NBA Championship

The Pro Hoopstahs

Moderator: Moorese

Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

Game 2 is tonight. Although I would love to see the Suns win the series, if they don't figure out a way to slow down Tony Parker they are going to lose. I still think the series will be close but PHX can't let Parker go off for 30 or so. Game 1 definitely could have gone either way. I love how people say PHX self-destructed without Nash......of course they did, he's the freakin' MVP. How do you suppose San Antonio would look without Duncan? The old Bulls without Jordan? The old Blazers without Walton...sup Dins?

Both teams did play good defense and frankly they made shots when they needed to. I'm looking forward to another entertaining game tonight. I think PHX gets it done in basically a must win situation.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Diogenes wrote:Don't be so hard on yourself. As long as Nick Frisco is around you're only a close second.

So, in a thread in which you're getting pile-on for being fucking stupid, hardly leaving any room for others to insert plungers because of the number you already inserted yourself...

You thought "IKYABWAI" was a good way to go?

This is why you are a board bitch and a superlative tard.

Mook wrote:How do you suppose...the old Blazers would look without Walton...sup Dins?

That doesn't take too big a stretch of the imagination -- we got to see that about every other game.

Recently, Maurice Lucas has been on the record with "I told you so." This is in regards to keeping Moses Malone after the ABA dispersal. Luke thought the young'un was going to be quite the beast, and thought if the Blazers kept him, they could keep Walton's minutes way down, which would enable him to go on more regular championship runs. Maybe it was finances, maybe it was something else, but they dealt Malone before the season started. I think the rest is history. Walton had a meltdown on the medical staff and went to the Clippers(genius move), and The Great Butt went on to become one of the greatest to ever play.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

Dinsdale wrote:
Diogenes wrote:Don't be so hard on yourself. As long as Nick Frisco is around you're only a close second.

So, in a thread in which you're getting pile-on for being fucking stupid....
Getting 'pile-on'? Is that what those mosquitoes are supposed to be?

And it should be piled-on, spellcheck boy.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Dinsdale wrote:

So, in a thread in which you're getting pile-on for being fucking stupid, hardly leaving any room for others to insert plungers because of the number you already inserted yourself...

You thought "IKYABWAI" was a good way to go?

This is why you are a board bitch and a superlative tard.
And to top it off, Nickyboy doesn't even post in this forum.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

HA!

I intentionally left the "d" off the end.

That's right -- I trolled you.

I now have a big fat pile of DioBODE.

See how that works, you fucking retard?
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Dinsdale wrote:I intentionally left the "d" off the end.

That's right -- I trolled you.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
I might actually buy that if you weren't such a fucking idiot. Not to mention tedious. Enjoy your 'piled-on', bitch.

As far as game 2 goes, one thing I liked in game 1 was having Bell and Marion defending Parker. They should continue with that. It won't keep him from scoring (nothing much will) but it should slow him down and make him take harder shots. They need to double Duncan earlier (especially if Amare is covering him-they can't afford to have him pick up early fouls).

Oh yeah, try to mix in a few rebounds. Letting your opponent get off five shots in one possession won't cut it.
Last edited by Diogenes on Tue May 08, 2007 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Wow. Just wow. The complete and utter lack of basketball knowledge just keeps coming...

First, I didn't realize the Suns had signed anyone named "Andre" for the playoff roster.

Second...yeah, better slow Parker and the Spurs down. I mean, everyone knows that the slower the game is played, the more the Suns thrive, right?

Great googly moogly.

As far as rebounding...you mean the Suns aren't a stellar rebounding team? With that cast of pussies? Who woulda thunk it? It's not the worst thing to give up offensive rebounds, so long as you're getting some back on the other end. But since Phoenix was THE WORST offensive rebounding team in the league, there's little hope of that.

There's another name for a players that don't crash the offensive glass in the playoffs...they're called "amateur golfers."

Doubling Duncan ain't going to do shit. Last ten years out front should have told you. To combat a dominant post player who can pass, you deny him position, and deny the entry. Who on the Dones is going to grind Duncan off the block? This Andre guy? Other than some player who has yet to make his debut in a Suns uni, I don't see that happening.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Of course I meant Amare, dumbfuck. I was just trolling you again.

You anklebiters are so predictable.

ImageImage
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Ah, that age old dilemma -- if a monumental fucking retard board bitch cries "anklebiter" in the forest, does anyone outside of Kansas City hear it?
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Dinsdale wrote:

Yawwwwwwwn.

Next.

ImageImage
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Man, that's sure some cutting edge smack you run there.

And you wonder why you're a board bitch...hilarious.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Nice bounceback by Phx. They came out playing even better defensively. And 63 percent shooting in the last 3 quarters didn't hurt, either.

Game 3 should be interesting. Wish I could be there this year.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Puttting Kurt Thomas on Duncan was huge. Kept Amare out of foul trouble and made TD work for his points (which he was going to get anyway) without double teaming.

Is it Saturday yet?

ImageImage
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Great effort by the Suns. I thought that Thomas was going to sit early with foul trouble, but the normally wise Poppedtoomanyzits got away from abusing him down low. I thought that was a tactical error on his part. Other side of the coin, D'Antoni did a nice job of takling it at TD and getting him in foul trouble.

But...Phoenix had an outstanding game from the field. The Spurs had tight-rim-itis. If the same game plans were hypothetically executed in SA, home court has a strange way of loosening up the rims. Doesn't bode well for Phoenix.

I'm guessing that SA will have Duncan do two things a little differently from this game -- he'll post up low a lot more earlier in the game, and they'll have him be a little less aggressive on the bail-out defense. In order to win, the Spurs need to ride that horse as far as his legs will take them, and having him sitting on the bench with fouls isn't the way to do that. Maybe tighten up the defensive rotation a little bit to allow some of the "lesser players" to get in there and hack away as a last-line defense, rather than having Timmy try and make an ill-advised block attempt. Big Shot doesn't play many minutes, and has never seemed to have much problem committing "playoff-style" fouls.

And I've always been a fan of Bone Barry, even though he played for some teams I really hate, starting with college. But SA really needs to get something out of the guy. If nothing else, he's got 6 fouls to lend to the effort. Make them count.

This is by far the best matchup of the second round. GS/Utah is nothing more than fodder for the winner of Phoenix/SA(which will be SA), and NJ/LeEgos are vying to be humiliated by Detroit.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Dinsdale wrote:And I've always been a fan of Bone Barry, even though he played for some teams I really hate, starting with college. But SA really needs to get something out of the guy. If nothing else, he's got 6 fouls to lend to the effort. Make them count.
Exactly. He was one of the reasons the Spurs lost to Dallas last year, not so much because of his defensive skills, or lack thereof, but dude couldn't hit shit from shinola. Game 2 didn't exactly look promising on the Barry front. He seems to have certain games where he's got it, especially at home ... we'll see in the next two games.
This is by far the best matchup of the second round. GS/Utah is nothing more than fodder for the winner of Phoenix/SA, and NJ/LeEgos are vying to be humiliated by Detroit.
Spot on.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

"Chippy" was the word I was thinking to describe the game tonight. Disney/ABC/ESPN stole my word, of course.

What a wild game. A few questionable non-calls against Nash and an obvious one against Ginobili.

What was up with keeping Bell and Barbosa out of the game for the majority of the second half?

At any rate, Duncan was a monster tonight ... hell, SA was a three-headed monster with Parker in the first half, Duncan, and Ginobili in the third quarter. About time he showed up.

To say Monday's game is going to be huge would be a gross understatement.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

I hate Tim Duncan.

ImageImage
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

RadioFan wrote:"Chippy" was the word I was thinking to describe the game tonight.

To say Monday's game is going to be huge would be a gross understatement.
Chippy is a great word to describe Saturday's game. PHX definitely spent too much time whining. Personally I think they have been on the short-end of the officiating, but that's basketball.....they need to get tougher and quit bitching so much. Stoudemire's foul trouble was really a big factor in the game Saturday and it's a crapshoot as to whether or not he can stay out of trouble tonight. If he does, I think PHX wins...if he rides the bench, PHX won't win....to me it's as simple as that.

This is a very big game for both team's tonight and it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Is Bowen going to be playing? I heard he might be in a little trouble for his "accidental" knee on Saturday.....Of course that may or may not be true.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to a great game tonight. Should be fun.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Mook wrote:Is Bowen going to be playing? I heard he might be in a little trouble for his "accidental" knee on Saturday.....Of course that may or may not be true.
He's playing.

I figure I'll have at least several dozen more gray hairs after tonight. Fuck, this series has been nerve-racking enough ... and now, this game could determine the whole thing.

The key for SA will be to do what they did through most of the first three quarters of last game: Deny Nash the passing lanes on defense, and continue to get Duncan some help offensively, ala Parker and Ginobili, and to a lesser extent, Horry and Finley.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Tipoff at 8:50 p.m. CT, btw, according to the Spurs' network.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Diogenes wrote:I hate Tim Duncan.
For the record, I don't like that Ginobili guy either.

Or Robert Horry.

Dickheads.

Don't even get me started on M. Finley...

ImageImage
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Diogenes wrote:
Diogenes wrote:I hate Tim Duncan.
For the record, I don't like that Ginobili guy either.

Or Robert Horry.

Dickheads.

Don't even get me started on M. Finley...
Oh Yeah...

FUCK OFF AND DIE, TONY PARKER!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Feel Better Now.

ImageImage
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

the spurs are scumbags. and dont tell me the suns are pussies. the spurs are just dirty./
help me scrape the mucus off my brain
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Keep The Faith, My Brother.

ImageImage
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

im not blacvk, but my two step- brothers are.

theyre not my real brothers. but i love them nonetheless.
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

marv albert is a douchebag

memo to marv: just because the crowd wants something doesnt mean you need to lobby for it.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

FFor the record. I still hate Tim Duncan.

And Tony Parker.

ImageImage
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

if i had a nickel for everytime marv says that the crowd wanted a certain call, i would have over three dollars. and im pretty sure i could kick steve kerrs ass.
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

gay
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

my nipples are hard
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

im pretty sure i broke eityher my hand opr my face tonight.

raiderfan must understand this and also abstain.

not your time.
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

dirty

bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

WINNER WINNER WINNER
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

WTF was that?

I saw it but I still don't believe it.

And Christina Aguilara is totally 2003....

ImageImage