Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

OT Smardizja failing

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Samardzija failing in MLB bid?
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/6137

As Cubs prospect and former Notre Dame star receiver Jeff Samardzija warmed up for his season debut in April, the Brevard County (Fla.) Manatees blasted the USC fight song over the sound system. Samardzija is 0-5 this season. The Cubs bought him out of a possible NFL career in January, guaranteeing him $10 million. He has started 11 games this season, winning none, with a 5.75 ERA, a .349 opponents' batting average and only 20 strikeouts in 52 innings. The Cubs moved him to the bullpen last week.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I can't imagine it would be as hard for a wide receiver to come back to football from baseball as it is for a QB to make the transition. Drew Henson definitely couldn't hack it in the NFL after he left Michigan for the Yankees organization. It's a risky proposition for a football player to choose baseball but he's got that guaranteed money to help cushion his fall from grace.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

I would have preferred that Samardzija concentrate on football, but that's just my opinion. In any event, it's still a little early to call him a bust in baseball. And as Shoalzie pointed out, it's probably easier for him to make the transition to football, if need be, than it would have been for somebody like Henson.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

He was drafted by the cubs...people are surprised he is shit?

Hell I am a cub fan and I knew that he would turn out shit just because he is a cub.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

He was drafted by the Cubs to pitch, and has made it through several games without an injury.

That's not a "bust," that's a "raging success" by Cubs standards.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

...i laughed....

Sin,

Mace
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Wait....So. Cal is ripping Nd fan for an athlete who's a bust.....Christ the list is just as long for $C athlete students.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

who is ripping ND fan, just stating that he may have been better off playing football and pointing out that it was funny that to taunt him, the opposing teams stadium played Fight On over the loud speakers. I also thought it was funny that one MLB stadium played the White Snake song that Tawny Kitaen was in the video for when Chuck Finley was trying to warm up and they were getting divorced.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

SoCalTrjn wrote:I also thought it was funny that one MLB stadium played the White Snake song that Tawny Kitaen was in the video for when Chuck Finley was trying to warm up and they were getting divorced.
and remember how that ONE guy lost his fucking job, idiot? maybe THAT'S why only one stadium did that.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Ya think it may be a bit early to write a kid off?

Smakdhdjdghua still has the fatty signing bonus to cushion his fall from Mt. Lookatme. Don't hate the kid for following the cake. He made the right choice. He took the G-money, he'd be a non-factor in the NFL. Charlie Ward out front should have told you.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote:I also thought it was funny that one MLB stadium played the White Snake song that Tawny Kitaen was in the video for when Chuck Finley was trying to warm up and they were getting divorced.
and remember how that ONE guy lost his fucking job, idiot? maybe THAT'S why only one stadium did that.
because hyper sensitive cunts like yourself thought it was in bad taste?
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

WolverineSteve wrote:Ya think it may be a bit early to write a kid off?

Smakdhdjdghua still has the fatty signing bonus to cushion his fall from Mt. Lookatme. Don't hate the kid for following the cake. He made the right choice. He took the G-money, he'd be a non-factor in the NFL. Charlie Ward out front should have told you.
I wouldn't say he would be a non-factor in the NFL. He's still 6'5" with good speed and great hands.

His issue now is that this is the first time he has been a full time baseball player in his life. When Jeff Manship (ND's best pitcher while Samardzija was there) was playing in the Cape Cod league and throwing in the fall, Samardzija was playing football. He's a one pitch pitcher, and he is learning to pitch for the first time.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Smalkjajohoufhnqeuhfngouqwhfodja was smart. Take the money. If you succeed, there's lots more to be made at the MLB level than in the NFL. More than likely, he'll be much healthier (and wealthier) as an ex-baseball player than an ex-NFLer going over the middle. If he is a bust, he'll still have a chance at the NFL to be chewed up and spit out if he wishes.

He didn't go to ND because he was stupid as much as we like to hate on ND.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Frank Beamer's growth
Elwood

Post by Frank Beamer's growth »

If baseball doesn't work for him I'm sure he will get a chance somewhere playing football I still think he made the right move with the baseball career.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Update:

Samardzija was promoted to AA where he is 2-0 in two starts with a 1.46 ERA.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

wonder what size font they used to put his name on the back of the jersey.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

wonder what size font they used to put his name on the back of the jersey.
Probably 1/8" or it goes from his left shoulder across his back, down the right side, across the small and up the left side.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

the Cubs organization should be ok with that, mark grudzialanek came up with them
Killian

Post by Killian »

SoCalTrjn wrote:the Cubs organization should be ok with that, mark grudzialanek came up with them
I thought he came up with the Expos?
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Killian wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote:the Cubs organization should be ok with that, mark grudzialanek came up with them
I thought he came up with the Expos?
yup, Expos. and the Dodgers.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

This thread was started by a fucking tool.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.