Dale Jr. leaving DEI

Please donate to the War Wagon memorial A/C fund.

Moderator: War Wagon

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Dale Jr. leaving DEI

Post by BSmack »

He says he won't race a Ford next year. So is it going to be Gibbs or RCR?

He'll go with RCR. Even though the smart choice would be to go with Gibbs.

React?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slu ... &type=lgns
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I think Jr. will go to RCR and resurrect the #3. It was only a matter of time before something like this had to happen. The big question with that move though is do they go with 4 teams, or will Bowyer be odd man out?

I really don't understand the timing of this. The #8 team will now be a lame duck for the rest of the season. Why not wait and make this announcement later? You have to think there are plans already in place for where he's going, or maybe he just starts up his own Cup team? I can't see him up and burning bridges unless he had a damn good idea of where he was going.

I'm sorta' torn both ways by this right now. Everyone's going to point the finger at Teresa for being the witch step-mom who blew up DEI's legacy, but I don't know. There's more here than meets the eye. I guess we'll see how this all shakes out over the next 6 months.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

War Wagon wrote:I really don't understand the timing of this. The #8 team will now be a lame duck for the rest of the season.
I think you just answered your own question. This will force Teresa's hand to either step to the plate with an offer Jr. "can't refuse", or make the deal everybody is talking about with Robert Yates. My guess is that she buys out Yates and tries to show the world she can do it without Jr. Not that Jr. will be hurting either way. But if he waited until the end of season to make that announcement, he wouldn't have nearly the negotiating leverage he has now.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Either way Teresa just helped to undo a company that Dale Sr. intended to leave to his children. Watching the most lucrative sponsor in ALL of motorsports walk out the door as well at the end of the year can't taste too good, either.
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

RevLimiter wrote:Either way Teresa just helped to undo a company that Dale Sr. intended to leave to his children.
I'm not exactly a Teresa fan. But if Dale Sr. meant to leave that company to his kids, he could have done it. All 3 of his children were of legal age when he passed.
Watching the most lucrative sponsor in ALL of motorsports walk out the door as well at the end of the year can't taste too good, either.
I'm sure it flat out sucks. Teresa's got a lot of work on her hands if she wants to hang onto her share of the pie. DEI needs to get Hendrick big or else.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I'm sure that where ever Jr. goes, Budweiser will go there with him. He's pretty much the lynch pin and cash cow behind their entire marketing effort and won't let him go at any cost.

It may take some getting used to, but I guess I could envision the black #3 car decked out in red trim with Budweiser splashed across the hood. Think of the souvineer and T-shirt potential alone. We're talking about in the hundreds of million $$$ here.

I had hoped to some day see the Black Goodwrench #3 car again, but maybe that's not meant to be. When I really think about it, it'd be almost impossible for Jr. to live up to Daddy's reputation in that #3 car, so it might not be in his best interest to go that route afterall.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

I've said this all along and even called Chris Myers on FoxSports to tell him the reason Kevin Harvick is driving the Shell car is because Jr. is going to drive the #3 Goodwrench car next season.

I'm pretty sure I stated this on this same page 1 in this forum a few months back.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

War Wagon wrote:I'm sure that where ever Jr. goes, Budweiser will go there with him. He's pretty much the lynch pin and cash cow behind their entire marketing effort and won't let him go at any cost.
Oh I'm sure there's a point where the folks at Bud would say "Screw it, we'll go back to talking frogs." The question is how much money someone else (like GM) would be willing to lay out to make AB back off.
It may take some getting used to, but I guess I could envision the black #3 car decked out in red trim with Budweiser splashed across the hood. Think of the souvineer and T-shirt potential alone. We're talking about in the hundreds of million $$$ here.
I kinda like the idea of Hendrick Motorsports showing Casey Mears the door and creating a superteam with Gordon, Johnson, Earnhardt and Kyle Busch. It would be enough to make your head melt. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I had hoped to some day see the Black Goodwrench #3 car again, but maybe that's not meant to be. When I really think about it, it'd be almost impossible for Jr. to live up to Daddy's reputation in that #3 car, so it might not be in his best interest to go that route afterall.
I think driving the black #3 would be the worst thing for Dale Jr. However, it probably would be the best thing that could happen to NASCAR. Maybe after watching the #3 car bring up the back of the pack a few times, people will finally get past this cult of the #3.

Nah, probably not.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Louis Cyphre
Elwood

Post by Louis Cyphre »

Hearing this news makes me think of the woman I saw at Universal Studio Orlando. I shit you not, she had Jr's red, number 8 tattooed on her shoulder. When I first saw her, I got a chuckle and thought of the commercial Jr. did where he changed his number to 6.8 and all his fans freaked out. Now I hear this and chuckle even harder.
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

BSmack wrote:Maybe after watching the #3 car bring up the back of the pack a few times, people will finally get past this cult of the #3.

Nah, probably not.
Probably not is right.

Sr. had his share of DNF's and that never once hurt his image with the legions. Folks identified with Earnhardt for more than just winning. I'm not sure there's a logical way to explain why people venerated that old cuss the way they did.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Jr. is doing what Jr. has to do. Put yourself in his place and see if you would feel any different and do any different than he is doing. This is one reason I despise blended families. It's mostly personal what is happening here. If you think about it, your life revolves around personal issues. Teresa is the one who needs to give in this situation. Period. And she's not doing that. Don't tell me that Sr. left this to her, blah, blah, blah. The guy wasn't planning on dying prematurely. I wasn't really around when Sr. died. I remember reading about it and it being a really big deal with the fans. But I wasn't connected as much as I am now. I like Jr. I'm sure I would have liked Sr. I'm not a fan of Jr., but I like him. I like the fact that he stays pretty low key, unlike some others and he's not a meltdown character. Anyway, I saw this coming and also see maybe a reconciliation with DEI. If not, Dale will not be bitter. It's not his character. By the way, those drive by idiots that inhabit this place need to go F themselves. No respect for the Goobers and Cyphres.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

trev wrote:By the way, those drive by idiots that inhabit this place need to go F themselves. No respect for the Goobers and Cyphres.
Maybe if more of the regulars posted more racing takes, the "drive bys" would stick around. My charms can only propel this board so far.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

BSmack wrote:
trev wrote:By the way, those drive by idiots that inhabit this place need to go F themselves. No respect for the Goobers and Cyphres.
Maybe if more of the regulars posted more racing takes, the "drive bys" would stick around. My charms can only propel this board so far.
I wouldn't mind the drive-bys if they had a take that didn't suck. Not the case here.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

BSmack wrote:
...snicker...

i haven't been able to get a grasp of this story over the past 24 hours....nor, have i been able to research it.

i'm gonna GUESS that this forces Teresa to GIVE IN to giving JR. the Majority Ownership---->Finally!!!!!

Teresa has Way too much to Lose; and Martin Truex Jr. isn't gonna PULL as a FACE of a Company.

Jr. knows that DEI is practically sunk without Him...and that's his whole point for wanting majority ownership...duh-OIiii

officially announcing that he is leaving....just another bargaining chip
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I don't have a problem with the drive byes. Perhaps they're not into NASCAR as much, and that's cool. Doesn't mean they can't offer up some objective takes.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

wOw...do you smoke'em Peace Pipe Too????

:mrgreen:
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

trev wrote:
BSmack wrote:
I wouldn't mind the drive-bys if they had a take that didn't suck. Not the case here.

So I can mark you down as another Gordon hater?

So you weren’t around when Earnhardt Sr bought the farm, but now you’re a big NASCAR fan. Probably because Jim Rome said it’s cool now. I’ve been following NASCAR for something like 30 years. I'm not a fanatic, but I enjoy most forms of auto racing. I remember watching the first flag-to-flag coverage of the Daytona 500 in 1979.

That was the race where Cale Yarborough and Donnie Allison crashed fighting for the lead on the final lap. Bobbie Allison came around and stopped to see if his brother was OK and maybe needed a ride back to the pits.
Cale tried to blame Bobby for the wreck. Bobby writes, “I questioned his ancestry.” Cale hit Bobby in the face with his helmet. Bobby saw blood … then saw RED. “I said to myself, ‘I have to get out of this car and address this right now or run from him the rest of my life. So, I got out of the car. And with that, Cale went to beating on my fist with his nose.’”
Go fuck yourself, you drunken hausfrau.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

War Wagon wrote:I don't have a problem with the drive byes. Perhaps they're not into NASCAR as much, and that's cool. Doesn't mean they can't offer up some objective takes.
Aight. That's cool.

Goobs, wipe the shit off your feet before you come in here. We'll give decrepit old men a pass.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Having a little shit on your shoes is simply a by-product of kicking ass. Try to wipe a little better next time.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Lose the beard, Jr. It doesn't make you look tough or mature, just fuglier than you already are. And while you're at it, do something about that freaking zit on your adams apple. Hasn't Kelly taught you anything? Sheesh!

RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Don't hate the playa....hate the game.
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
Louis Cyphre
Elwood

Post by Louis Cyphre »

* DRIVE BY ALERT * * DRIVE BY ALERT * * DRIVE BY ALERT *

trev wrote:No respect for the Goobers and Cyphres.

I'm sorry, was that you I saw with the #8 tattoo?
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Here ya' go Bri.

Ixnay on the Hendrick talk. The mere thought of that makes my blood boil.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/6800276