MtLR, your thoughts?

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

MtLR, your thoughts?

Post by Diogenes »

So am I the only one here who finds this commercial slightly annoying?

Mr. Over-Zealous Foul Ball Catcher

bud light presents real men of genius

(real men of genius)

Today we salute you, Mr. Over-Zealous Foul Ball Catcher.

(Mr. Over-Zealous Foul Ball Catcher)

You're nowhere close to that foul ball headed toward the bleachers, who cares? You're going for it.

(That ball's mine)

Hot dog vendors, old ladies, infants, you mow them over like a diesel powered combine.

(YEAH!!)

Ashamed of your souvenir pervert? Hardly. You scratch and gouge your way to the ball like a blood thirsty wolverine.

(You're a feisty rodent)

So crack open an ice-cold Bud Light Mr. Bully of the Bleachers, because why pay for a souvenir when you can fight for one?

BTW, my pal Logan says those Bud Lite execs might want to check their insurance policies...
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

And yes, I was bored.

ImageImage
Ang
Jumpin' Little Juke Joint Gal

Post by Ang »

Dio,

You missed the global social implications and any reference to the war in Iraq, and whether or not any friends of Paris Hilton have actually been intimidated by a foul ball at a baseball game :).

Gotta get your ass in gear and make a huge deal about nothing. What in the hell were you thinking?

But for those of us who have been to a few baseball games, it sounds like an annoying commercial...just read it but would have to see it to say it for real. I've never seen an obnoxious foul ball catcher, but maybe that's just where I have always sat in games at STL, San Diego, and in LA when I drove up for games...always in the cheap seats. Saw a guy beaned in the face in batting practice for a large line drive before a game tho, which was not a pretty sight, and heard it before I saw him taken away. Tthwwaaack!

Bottom line is that baseball fans (and it sounds like you are one, and I still am but don't follow it much anymore) usually don't take part in this type of discussion...they have all spent years following a game that is wonderful and fun, and a regular fodder for jokes, but not for folks that don't have an attention span long enough to see a play or even a whole game unfold.

So, even as much as I love the subject of baseball, and how fun it is...I'm thinking that you are just pissed that the foul ball catcher guy didn't admit that he was on steroids :)

Ang
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Actually baseball bores the hell out of me. But then again, the fact that I was asking for the opinion of a biology teacher (allegedly) on this little POS commercial was probably a little too subtile...

Aside from that, nice diatribe.

ImageImage
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Diogenes wrote:Actually baseball bores the hell out of me. But then again, the fact that I was asking for the opinion of a biology teacher (allegedly) on this little POS commercial was probably a little too subtile...

Aside from that, nice diatribe.
Dio, as one who "never bounced a ball or swung a bat," you are, like Little Dorrit, excused from any competitive, stressful, or otherwise perspiritory activities and any effects thereof. However, the lampooned over-zealous foul-ball catcher is for real. I saw it and couldn't believe it. The insurance salesman butterball was right behind me, yammering as though on Ritalin. And when indeed a foul pop came streaking in--he dove straight over the next row, , ,a five-year-old (traumatized) former fan--and did not make the catch.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

I love it when some big "over-zealous" type drops the ball and the person that gets it gives it to the kid sitting near him !
(this retired biology teacher's 2¢)
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Re: MtLR, your thoughts?

Post by RevLimiter »

Diogenes wrote:So am I the only one here who finds this commercial slightly annoying?

Mr. Over-Zealous Foul Ball Catcher

(real men of genius)

Today we salute you, Mr. Over-Zealous Foul Ball Catcher.

You're nowhere close to that foul ball headed toward the bleachers, who cares? You're going for it.

(That ball's mine)

Hot dog vendors, old ladies, infants, you mow them over like a diesel powered combine.

(YEAH!!)

Ashamed of your souvenir pervert? Hardly. You scratch and gouge your way to the ball like a blood thirsty wolverine.

(You're a feisty rodent)

So crack open an ice-cold Bud Light Mr. Bully of the Bleachers, because why pay for a souvenir when you can fight for one?

BTW, my pal Logan says those Bud Lite execs might want to check their insurance policies...
Poptart, I thought you ran this bold-type tard.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I checked his stats. poptart has officially run 743 trolls, dio amoung them. Apparently dio didn't get the "you've been run" PM. Yet another example of mods falling down on the job. C'mon guys, get with it. You'd think with a 6 figure salary, company car, full medical/dental coverage and free beer, we would get a better caliber of mod, but, I guess not.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

You want me to unbold all of his posts? That'd really get him going...:lol:
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

That's never been tried before.

OCmike=Spamurai Gayblade?

Who would have guessed?

ImageImage
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

(real men of genius)

Today we salute you, Mr. UBB Message Board Post Bolder.

(Mr. UBB Message Board Post Bolder)

You've got nothing to say worth reading, we know it and you know it, but does that stop you from bolding your post? Hell no!

(Add some UBB code!)

One sentence yawners, non-sequiters and scroll-wheel testing diatribes...it doesn't matter to you.

(Make it BOLD!!)

Fearful of going unnoticed, hoping and praying people won't pass your post by without at least a cursory scan, you bold that puppy without shame.

(Pay attention to me now)

So crack open an ice-cold Bud Light Mr. Baron of the Bold, because why attract readers to your posts by gaining a reputation of writing something worth reading when you can just bold the shit out of it?

(Mr. UBB Message Board Post Bolder)
The Whistle Is Screaming
Left-handed monkey wrench

Post by The Whistle Is Screaming »

smackaholic wrote:I checked his stats. poptart has officially run 743 trolls, dio amoung them. Apparently dio didn't get the "you've been run" PM. Yet another example of mods falling down on the job. C'mon guys, get with it. You'd think with a 6 figure salary, company car, full medical/dental coverage and free beer, we would get a better caliber of mod, but, I guess not.
Sorry man, but a lack of sobriety keeps us from caring.

wanna beer? ... they're free
Ingse Bodil wrote:rich jews aren't the same as real jews, though, right?
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Diogenes wrote:But then again, the fact that I was asking for the opinion of a biology teacher (allegedly) on this little POS commercial was probably a little too subtile...
More likely it was just dumb as all hell.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

hell, rack OCMike - but pray for his family.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Rootbeer

Post by Rootbeer »

Rack OCMike
Ain't nothin' like the real thing, baby.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

second

dohhhh!!!!!!

help me, boldface dude!!!!
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

^^^^^^ quite possibly the best halloween costume evah.

Actually, the priest with the alterboy hanging off his cahk is still #1, but, this is a close second.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

actually rack that radio commercial

i was in florida visiting my cousin(marlins first season) and decided to take him to a marlins game for his birthday. So we take the 3ish hour trip from satellite beach to miami. we get there early and he begins to start pounding the beers and yelling shit, so i call him a hoosier, he gets pissed and decides to watch the game outside the tunnel to our section. a couple innings go by, he's getting drunker and drunker,. a foul ball heads our way, i take a look and in the slowest fuckin motion eva, i notice my cousin with beer in hand diving for a ball that is 3 aisles away. Unfortunately for the people sitting next to him, he falls over trying to reach for the ball and spills beer all over a 8 year old kid and his father, this wasnt backwash, it was a full 24oz beer. i was so pissed, that i tried to get him a flight home instead of riding back with me, but to no avail, and his response to acting like a st.chaz hoosier? "can we stop by a 7-eleven to get a 12 packer for the ride home"

oh christ, he's such a dickwad
Mike Backer
Bozworth wanna be
Location: Middle of the formation, four yards from the line of scrimmage.

Post by Mike Backer »

Kaley was sitting down with a few of us when the waitress came up to get our order.
He was talking about driving in from Kansas, and all the traffic downtown.
"So how do I get back to 435?" he asked
The waitress said, "Well you might want to start with the salad"

^^^^^^This might be the funniest fucking thing I've read in a long fucking time.^^^^^^

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm the guy who tossed Mark Cuban's salad by proxy.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Word. Now THERE'S something worth bolding...:lol:
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Rack OCMike and Toddowen.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

OCmike wrote:So crack open an ice-cold Bud Light Mr. Baron of the Bold

Awesome.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

I would RACK OCMike, but I think his interferences are a little too subtile.