Brickyard 400

Please donate to the War Wagon memorial A/C fund.

Moderator: War Wagon

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Brickyard 400

Post by Goober McTuber »

Did anyone watch the race yesterday?
Stewart led a race-high 66 of the 160 laps, but was passed by 2003 race winner Harvick on a restart with 20 to go. But with one Indy win already on his resume, Stewart didn't feel as if his world would end if he didn't regain the lead.

"I just went down there on the restart and got real, real tight for some reason," Stewart said. "Kevin got by us and I knew after 15 laps I could get around him. So I was just trying to be patient.

He never panicked as he chased down Harvick, even taunting his friend over the radio.

"Here, kitty, kitty, kitty," he called. "Come get you some of this."
Big bwahaha here.

A few laps later:
The pass completed, Stewart held steady and cruised the final 25 miles. With six to go, his in-car camera caught him casually drinking from a water bottle with no hands on his steering wheel as he headed down the straightaway at more than 200 miles per hour.
He may be a prick, but he’s a damn entertaining prick.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

I watched the race and was laughing my ass off at both of those instances. I hate TS with a passion but there's no denying his ability to drive a racecar. Another week, another implosion of the 48 team :x
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Those laps where Harvick and Stewart were beating and banging, but not wrecking each other... that's racin', and that's a beautiful thing. Tony obviously had the better car, Harvick got a fender dented in (that could've gone either way KH, so quitcher whining) and faded once the last pass was made.

Tony gets his props. I just wish that one time he'd own up to his own mistake on the track (like when he wrecked Hamlin and himself a few weeks back) and quit blaming the other guy every damn time. But noooo... with Tony it's always somebody else's fault.

DallasFanatic wrote:Another week, another implosion of the 48 team :x
That was a beautiful thing also. If one of my guys can't win, the next best thing is to see the #24 or #48 with a DNF after they've smacked the wall. Catching on fire is an added bonus. :lol:
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Ah, another unclean win by Tony. Props because that is why we all love Nascar. I give it a couple weeks before Tony is back to trashing Nascar and melting down once again.

Newman wrecking kinda messed up my plans but all in all a very entertaining race.

Oh, yeah, I'm glad JJ didn't burn up.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

On a side note, I dont remember ever seeing a quicker exit from a car then JJ pulled yesterday ... :lol:
Go Bucs, Gators
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Kinda' gives a new perspective to the old adage of lighting a fire under your ass.