busch series in quebec...

Please donate to the War Wagon memorial A/C fund.

Moderator: War Wagon

Mac22
Elwood

busch series in quebec...

Post by Mac22 »

a wild finish... robbie gordon earns a black flag for not restarting where he belongs... and proceeds to pay back Ambrose for a spin that had Gordon facing the wrong way at the end of a wreck...

can't wait to hear the post race interviews with both of them..
"Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital."

If teachers made twice as much as rock stars, which would you rather be?

There are two motivations in sports... which one is yours?

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Very entertaining race indeed, punctuated by my boy Kevin Harvick winning after starting last. Those boys were getting after it.

Rack those Canuck 'necks who were simply going wild up in the stands. I don't think I've ever seen a Cup race where the fans were so pumped.

Oh, and Robby thinks he should have won. Go figure.
Mac22
Elwood

Post by Mac22 »

i seem to recall during the caution someone on his radio telling him he's supposed to be behind the 33... and he replied "i don't see a 33."
spotter responds "you have to be behind the 33, or you get the black flag."

hey genius... i think that means you aren't in second anymore...
"Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital."

Qbert

Post by Qbert »

ahem

RG Won that Race.

HE is getting a complete screwjob...unless there is 1 more camera angle that ESPN didn't show.

before Ambrose punted RG....the "Corner" dude was waving the Caution FLAG. it was clearly evident....and RG was in Front.

How can NASCAR decide to "move RG" back to 12th?

at WORST...???RG is restarting 2nd.....and we saw how that turned out.

screwjob.

Robby Gordon WON that Race.

the Black Flag was wrong....the deciscion was wrong by NASCAR.

the 1st two turns of the Track are clogged with a "wreck"....and the caution comes out WHEN?

??? after Ambrose re-punts RG???

bullshit.
Mac22
Elwood

Post by Mac22 »

Qbert wrote:
before Ambrose punted RG....the "Corner" dude was waving the Caution FLAG. it was clearly evident....and RG was in Front.

the 1st two turns of the Track are clogged with a "wreck"....and the caution comes out WHEN?

??? after Ambrose re-punts RG???

bullshit.

as good as the arguement is... i only have one dispute...
on road courses in ALL series (F1, IRL, etc.) those are considered local cautions... the only yellow that matters is at the start finish line... not the flag that some fake-french volunteer is waving...

i realize there is no more racing to the line, but at the time RG was punted, nascar hadn't officially waved the yellow. rough luck.

props to ambrose for handling it... he had every right to be just as pissed as RG, since RG was not technically in 2nd when he punted him...

not that any of it matters to me, this is the first busch race i watched more than 10 laps... not a fan with all the Cup guys running... i wait for sunday to see them.

Qbert

Post by Qbert »

Mac...luv'ya.....

ESPN did nothing except step all over themselves about the "time-loops" that would be in affect about when the Caution came out. like it was a speedway race...and then showed that highlight continusely where RG was ahead...and got punted by Ambrose.
Mac22
Elwood

Post by Mac22 »

hey Q... turns out we're both not quite correct... the explaination i just found on nascar.com...

Once the caution came out, the field was frozen," Balash said. "Once the field is frozen, all cars must maintain cautious pace in order to be scored. At the time that the field was frozen, [Ambrose] was in the lead. [Gordon] did not maintain a cautious pace, and by NASCAR rule, cars that do not maintain a cautious pace are scored only when they blend back into the continuous line.

"... The tower ordered the 55 multiple times to get into position. The directive was acknowledged by the crew chief of the 55 and also communicated to the driver of the 55. The driver ignored NASCAR's directive. He was warned that he would be black-flagged if he did not comply."

so that's their official version for you.

(btw... not trying to rattle your cage... just bored :wink: )

Qbert

Post by Qbert »

to be Fair....ESPN wouldn't give an Opinion about RG being screwed...or anything like that.

they shut their cake holez UP.

F'em
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

Mac22 wrote:hey Q... turns out we're both not quite correct... the explaination i just found on nascar.com...

Once the caution came out, the field was frozen," Balash said. "Once the field is frozen, all cars must maintain cautious pace in order to be scored. At the time that the field was frozen, [Ambrose] was in the lead. [Gordon] did not maintain a cautious pace, and by NASCAR rule, cars that do not maintain a cautious pace are scored only when they blend back into the continuous line.

THE SCREW JOB STARTS????????????

"... The tower ordered the 55 multiple times to get into position. The directive was acknowledged by the crew chief of the 55 and also communicated to the driver of the 55. The driver ignored NASCAR's directive. He was warned that he would be black-flagged if he did not comply."

so that's their official version for you.

(btw... not trying to rattle your cage... just bored :wink: )
i'm bored as well.

there was no TV evidence of that being the case.

NASCAR doesn't Care for Robby Gordon.

how can "the Field" be Frozen?...and RG not be in 2nd?

if the argument is..."the Ambrose v Gordon" wreck brings out the Caution....FINE....Gordon was STILL Ahead.

Gordon shouldn't be Black Flagged.

he shouldn't be placed back 12 spots via scoring.
if its what we ALL Saw...there was a wreck in turns 1-2.....it 'caused a mess! Guess What? RG got around Ambrose and RG took the lead.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

RACK Q

Robby won that race
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

This race was a disgrace. NASCAR should be investigated- Robby Gordon was clearly screwed. There is a reason NASCAR ratings are down for every race this year, especially for their self proclaimed second biggest race of the year. NASCAR is getting worse then WWF and almost as choreographed as a Broadway Play. :meds:
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
Mac22
Elwood

Post by Mac22 »

in case anyone missed it... RG is suspended for today's race...

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

That tends to happen when one ignores a black flag.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

He had good reason to ignore the black flag. HE WON THE RACE.
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

While he certainly got hosed, there's no assurance that he would've won. A good probability, yes, but no ironclad guarantee. There were still laps left to be run. Long laps on a road course where shit can, and does, happen.

RG can't just make up his own rules out on the track, and to attempt to do so makes him look quite foolish and deserving of being hosed. Had he just accepted the ruling and done what he was told, I would've felt more sympathy for his complaint. As it is, I have very little use for the temper tantrum throwing bitch.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

War Wagon wrote:As it is, I have very little use for the temper tantrum throwing bitch.
Don't let that cloud your judgement. I know they can't condone anarchy. Robby shouldn't have ignored the black flag, but in all seriousness, what else could he really have done? Dropped to 13 and have no chance? Accept the black flag and never have the chance for anything but an apology? What would they do, rerun those last 4 laps? Nascar admit a mistake? C'mon, Bro, regardless of WHO it was, his options were limited.

What if it were Harvick?
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

rozy wrote: What if it were Harvick?
Well, obviously, that would be a different story. :lol:

Interesting though that Harvick is the only other driver to get parked for "aggressive" driving in a Cup race for an incident that occurred in a different series.

Bad karma/good karma?

As for Robbie, he's a petulant little child. Lining up and doing a victory burnout right alongside Harvick was... what? Did he think they were going to change the ruling?

It's no wonder he gets placed in the corner wearing a duncecap on a regular basis, and this time he got taken out behind the woodshed for his juvenile antics.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

RG did the only thing that he could...WIN the FUCKING Race.

he got a "raw" ruling over the Radio that he didn't agree with....probably He hoped to make his case afterwards. he wasn't going to take a "black flag" and give himself ZERO Chance.

sure, ignoring the "black flag" screwed himself for the Cup Race today. i can understand that...the "anarchy" thing that rozy refers to....

CRUTCHES to RG for holding onto some "principle" after a complete screwjob.

Wags...i used to think that RG was an ASS of the highest level. we met him up @ MIS a couple of years back...he couldn't have been a nicer dude.

remember, RG's Teams don't have the Resources of the bIg Guys.

of course he's going to act like a petulant little child when not being offered LUBE before his latest screwing.

i'm not trying to be a RG HONK....i just respect what he's doing in all of the Racing Series' he's involved in....with the Resources that he has.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Maybe there's a reason why he can't hook up with a good team?

I'd say his character is less than desirable, at best.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

i'd say that He's trying to do it "on his own."
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Qbert wrote:i'm bored as well.

there was no TV evidence of that being the case.

NASCAR doesn't Care for Robby Gordon.

how can "the Field" be Frozen?...and RG not be in 2nd?

if the argument is..."the Ambrose v Gordon" wreck brings out the Caution....FINE....Gordon was STILL Ahead.

Gordon shouldn't be Black Flagged.

he shouldn't be placed back 12 spots via scoring.
if its what we ALL Saw...there was a wreck in turns 1-2.....it 'caused a mess! Guess What? RG got around Ambrose and RG took the lead.
RACK it!!!!!!

I wore the #7 Jim beam hat proudly yesterday. It's nice that the Nextel Cup series is at the Glen this weekend. RG is going to be highly motivated and even more aggressive than he normally is on a road course.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

War Wagon wrote:Maybe there's a reason why he can't hook up with a good team?

I'd say his character is less than desirable, at best.
You know we're right. Noone is denying he can be an asshole. He was placed in a position with little choice. He thumbed his nose at the idiots in charge. YOU KNOW that is rackable. This is a lot like when Jimmy did a little cosmetic surgery to Krackhead Busch's face. We knew it was wrong, but in such a right way. :lol: And now Robby will become a momentary folk hero much the same way Jimmy did.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

rozy wrote: He thumbed his nose at the idiots in charge.
The "idiots in charge"?

What the hell is THAT, roz?

The NASCAR heirarchy aren't idiots. They manage a billion dollar entity, and do it quite well.

Robby Gordon was the idiot. "Thumbing his nose" got him parked.

And I noticed he was one contrite motherfucker when speaking about it the next day.

One does not bite the hand that feeds it, unless one is really stupid.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

War Wagon wrote:
The "idiots in charge"?

What the hell is THAT, roz?
THAT is Robby missing a Cup race for a Busch incident where he ignored a black flag and won a race and getting fined 35000.

As opposed to Krackhead almost running over a pitcrew member and missing NO races while getting fined 100000.

The IDIOTS took TWO HOURS after the race to concoct their explanation for screwing over a racecar driver. Again, your response to the Harvick question really says it all. Your issue with this is that it was Robby. Nothing at all to do with the veracity of the complaint.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

rozy wrote: Your issue with this is that it was Robby.
Wrong. I've got no bone to pick with Robby.

My issue is with him flouting authority.

I equate his actions to a baserunner being called out at 1st on a close play in which he just knew he was safe. The guy pulled his foot off the base just before he caught the ball. Then he argues with the ump, coldcocks the 1st baseman, and refuses to leave the field. To top it off, he does a flap down homerun run trot.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

War Wagon wrote:
rozy wrote: Your issue with this is that it was Robby.
Wrong. I've got no bone to pick with Robby.

My issue is with him flouting authority.
Authority? I fight Authority....Authority always Wins.....

Sin,

Hippie farmer JCM

He had NO Choice Wags!!!!???

G00d for Him. RACK Robbie Gordon.

I equate his actions to a baserunner being called out at 1st on a close play in which he just knew he was safe. The guy pulled his foot off the base just before he caught the ball. Then he argues with the ump, coldcocks the 1st baseman, and refuses to leave the field. To top it off, he does a flap down homerun run trot.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

.....ummm....okay.?

RG finished out the Race like he was in 1st Place....(ahem, he WAS.) Then he proceeded to do the "traditional" Victory Celebration...(which he should).

He was SCREWED...IN His and most of OUR Opinions.....SO, he did what he did.

...uuuumkay....i took the lead while a WRECK was going on :mrgreen: ....then i got Spun; well after this WRECK was going on....and THEN i'm being told to go back to 12th/13th place?

THE Caution Flag comes OUT WHEN????

FREE ROBBY GORDON!!!!

Wags

the Bigger picture is: Jr to the Evil Empire....and ()jr to JGR.

Robby Gordon and his ILK might be "our friends!"

saavy?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

MuchoBulls wrote: It's nice that the Nextel Cup series is at the Glen this weekend. RG is going to be highly motivated and even more aggressive than he normally is on a road course.
Yeah, how'd that work out today? You think it's going to be different tomorrow?

Meanwhile, my boy Harvick wins again, tying for 2nd in all-time Busch series wins.

Have I ever mentioned that Kevin Harvick is my boy?

Oh, and it didn't suck much that Jeff Burton took 2nd, giving RCR a clean sweep today.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

War Wagon wrote:
MuchoBulls wrote: It's nice that the Nextel Cup series is at the Glen this weekend. RG is going to be highly motivated and even more aggressive than he normally is on a road course.
Yeah, how'd that work out today? You think it's going to be different tomorrow?
Tomorrow is when it matters.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Today didn't matter?

Why, because it was "only" a Busch race?

Bullshit.

Last week was only a Busch race, and some of the boyz here were seriously pissed off at the results.

It's hard to piss off Q and rozy, let me tell you.

Well, Q anyway. roz just likes to argue.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

...sorry, i just saw a screw~job....I understand the Nascar Penalty (for disregarding the AUTHORITY of the Black Flag).

didn't see anything much of this Race...except for a tidbit that Harvick and Burton both pitted on Lap 4.....giving them a different fuel schedule than the rest of the field.........

we went to dinner....then onto our obligations.

just saw that Harvick and Burton finished 1 and 2!

i think i might've caught Laps 22- 30'ish....SO, is that how things played Out??

SCREWJob for this week--->WEATHER!

the Field is starting on Points.

RG's "effort" to put Marcus Ambrose into the Race...'nelp.

Boris SAID--->bigtime FICK!!!!!!!!

the opinon was offered up on TRACKSIDE on Friday night....why not let the 35 owners points be "locked in".....and let the Rest of the Competitors be allowed an Hour Session on Saturday (or whenever--->before Happy Hour)...to Qualify for the remaning Spots....when WEATHER furks everything up?

the "GO or Go Home Cars" have Sponsors TOO??!!!

FREE ROBBY GORDON!!!!!!!!
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

War Wagon wrote:Today didn't matter?

Why, because it was "only" a Busch race?

Bullshit.

Last week was only a Busch race, and some of the boyz here were seriously pissed off at the results.

It's hard to piss off Q and rozy, let me tell you.

Well, Q anyway. roz just likes to argue.
It matters, but not as much as today does. Gordon should have been suspended for yesterday's race and not the Cup race since his actions were during a Busch series race.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Qbert wrote: Boris SAID--->bigtime FICK!!!!!!!!
Bill Elliot gives Boris his ride in todays race. How fucking COOL is that?

verrah cool, that's how.

If there were a way for Billy to garner even more respect and admiration from moi, that'd just about do it.

RACK! Bill Elliot. Now let's see what Said can do starting from the back of the pack. I hope he gets at least a top 5 finish.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Said did a pretty good job yesterday. Definite RACKS to Bill Elliott. I've had a difficult time finding someone to root for since he doesn't race full time anymore.