Vick about to take it in the butt...

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Vick about to take it in the butt...

Post by Headhunter »

That Matt Schaub trade is looking genius right about now.

I think he'll walk on charges... All celebs do. But the interesting aspect will be how Roger Goodell reacts.

Does he have the nuts to drop a year on Vick?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/f ... index.html

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick was indicted Tuesday by a federal grand jury on charges related to illegal dogfighting.

Vick and three others were charged with violating federal laws against competitive dogfighting, procuring and training pit bulls for fighting and conducting the enterprise across state lines.

The indictment alleges that Vick and his co-defendants began sponsoring dogfighting in early 2001, the former Virginia Tech star's rookie year with the Falcons.

It accuses Vick, Purnell A. Peace, Quanis L. Phillips and Tony Taylor of "knowingly sponsoring and exhibiting an animal fighting venture," of conducting a business enterprise involving gambling, as well as buying, transporting and receiving dogs for the purposes of an animal fighting venture.

Telephone messages left at the offices and home of Vick's attorney, Larry Woodward, were not immediately returned.

A woman who answered the phone at the home of Vick's mother said the family knew nothing about the charges.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
Dog
Elwood

Post by Dog »

Poor Mama Vick may wind up with both of her sons in jail.
Religious Warfare: Adults arguing over who has the best imaginary friend.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: Vick about to take it in the butt...

Post by Dinsdale »

Headhunter wrote:Purnell ... Quanis

Pray for them.

Whether or not he skates depends on how willing others are to toss him under the bus. Nothing a few death threats shouldn't fix(sup Zach Randolph).
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Cosmo Kramer
Troublemaker
Location: Smack dab in the middle of a fucking immigration free-for-all

Post by Cosmo Kramer »

Keepin it real only as a mvscal can....What a POS!!!
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Details in the indictment here

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick was indicted Tuesday by a federal grand jury on charges related to illegal dogfighting.

Vick and three others are charged with competitive dogfighting, procuring and training pit bulls for fighting and conducting the enterprise across state lines.

The dogfighting operation was named "Bad Newz Kennels," according to the indictment, and the dogs were housed, trained and fought at a Surry County, Va., property owned by Vick.

The indictment alleges that the 27-year-old Vick and his co-defendants began a grisly dogfighting operation in early 2001 in which dogs fought to the death -- or close. Losing dogs were sometimes killed by electrocution, drowning, hanging or gunshots.

If convicted, Vick and the others -- Purnell A. Peace, Quanis L. Phillips and Tony Taylor -- could face up to six years in prison, $350,000 in fines and restitution.

Telephone messages left at the offices and home of Vick's attorney, Larry Woodward, were not immediately returned. A woman who answered the phone at the home of Vick's mother said the family knew nothing about the charges.

"We are disappointed that Michael Vick has put himself in a position where a federal grand jury has returned an indictment against him," NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said.

"The activities alleged are cruel, degrading and illegal. Michael Vick's guilt has not yet been proven, and we believe that all concerned should allow the legal process to determine the facts."

After an initial raid in April, Vick said he was rarely at the house, had no idea it may have been used in a criminal enterprise and blamed family members for taking advantage of his generosity.

On Vick's Web site, he lists his birthplace as Newport News, "a.k.a. BadNews."

The four men were accused of "knowingly sponsoring and exhibiting an animal fighting venture" and conducting a business enterprise involving gambling, as well as buying, transporting and receiving dogs for the purposes of an animal fighting venture.

Purses for the fights ranged from hundreds of dollars to the thousands, and participants and spectators placed side bets, the document said.

About eight young dogs were put to death after they were found not ready to fight in April 2007. They were killed "by hanging, drowning and/or slamming at least one dog's body to the ground," according to the indictment.

The FBI and local authorities have been investigating the allegations since an April 25 drug raid at the property Vick owned.

Atlanta Falcons' Michael Vick throws a pass against the Dallas Cowboys during the first half of an NFL football game in this Dec. 16, 2006 file photo in Atlanta. A federal grand jury in Virginia indicted Vick on Tuesday, July 17, 2007, in its investigation of illegal dog fighting.

Authorities seized 66 dogs, including 55 pit bulls, and equipment commonly used in dogfighting. About half the dogs were tethered to car axles with heavy chains that allowed the dogs to get close to each other, but not to have contact -- an arrangement typical for fighting dogs, according to the search warrant affidavit.

The indictment said dogfights were held at the Virginia property and dog owners brought animals from six states, including New York and Texas.

In a search warrant executed July 7, the government said the fights usually occurred late at night or in the early morning and would last several hours.

Before fights, participating dogs of the same sex would be weighed and bathed, according to the filings. Opposing dogs would be washed to remove any poison or narcotic placed on the dog's coat that could affect the other dog's performance.

Sometimes, dogs weren't fed to "make it more hungry for the other dog," it said.

Fucking sick bastards.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

With this being a federal indictement, I wouldn't be so quick to assume he'll get off free and clear. While I don't even have a Holiday Inn J.D. to my credits, I wouldn't imagine a federal case would be brought to bear without enough evidence to bring the house down.

Vick might have enough money stored away to dodge a direct hit, but if what I've been reading that could be true comes to pass, a plea bargain might be his only recourse to avoid a risky trial. Can't imagine too many jurors would be overly sympathetic to the descriptions and images of widespread dog-killings, let alone the pit-fighting aspect of the case.

Would not surprise me a bit to see Vick go the way of Adam Jones if he's pinned here. Legal ramifications nonwithstanding, he's going to get crucified in the court of public opinion before this is all said and done.
Last edited by orcinus on Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

What are the potential penalties if he's convicted?

Nevermind what punishment the NFL might dole out, he could be looking at time behind bars.
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

War Wagon wrote:What are the potential penalties if he's convicted?

Nevermind what punishment the NFL might dole out, he could be looking at time behind bars.
IN the grand scheme of things- not much. 6 years and 350,000 dollars in fines. Basically- nothing for the sick pieces of shit these fuckin' floaters are.

As bad as dogfighting is- these guys are the worst. Electrocuting, hanging and slamming dogs to the ground to kill them? I find it hard to believe with all the gangstas there- not one had a piece they could just put a bullet behind a dogs ear. What they did shows how unremorseful and disgusting these fuckheads really are.
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

orcinus wrote:With this being a federal indictement, I wouldn't be so quick to assume he'll get off free and clear. While I don't even have a Holiday Inn J.D. to my credits, I wouldn't imagine a federal case would be brought to bear without enough evidence to bring the house down.

Vick might have enough money stored away to dodge a direct hit, but if what I've been reading that could be true comes to pass, a plea bargain might be his only recourse to avoid a risky trial. Can't imagine too many jurors would be overly sympathetic to the descriptions and images of widespread dog-killings, let alone the pit-fighting aspect of the case.

Would not surprise me a bit to see Vick go the way of Adam Jones if he's pinned here. Legal ramifications nonwithstanding, he's going to get crucified in the court of public opinion before this is all said and done.
Not to mention facing the wrath of Faust.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Let us review some of the prognostications from April on this matter...

http://www.theoneboard.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=23491

I've got a feeling that my original estimate of a 4 game suspension is going to be a wee bit on the short side. But I still bet I'll do better than UCant.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Dinsdale wrote:Purnell ... Quanis

Pray for them.
:lol:
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

BBMarley wrote: Electrocuting, hanging and slamming dogs to the ground to kill them?
Just hearsay at this point as far as I'm concerned.

I'll try not to rush to judgement here, but if these allegations are proven in a court of law, I pity that boy.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Wagon wrote:...... that boy.
Little boy's hangin' 'em well, zappin' 'em well, slammin' 'em well, so you know what you do ........
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Toddowen wrote:
mvscal wrote:
Headhunter wrote:But the interesting aspect will be how Roger Goodell reacts.
It would probably be a good idea to give him the year off so he can focus on his legal defense.
No way. What ever happened to that "due process" thing in this country, or whatever it is that keeps Satan in the game past his bedtime.

If I were Mike Vick, I'd make the rounds to each opposing teams city as if nothing were wrong. FUCK that court of public opinion.
Due process goes out the door when you're caught in a boldfaced lie to the Commissioner of the NFL. Which is exactly what happened to Vick today.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Toddowen wrote:There just has to be some way to keep Micheal Vick playing the game of football all thru this upcoming season.

The court of public opinion demands to be heard. :wink:
What? Do you have him in a dynasty league?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

BSmack wrote:
Toddowen wrote:
mvscal wrote: It would probably be a good idea to give him the year off so he can focus on his legal defense.
No way. What ever happened to that "due process" thing in this country, or whatever it is that keeps Satan in the game past his bedtime.

If I were Mike Vick, I'd make the rounds to each opposing teams city as if nothing were wrong. FUCK that court of public opinion.
Due process goes out the door when you're caught in a boldfaced lie to the Commissioner of the NFL. Which is exactly what happened to Vick today.
Well said, B.

FalconFan better get ready for the Joey Harrington era to begin in the ATL.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

RevLimiter wrote:Due process goes out the door when you're caught in a boldfaced lie to the Commissioner of the NFL. Which is exactly what happened to Vick today.
Well said, B.

FalconFan better get ready for the Joey Harrington era to begin in the ATL.[/quote]

Even better. They might be in line for the Daunte Culpepper era.

Dolphins release "Ghandi" Culpepper

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

BSmack wrote:I've got a feeling that my original estimate of a 4 game suspension is going to be a wee bit on the short side. But I still bet I'll do better than UCant.
All of the players given the ax thus far have been repeat offenders, which in the eyes of the NFL, Vick is not. Goodell can't, and won't, do anything until Vick is found guilty.

As the details of this story come pouring in, I get more and more repulsed every day. As a proud volunteer to the MSCPA, I am sickened by this vast underworld culture. More and more, you see these abused Terriers looking for homes. I'd say about 15-20% of all the dogs found at shelters are Pits or Pit mixes. To me, those numbers are staggering. To make matters worse, most of these poor bastards end up being euthanized because they are so hard to place in a new home.

I hope that Vick is found guilty and made an example of. I hope he never plays another NFL down and has to forfeit hundreds of millions of dollars in salary and endorsements. America would be a better place for it. We need to let these scumbags out there breeding and fighting these dogs that they will be hunted down and put in jail. A message needs to be sent.

Sadly, it's hard to put away someone who can mount the legal defense Vick is capable of putting together. He's got the bank to do it.

This is not about being right or being wrong about a prediction. I want to be wrong. I have never wanted to be more wrong about anything I've ever posted. I just don't have the faith in our legal system that you do, I guess. We shall see...
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:All of the players given the ax thus far have been repeat offenders, which in the eyes of the NFL, Vick is not. Goodell can't, and won't, do anything until Vick is found guilty.
Considering the fact Vick had every opportunity to come clean on this during his April meeting with Goodell and, instead, chose to deny any knowledge whatsoever, I'd say you're wrong with this part of your statement, UCant. Also, while your repeat offender comment has merit, don't forget Adam Jones was bounced without ever being convicted.

The precedent is there, and Goodell already has his ducks in order.

Whether or no he will certainly remains to be seen; however, the commish is no dummy here. The April meeting gave him all the leverage he needs to act. What's more, legal analysts that have been all over the indictment and surrounding info say it's a pretty tight case. I still think his legal team will be able to steer him away from a direct hit as far as the courts are concerned, but Ookie's in some serious trouble here.

It's just a matter of time before he gets summed back to the office.

In the end, I think he'll get at least a season with the NFL.

His reputation and endorsement potential, on the other hand, aren't coming back.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:All of the players given the ax thus far have been repeat offenders, which in the eyes of the NFL, Vick is not. Goodell can't, and won't, do anything until Vick is found guilty.

Under the old regime I would be inclined to agree with you. However, Goodell has made it clear that protecting the image of the league is his first priority. And there is simply no way it could possibly be good for the image of the league to have fans in every visiting stadium chanting "Who Let The Dogs Out!" every time Vick steps on the field. Furthermore, since it is now clear that "Bad Newz Kennels" was involved in illegal gambling, Goodell has the authority to ban Vick for life if he feels Vick's gambling activities were sufficiently detrimental to the league. And Vick should damn well know this since there is a sign just like this one posted in every NFL locker room.

Notice in particular part 4 allows the Commissioner the power to unilaterally ban a player simply for associating with gamblers. There need be no criminal conviction. In fact, that rule was the rule that forced Joe Namath to sell his shares in a popular New York nightspot simply because word got around that gamblers also frequented the bar.
As the details of this story come pouring in, I get more and more repulsed every day. As a proud volunteer to the MSCPA, I am sickened by this vast underworld culture. More and more, you see these abused Terriers looking for homes. I'd say about 15-20% of all the dogs found at shelters are Pits or Pit mixes. To me, those numbers are staggering. To make matters worse, most of these poor bastards end up being euthanized because they are so hard to place in a new home.

I hope that Vick is found guilty and made an example of. I hope he never plays another NFL down and has to forfeit hundreds of millions of dollars in salary and endorsements. America would be a better place for it. We need to let these scumbags out there breeding and fighting these dogs that they will be hunted down and put in jail. A message needs to be sent.

Sadly, it's hard to put away someone who can mount the legal defense Vick is capable of putting together. He's got the bank to do it.

This is not about being right or being wrong about a prediction. I want to be wrong. I have never wanted to be more wrong about anything I've ever posted. I just don't have the faith in our legal system that you do, I guess. We shall see...
Honestly, it is not the legal system I am buying into. It is the court of public opinion and the certainty that the NFL wants to part of the impending PR nightmare that is now Michael Vick.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

From Sports Illustrated ...
Indictment against Vick describes unfathomable acts
Posted: Tuesday July 17, 2007 11:41PM; Updated: Tuesday July 17, 2007 11:41PM

During an April raid of Vick's property in Virginia, authorities seized 66 dogs and equipment commonly used in dog fighting.
AP
RELATED
• Falcons 'disturbed' by news of Vick indictment

By George Dohrmann, SI.com

The indictment handed down Tuesday against Falcons quarterback Michael Vick and three others describes in detail how they procured a property in Virginia for the purpose of staging dogfights, bought dogs, and then fought them there and in several other states over a six-year period. With at least three cooperating witnesses providing the details, federal authorities compiled a detailed case that traces the birth and rise of Bad Newz Kennels.

But not a single line in the 18-page indictment will generate more rage toward Vick and the others charged -- Purnell A. Peace, Quanis L. Phillips and Tony Taylor -- than a sentence near the end. It reads: "In or about April of 2007, Peace, Phillips and Vick executed approximately eight dogs that did not perform well in 'testing' sessions at 1915 Moonlight Road by various methods, including hanging, drowning and slamming at least one dog's body to the ground."

In interviews I conducted for an earlier story on the subculture of dogfighting and Vick's involvement, several experts described to me the process of "rolling" dogs. Owners take young dogs, usually puppies, and put them in an enclosed area and see how they react. They prod the dogs and urge them to get angry. If a dog shows aggression toward another dog, that's a positive. If a dog is timid, it is useless. Some fighters give away puppies that don't show the required "gameness." Other owners don't bother with the trouble of finding them a home and simply kill them.

Vick and his three associates, according to the indictment, fall in the latter category. Federal investigators allege that Vick is a murderer of dogs who weren't willing to fight for his enjoyment. Even worse, his actions appear more sinister than most professional dogfighters.

"If you want to kill a dog, why exert the energy to slam him into the ground or drown him? Why not just shoot him, which is the most common method?" says John Goodwin, dogfighting expert for the Humane Society of the United States. "That is insane. These guys, if they did that, have serious problems."

Vick's problems would seem to be plentiful now that he has gone from a person of interest in local and federal investigations to one of four men charged in U.S. District Court in Richmond, Va. with conspiracy to commit interstate commerce in aid of unlawful activities and to sponsor a dog in an animal-fighting venture. On the Travel Act portion of the conspiracy charges, he faces a maximum of five years in prison and a $250,000 fine. The dogfighting charges carry a possible sentence of one year in prison and $100,000 fine or both.

Still, even with the gravity of the crimes alleged, Vick's most serious problem would seem to be one of perception. If one believes the allegations against him, Vick is neither a novice dogfighter nor or a hobbyist who dipped his toe into the sport briefly. The indictment alleges that Vick is a professional dogfighter who"sponsored" more than two dozen dogfights. He is not, as he previously said, someone who merely trusted the wrong people. Rather, he is the face of a bloodsport that the majority of NFL fans probably didn't know existed until the property he owned on Moonlight Road was raided in late April. And, now, he becomes the ultimate test for NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and his new discipline policy.

"We expect the Falcons and the NFL to take prompt action," Goodwin says. "The message needs to be sent to other athletes who have been involved or are involved in dogfighting that this can be a career ender."

It remains to be seen how the Falcons or the NFL will act, but if they read all 18 pages of the indictment, one can be sure they will no longer give Vick the benefit of the doubt.

According to the indictment, Vick, who was also known as "Ookie," and the three others set out to start a kennel of American Pit Bull Terriers for the purpose of fighting them around 2001. Around May of that year, the indictment states that Taylor picked the property on 1915 Moonlight Road near Smithfield, Va., and Vick paid $34,000 for the land. In that same year, Vick and the other three men began acquiring fighting dogs, purchasing animals in Virginia and other states. There were four dogs from an individual in North Carolina, another dog bought in New York, and six dogs and six puppies from an individual in Richmond, Va.

According to the indictment, in Sept. 2001, Vick and two others purchased four pit bulls puppies, including a male named "Magic" for $1,000 from an individual who has since testified before the grand jury. In 2002, Vick, accompanied by Peace, purchased four pit bulls from another person in Virginia who the indictment says is now a cooperating witness for the government.

The indictment states that in early 2002, the quartet established "Bad Newz Kennels" and even obtained shirts and headbands that "promoted their affiliation" with that organization. They also began renovation of the Moonlight Road property: building a fence to shield the portion where dogfights allegedly occurred and sheds to house the dogs and training equipment. They buried car axles in the woods so they could tie the dogs to them.

Around the summer of 2002, the four men began "rolling" dogs, according to the indictment. At that time, Peace, Phillips and Taylor each killed at least one dog that proved to be a poor fighter. Peace shot a dog with a .22 caliber pistol. Phillips also shot a dog. Taylor, the indictment alleges, executed at least two dogs that didn't test well, shooting one and electrocuting at least one other.

Federal investigators say the quartet began attending fights as early as 2002, and in that year, Vick is first said to have sponsored a fight, between "Zebro" and "Maniac" at the Moonlight Road property for a purse totaling $2,000.

One of the more detailed descriptions of a fight involves a bout in March 2003. A professional fighter, now cooperating with the government, traveled from North Carolina to a location near Blackstone, Va., with his 35-pound female pit bull and a 47-pound male pit bull. The purse was $13,000 a side for the fight involving the female and $10,000 for the fight between the males. According to the indictment, Peace and Vick "represented" Bad Newz Kennels at those fights, which Bad Newz Kennels lost. "Peace, after consulting with Vick about the losing female pit bull's condition, executed the dog by wetting the dog down with water and electrocuting the animal," the indictment reads.

The fate of the male dog owned by Bad Newz is not mentioned in the indictment, but it does state that following that fight, "Vick retrieved a book bag containing approximately $23,000 in cash" and gave it to the winning owner, who is listed as "Cooperating Witness #2" in the indictment.

There are other allegations like those, other unfathomable acts. At times, the indictment can be difficult to read. Vick allegedly got into dogfighting in 2001 and fought dogs as recently as April. In other words, federal investigators say he's been a dogfighter as long as he's been an NFL quarterback.

After reading and rereading the allegations against Vick, it's easy to imagine a future where he is neither.
Another interesting note ... federal courts have a 95% conviction rate following an indictment.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

orcinus wrote:Also, while your repeat offender comment has merit, don't forget Adam Jones was bounced without ever being convicted.

Jones has been arrested on 5 separate occasions and questioned 10 other times. That's called establishing a pattern of behavior.

I believe this is Vick's first "official" scrape with the law, the genital herpes and water bottle incidents aside.

Hey... I can't wait for the other shoe to drop. In celebration, I will toss around an official NFL football authographed by Mr. Mexico himself in the backyard with my dog. More like, I will scamper around invisible rushers and drill the ball left-handed into the ground about 3 yards short and behind him, but it will be fun nonetheless. If I am going to pretend I'm Vick, I must remain true to form.
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Hey... I can't wait for the other shoe to drop. In celebration, I will toss around an official NFL football authographed by Mr. Mexico himself in the backyard with my dog. More like, I will scamper around invisible rushers and drill the ball left-handed into the ground about 3 yards short and behind him, but it will be fun nonetheless. If I am going to pretend I'm Vick, I must remain true to form.
:mrgreen:
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote: I'd say about 15-20% of all the dogs found at shelters are Pits or Pit mixes. To me, those numbers are staggering. To make matters worse, most of these poor bastards end up being euthanized because they are so hard to place in a new home.
I don't know about the shelters in your area ucant, but in KC I'd say that number is more like 65-70%. And again, I don't know about other areas of the country but here they will not let a Pit Bull or other similar breed be adopted, period. The supposed owner has two weeks to claim the dog, and pay all the fines and fees associated with it, or it will be put down. No exceptions.

I adopted a sweet German Shepard mix there a few years ago. When I told the people there I wanted this dog, they told me he couldn't be adopted because he was a Pit Bull, at least that's what they had him tagged as. I'm like, you need to go look at this dog you've got caged up back there and tell me that's a Pit Bull (you dumb SOB's).

Needless to say, I bailed Toby out of that shit hole and he's now the fattest, dumbest, and luckiest dog the planet.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

War Wagon wrote:Needless to say, I bailed Toby out of that shit hole and he's now the fattest, dumbest, and luckiest dog the planet.
What’s that old truism about dogs resembling their owners?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

War Wagon wrote:Needless to say, I bailed Toby out of that shit hole and he's now the fattest, dumbest, and luckiest dog the planet.
Fat and lucky don't belong in the same sentence, Wags. Fat means he's not being exercised and/or fed properly.

Much like humans, being fat, is not a good thing. Nevermind health issues when he gets older... dogs should be walked, played with in the yard, and brought to parks or woods for exploring. It's what makes them happy. All of this exercise generally means they're somewhat trim. Unless, of course, you rescued an older dog who's a lazy bastard. But still.

Fat Dog = Questionable Doggie Parenting Skills. :-(
Dog
Elwood

Post by Dog »

I hope the fucker get ass-raped in prison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW0dhh_Aj6A
Religious Warfare: Adults arguing over who has the best imaginary friend.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

As the local radio hacks pointed out yesterday "great opportunity for Joey Harrington, but could the Falcons have picked a worse QB for their offensive scheme?"

I'm sure Joey cam muster better than a 50% completion rate, but he's a classic pocket guy. Their whole offense is built around a moving pocket. They better get Joey some serious reps in camp/preseason, or they're fairly fucked.

Plus, those veteran recievers might have forgotten how to catch a ball that actually hits their numbers by now.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

You could at least call him by his real name Kunta Kinte.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

orcinus wrote:federal courts have a 95% conviction rate following an indictment.
hmmm, that doesn't bode well for Ron......
War Wagon wrote:
I adopted a sweet German Shepard mix there a few years ago......Needless to say, I bailed Toby out of that shit hole and he's now the fattest, dumbest, and luckiest dog the planet.
there's a mended fence reset somewhere in there......
get out, get out while there's still time
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Felix wrote:

Definitely. I think the entire T1B membership just went into comedic overload, and the funny-circuit has to cool down before the epicosity sets in.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

mvscal wrote:
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Goodell can't, and won't, do anything until Vick is found guilty.
Guess again.

Care to elaborate? Or does just going "nuh-uh" considered a decent response these days. Specifically address the fact that Vick hasn't been arrested before.

I think there's a better chance of the Falcons cutting Vick before Goodell stepping in. Anyone know the salary cap implications and at what point in time (now?) would Atlanta take the lowest hit to their cap figure?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Felix wrote:
orcinus wrote:federal courts have a 95% conviction rate following an indictment.
hmmm, that doesn't bode well for Ron......
War Wagon wrote:
I adopted a sweet German Shepard mix there a few years ago......Needless to say, I bailed Toby out of that shit hole and he's now the fattest, dumbest, and luckiest dog the planet.
You mean like this?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

The problem the Falcons have is that they have so much money wrapped up in Vick right now. I am not sure the numbers but the cap hit from releasing him would cripple them for the next few years at least. So they might just take a wait and see approach on the ordeal. They could suspend him with pay to appear they are doing something to him and send the message to Vick they are behind him if he does get off the mess without going to jail. Then they could pick him up saying he wasn't guilty and not lose any more ground in the development of the team. If he comes back guilty they release him then and take the hit to the cap but gain favor for doing the "right" thing.

If I was the Falcons I would see if there was any breach of contract and pursue getting money back from Vick for his illegal activities. Once proven that is.

This is pretty serious stuff and Vick looks like he has little chance of getting out of it if we are to believe the press. If this is indeed the fact, the Falcons will be dropping him before the NFL has to do anything to him. But Goodal will probably take credit for it for cleaning up the image of the league.
Save me some of that corn for laters...
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

BSmack wrote:
You mean like this?

dat's what I'm talkin bout...... :lol: :lol:

racks around B
get out, get out while there's still time
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

From NFL.com
STATEMENT FROM AN NFL SPOKESMAN:

We are disappointed that Michael Vick has put himself in a position where a federal grand jury has returned an indictment against him. We will continue to closely monitor developments in this case, and to cooperate with law enforcement authorities. The activities alleged are cruel, degrading and illegal. Michael Vick's guilt has not yet been proven, and we believe that all concerned should allow the legal process to determine the facts. The matter will be reviewed under the League's Personal Conduct Policy

From SI.com

NFL will proceed cautiously on Vick
Goodell likely to wait before suspending Falcons QB

Posted: Wednesday July 18, 2007 11:22AM; Updated: Wednesday July 18, 2007 2:36PM

The most telling 23 words regarding Michael Vick's immediate future as a football player came late in the NFL's statement about the alleged heinous, dastardly and despicable acts that led to charges being filed against the former savior of the Atlanta Falcons.

Michael Vick's guilt has not yet been proven, and we believe that all concerned should allow the legal process to determine the facts.

With that, rookie commissioner Roger Goodell sent a strong message: This is not going to be the Duke lacrosse case. The NFL is not going to preemptively strike against a player with a relatively clean slate, as Vick has
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:[/i]The NFL is not going to preemptively strike against a player with a relatively clean slate, as Vick has

Ya'know... In the Court of Dinsdale Opinion, once you don the cornrows, and make it clear you want to be a fixture in the "hip hop culture," it removes any "benefit of the doubt" that others are granted.

Eye for an eye --once the feds find him guilty... and let's remember this ain't Qyntel Woods versus Multnomah County Oregon, this ain't even LA Country versus OJ, this is the feds -- there's no comparison in resources between even LA County and the feds...

anyway, when he's found guilty, he should be hanged, doused with water, and electrocuted. Then I could get a laugh out of something that has so far only turned my stomach.

Eye for an eye, beyyyyyotch.
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mike the Lab Rat »

From SI.com

With that, rookie commissioner Roger Goodell sent a strong message: This is not going to be the Duke lacrosse case. The NFL is not going to preemptively strike against a player with a relatively clean slate, as Vick has
Yes, because, for all we know, the dogs involved could be lying. Which would be tragic, since the incidents of dogs making false reports of abuse and dogfighting makes it so much tougher when dogs really ARE abused.

But c'mon, even if the dogs are lying, we all know that SOMETHING was goin' down...I say that Vick and his friends should fry and face a beat down.
THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I would RACK you Lab Rat, except your fatal flaw --

Vick is black. He's innocent by default.
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mike the Lab Rat »

Dinsdale wrote:Vick is black. He's innocent by default.
Dammit. You're right.

Now I guess I'll start working on my pet theory of how it's the white patriarchal hegemony that's forcing Crayola to keep putting white crayons in the boxes. Why ELSE would they be there? Nobody needs white crayons! The coloring pages are ALREADY white!! The white crayons are claiming a share of space while the darker crayons do all the work!!.
THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.