uploading issues with bittorrent

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

Screw_Michigan

uploading issues with bittorrent

Post by Screw_Michigan »

alright, oink is crimping my game right now because i have uploading issues with bittorrent, i.e. 0 kb uploading. i've tried reading up on port forwarding in the past and most of the shit goes over my head. if anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be great.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

try another torrent product. What are you using? Have you tried bitlord?
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

bit tornado. i'll try bitlord tonight.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Are your settings at automatic?

0 kb at automatic means unlimited uploading, or whatever your ISP throttles the upload speed at.

Try manually setting it at dsl/cable slow or dsl/cable fast.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Donovan
Big In Japan

Post by Donovan »

Screw_Michigan wrote:bit tornado. i'll try bitlord tonight.
BidLord is not allowed on OiNK. Read this topic to see what clients you can use: http://oink.me.uk/forums.php?action=vie ... icid=53783

I use utorrent since it's small and runs nicely in the background, but it's Windows only. Azureus is also good. It is full-featured, but can be a resource hog.

It's hard to tell what's causing your issue. Are you sure you're seeding?
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

d, i'm pretty sure i'm seeding. when i dl a show or something, i let it run after it has finished because i understand the whole ratio concept. but while BT tells me i'm getting 150-200 k/bs DLs, when i should be uploading at 25 kb/s or something, it says 0.

do you think you'll get more uploading speed with more leechers, or vice versa? thanks.
Donovan
Big In Japan

Post by Donovan »

Yeah, the more leechers the more demand on the seeders. If you give me your OiNK username I can maybe figure out why you aren't uploading at all.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

What is OiNK?
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
Donovan
Big In Japan

Post by Donovan »

OiNK is an amazing bittorrent site. It's very strict, and takes some effort to keep an account in good standing, but I've reaped many rewards since I joined.

I can send you an invite if you'd like. Let me know your email address.