Bill France DEAD

Please donate to the War Wagon memorial A/C fund.

Moderator: War Wagon

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Bill France DEAD

Post by BSmack »

Just saw it on Yahoo's race ticker.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slu ... &type=lgns

It's the end of an era.

RIP
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
chargerfan
Elwood

Post by chargerfan »

So have they decided on a paint scheme/logo placement for the casket yet? It will probably look something like this with the Number 07 on the side and all the tiny stickers the drivers have on the side of their cars like stp, Raybestos, Busch Beer, Edelbrock, Simpson etc...

RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

OTST.
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

chargerfan

that might have been posted in bad taste...no, it WAS.

if that is your opinion...FINE.

Bill France Jr. revolutionised a HICK Thing to being the #2 Televised Sport in the US of A.

Mocking the Legacy of Bill France Jr. is just plain dumb.

He took a "regional Sport" and grew it into the Monstrosity that it is.

"stickering UP" a Casket.....well, i'll be your 1st FISH on the HOOK...i guess.

remember what Pete Rozelle did for the NFL...Bill France Jr. did the same and more for NASCAR.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Bill France DEAD

Post by War Wagon »

BSmack wrote: It's the end of an era.
Not really. Brian France and Mike Helton are going to run NASCAR much like Bill did. With an iron fist. Still, he will be missed. It's doubtful it ever would have grown into what it has without his leadership.

Loved this quote from the article you linked.
...he uttered his standard response when asked how he was doing.

"I'm on the right side of the grass," the irascible France said, "and there aren't any roots growing out of my ass."
Not the case now obviously, but Rack that anyway.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

chargerfan wrote:So have they decided on a paint scheme/logo placement for the casket yet? It will probably look something like this with the Number 07 on the side and all the tiny stickers the drivers have on the side of their cars like stp, Raybestos, Busch Beer, Edelbrock, Simpson etc...

You know, that doesn't really bother me and it seems kinda' appropriate, actually.

No harm done.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

War Wagon wrote:
chargerfan wrote:So have they decided on a paint scheme/logo placement for the casket yet? It will probably look something like this with the Number 07 on the side and all the tiny stickers the drivers have on the side of their cars like stp, Raybestos, Busch Beer, Edelbrock, Simpson etc...

You know, that doesn't really bother me and it seems kinda' appropriate, actually.

No harm done.
Concur. Methinks Q and KFC greatly misinterpreted the post.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

maybe.

if CFan would contribute more to the NASCAR...err...Motorsports Forum....i wouldn't be so Quick with the Hammer.

Sorry...upon 1st Glance--->it looked like a Slam.

R.I.P. Bill France....THANK YOU for ALL of your contributions!