Jeff Van Gundy fired from the Rockets

The Pro Hoopstahs

Moderator: Moorese

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Jeff Van Gundy fired from the Rockets

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

They're going to bring in Rick Adelman soon. Is that an upgrade? I don't see how. Van Gundy is solid, and Adelman always has undisciplined teams.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: Jeff Van Gundy fired from the Rockets

Post by Dinsdale »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:Adelman always has undisciplined teams.

That seem to find themselves in Conference Finals on a frequent basis.

[zysdale]Did some work for Rick Adelman. Seemed like a nice enough guy. Even shot some hoops on the SportCourt in his backyard.[/zysdale]

I've always thought Balkie was a good coach. But like he himself said, when you lose a game 7 at home, heads must roll. I think that's more a matter of the Rocket's fans and management thinking they're a better team than they are, but it's easier to change coaches for appeasement purposes than to get good players to fill in your gaps. TMac has always been one of those guys that looks sick on paper, but never seems to get it done when it counts, and his "sense of entitlement" doesn't mesh with what he's managed to accomplish...problem #1. Yao just gets better and better, but until he borrows some of that "sense of entitlement" from McGrady, he's not the next dominant postseason player, although the potential is there. Battier, is a very good utility player, one of those "stat sheet doesn't tell the story" guys, and is a solid piece of the foundation.

Other than that, their roster stinks. 3 guys who are good, surrounded by 9 who stink doesn't add up to deep playoff runs.

I've got a hunch Jeff Van Anklebiter won't have trouble finding a new job.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

Dinsdale wrote:
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:Adelman always has undisciplined teams.

I've got a hunch Jeff Van Anklebiter won't have trouble finding a new job.
He already did on TNT...was working the game the next night.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

He was working for TNT the same afternoon he got axed. Obviously, I meant a HC job. He's certainly proving to be a decent analyst, though.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Dinsdale wrote:

Other than that, their roster stinks. 3 guys who are good, surrounded by 9 who stink doesn't add up to deep playoff runs.
the kid from Illinois, Luthor Head (?), is a good player. potentially, very good.

i saw the Rockets once in person (sans Yao) and a few times on TV and i thought they looked like a well-coached team...but, then again, i spent most of my NBA time watching the Nuggets play (the dumbest team i've ever seen). i don't blame Karl, but JR Smith, Melo, and Linus Kleiza take more bad shots in bad situations night-in, night-out....it's unreal. and Melo's defense is hilarious to watch on a regular basis.

the only players on that team that could think their way out of a wet paper bag are AI, Camby, and Najera. the rest are serious hamheads.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

King Crimson wrote:Melo's defense is hilarious to watch on a regular basis.

Never more than that infamous moment, the one time he actually "ran back on defense"...with Mark Agguire hot on his heels.

He was just running back to the hood to "warn a brother."