one ND QB is a junior isn't he....he has to be able to run part of the offense after three springs and summers, don't ya think?
Weis called a shitty game, no doubt about it. The Oline played piss poor to boot. I have no doubt that Weis will correct the problem. If I'm making this same post a month from now then there will be something to worry about.
Ok, fair enough.....but Weis-Watch is on.....

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

ND is a young, inexperienced team. The ramblin' wreck looks pretty darn good this year.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

^^ Agreed, GT deserves some credit. I still believe that Jon Tenuta is one of the best defensive minds in CFB. I was disappointed when he left tOSU.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

what are the chances of the Michigan and Notre Dame game being between 2 teams both looking for their first win?
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

L45B wrote:^^ Agreed, GT deserves some credit. I still believe that Jon Tenuta is one of the best defensive minds in CFB. I was disappointed when he left tOSU.
So what is the deal with Tenuta? Is he just one of those guys that prefers to be a coordinator rather than the head-coach? As good as he is I'd think somebody would try to hire him away to head their program. Is he a Norm Chow? A genius coach that just doesn't come-off as the guy to woo recruits and be the face of a program?
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

what are the chances of the Michigan and Notre Dame game being between 2 teams both looking for their first win
I'd say, pretty damn good. ND's starting QB looked lost at times....in front of a home crowd. How the hell is he going to react in front of 100K people howling all night long?
ND is in for a long season.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

trex has beaten killian. eveyone's beaten umich, even if they hadn't played.

weis is a better coach just b/c he got fashion tips from bill bellichek [spell?]. the only decent team he ever has a chance against is michigan, otherwise he's just fat. meyer used his coaching skills to turn a dysfuntional program into a national champion in less time than it takes lloyd carr to make any sort of coaching adjustment. i suppose that's not exactly a compliment, but you can understand my point.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

T REX wrote:Weis-Watch is on.....
I wouldn't go that far . . . not yet, anyway. But I suppose the possibility is there for things in that regard to change in a hurry.

ND football is all about history, so there are a few historical references to keep in mind here.

A 3-game losing streak is not terribly uncommon at ND. In fact, we were on one at the time we hired Weis.

You'd have to go back to '01 for the last time we lost 4 in a row. For the last time we lost 5 in a row, you'd have to go back to '86, and that particular losing streak was split between two coaches (Faust and Holtz).

The last time one coach lost 5 in a row at ND, you'd have to go back to Hugh Devore in '63. I wasn't even born when that happened, and I'm an old fart.

So we're not there quite yet, but with the schedule not getting any easier in the weeks ahead, we could be there in a hurry if things don't improve fast.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Terry....this is year three and the lack of preparation was inexcusable at this point of charlie's tenure. I'm not being harsh....it was a bad bad game for the Irish. I mean he's the offense guy and you were inept.

Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Yes, it is year three, but I wouldn't read too much into just one game, particularly where most reasonable fans were expecting a dropoff in performance this year (albeit, admittedly, not nearly so much of one as we saw on Saturday). It's still early in the season. But Weis has a long way to go to turn things around, and if he doesn't do it soon, he could be hearing calls for his job.

Btw, IIRC, a major factor in the firing of Willingham was the number of blowout losses (8 losses by 24 or more points in three years; I use 24 because it is the maximum number of points a team can accumulate in three scores). By contrast, both Davie and Faust had 2 losses by the same total, and for that matter, Faust's two didn't even come until his fate already had been more or less sealed. Weis now has two in a row.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

You can't base an argument on what Weis might be able to do (if he had better talent). The bottom line is when you compare head coaching resumes between Weis and Meyer, it's obvious who's been the better coach. Meyer shouldn't be knocked down a rung because he's got talent to work with.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Teshard Choice is probably most underrated back in the country. Dude was heavily persued by SEC schools, but he chose to go to G Tech. Dude might be a Heisman candidate at the end of the season.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Believe the Heupel wrote:
RumpleForeskin wrote:Teshard Choice is probably most underrated back in the country. Dude was heavily persued by SEC schools, but he chose to go to Oklahoma. Dude might be a Heisman candidate at the end of the season.
Fixed that for you. He later transferred because he didn't want to sit behind Adrian Peterson and he missed his family in Georgia.
No BtH that is not why he transferred and it is a little insulting to Tashard to imply such. TC grew up a Sooner fan and has family from Oklahoma. Tashard wasn't worried about being a back up, he was worried about never seeing his mother again who is terminally ill in Atlanta.