RACK the Anteaters

PING!

The Tourney has begun!

Moderators: Left Seater, Mr T

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

RACK the Anteaters

Post by Mikey »

CS Fullerton elimintated in 13 innings, the longest game in CWS history.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

that was a hell of a game
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

GO EATERS......and down goes ASU......
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

UCI and ASU game was nails.
Our traditional start to the CWS here is to pick a team prior to the series and run with them. Omaha is known for adopting a team and UCI is that guy. Last year it was "we're bonkers for Beavers." Holds true most of the time, baseball not withstanding.
Well I can tell you most people in our office that care, were hoping for the Eaters to hang around.
Who'd of thunk it, but the dog usually gets the love and the Johnny was rockin' last night when those boys put on that clinic!
Hope they can move on but their pitching might well be leaking oil like my '52 Ferguson.
The road gets extremely tough for them the rest of the way.
Was a great ball game and the atmosphere was electric!
I really felt those kids fed off the Omaha crowd.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Thanks for the update 'husker. I couldn't watch the game but read in the local coverage here that the crowd had really gotten behind the Anteaters, chanting "Ol-lie, Ol-lie" at one point. The players said in the post game interviews that it was great to have the crowd's support and that they really fed off the energy.

They've had great pitching all season, and that's probably the biggest reason they've gotten as far as they have. It does seem like they're getting pretty worn though, and they've still got to beat OSU twice to make to the championship round where they could play another three games. The other teams don't have it any easier, though. Hopefully they can keep feeding off the crowd and their own adrenaline.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Omahaians(???) have quite the reputation for being the greatest neutral-site crowds to ever grace a stadium. Never heard an college player say anything but wonderful things after a trip to Omaha.

How stupid are the pollsters going to feel if/when OHHHHHHH.......ESSSSSSSS.....UUUUUUUUUUU goes in unranked and repeats?

To reiterate -- I HATE all things Beaver, but....it's kinda cool that Pat Casey A) Turned down a big contract to stay in the Valley where he's from, and B) Insists on filling his roster with Oregon kids, and only goes out of state when he can't find a suitable local. He's becoming something of a folk hero around these parts.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Ollie and I went to the same high school. Granted I went there in the dark ages but WTF.....I'm kind of an Eater alum...played lacrosse for them for a couple of years......We had sweatshirts on them that had an ant and it read.
EAT ME......
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

My kid is starting there in Sept. as a Regents' Scholar.

Guess we need to start stocking up on all Eater logo stuff.
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

Dinsdale wrote:Omahaians(???)
Omahans, I'm not one, but I work there.
By in large good people, but us out-staters (their name for us not ours) are the heartbeat of the state. I remind my co-workers whenever I get the chance, like to piss'em off like that.
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

Mikey wrote:My kid is starting there in Sept. as a Regents' Scholar.
Dayam, I suspect Mrs. Mikey is one sharp cookie.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Sure didn't come from this side...

BTW, my father in law is an Omahan. I've never been there though.
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

Mikey wrote:Sure didn't come from this side...

BTW, my father in law is an Omahan. I've never been there though.
Honest to gospel, I have no dog in Omaha's fight for recognition, but I've been plenty of places, from Jacksonville to Boston to Memphis to Cincinnati, to Detroit, to Chicago to KC to Dallas to San Antonio to OK City to Albuquerque, Vegas, LA, Diego, Frisco...that's enough... and many of the old free European countries' largest cities..

Anyway, none of those cities are as clean as Omaha. But of course Omaha isn't as large. The joint is well maintained I must say.
Now, to spend your life here...50 hours a week is about...50 hrs. too much for me.
Any other reason to visit other than the CWS just doesn't exist. The zoo is as good as any however, but you can see a camel just about anywhere.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Cornhusker wrote:

Anyway, none of those cities are as clean as Omaha.

http://www.rd.com/content/50-cleanest-d ... n-america/

Of course, Omaha wasn't large enough to qualify, so the link is somewhat moot. I just figured it would be dropping out of character to pass up a chance to claim U&L BODE.
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

Dinsdale wrote:
Cornhusker wrote:

Anyway, none of those cities are as clean as Omaha.

http://www.rd.com/content/50-cleanest-d ... n-america/

Of course, Omaha wasn't large enough to qualify, so the link is somewhat moot. I just figured it would be dropping out of character to pass up a chance to claim U&L BODE.
I thought of a disclamer for the U&L, I didn't pickoff Portland, well cuz, I've never been there. And I was taught by me wise ol' Pappy, who lived in Klamath Falls as a lad, that Oregon is down right beautiful. Plus I love rainey days.
I've discussed with my wife, I'd sure like to make that a vacation destination soon. She's not taking the bait as of yet.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

That survey must have visited Portland the day after the annual needle sweep.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Cornhusker wrote:me wise ol' Pappy, who lived in Klamath Falls as a lad

If you're over 75 years old, I'd ask if you were Luther's son. Pretty sure Luth grew up in KFalls.

KFalls -- Rednecks many...teeth few.

BTW -- Us Oregonians have a name for the area where KFalls is...we call it "Northern California."

And Mikey....yeah, whatever. There's only about 4 or 5 streets that are paved with needles. Hell, even our junkies keep the place clean.

The california transplants sure have been fucking things up over the last couple of decades, though. When I was a young'un, if you threw something out of the car window within sight of others...you just took an asskicking...no ifs, ans, buts. If bystanders or police asked what was up, a simple "he threw some garbage out his window" was all it took to recruit help, much less a legal excuse. I haven't seen anyone take a beating for littering in many years. "Keep Oregon Green" has become an ad campaign, rather than health advice like it once was.

Although I always got a kick out of "Keep Oregon Green." Us wetsiders are so arrogant, we don't even acknowledge that about 2/3rds of the state is brown freaking desert.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Eaters/Beavers??
cool !!
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

How can you top a game between the Beavers and the Eaters???
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

Dinsdale wrote:
Cornhusker wrote:me wise ol' Pappy, who lived in Klamath Falls as a lad

KFalls -- Rednecks many...teeth few.
Yeah that town is an embarrassment to our state.

Sincerely,

Grants Pass, Roseburg, Coos Bay, North Bend, Sandy, Springfield, Cottage Grove, Oakridge, Coquille, Powers, Myrtle Point, La Grande, Baker City, The Dalles, Junction City, Medford, Albany, Prineville, Estacada, Banks, Reedsport . . .
Dinsdale wrote:
Although I always got a kick out of "Keep Oregon Green." Us wetsiders are so arrogant, we don't even acknowledge that about 2/3rds of the state is brown freaking desert.
Yeah when I was a young kid my fam used to take roadies up to Yakima (WA mega-version of above-mentioned cities) to visit friends. We would cross the Columbia just pass The Dalles to signs that say "Welcome to Washington, The Evergreen State." This was before I learned the concept of the Rain Shadow and I though "that's bogus, this has to be the least green state in the Country."
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Q, West Coast Style wrote:Sincerely,

Grants Pass, Roseburg, Coos Bay, North Bend, Sandy, Springfield, Cottage Grove, Oakridge, Coquille, Powers, Myrtle Point, La Grande, Baker City, The Dalles, Junction City, Medford, Albany, Prineville, Estacada, Banks, Reedsport . . .

Don't you live in/around one of those?

I'd give the crown to Albany, though. Sure, Incesticada and Cranks give it a run for its money, but Albany is just brutal.

And if you factor in the drug-addicted Native American crowd, Madras is a pretty serious player.

Ahhhh, Eastern Washington...what a slice of heaven. Did you know there's 256 different types of native sagebrush? It stays "evergreen" much of the year...only thing that freaking grows there without irrigation, and if they keep watering everything with Hanford runoff, there could well be many more species. Makes great habitat for the timber rattlers, though(why do they call them "timber snakes" when there's no timber there? I'll have to ponder this for several milliseconds).

Not sure I wanna live anywhere where A) critters living in my yard can kill me, and B) Cow tipping is a team sport.