NBA Championship

The Pro Hoopstahs

Moderator: Moorese

Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

NBA Championship

Post by Diogenes »

Suns vs Spurs. All the rest is just cleanup.

Props to the Warriors for making history and Dirk can go ahead and forget about being MVP.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: NBA Championship

Post by Dinsdale »

Diogenes wrote:Dirk can go ahead and forget about being MVP.

And why would that be, you ignorant fucking retard(although I'll give you props for spelling "MVP" correctly -- that's overachieving for you)?

Way to demonstrate your stupidity with no less than two completely moronic takes.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

If you don't think that (rightly or wrongly) getting bitchslapped by an 8 seed is going to affect the voting, you're even dumber than...

Okay, nevermind.

ImageImage
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Diogenes wrote:If you don't think that (rightly or wrongly) getting bitchslapped by an 8 seed is going to affect the voting, you're even dumber than...
Oh, dear.

OK, moron. You now have three(3) choices. By far your best option here is to leave this thread, which will expose you as the pussy you are, which would very doubtfully be news to anyone.

This is by far your best option.

Your second option is to apologize to this forum for being a dumbass. Your apology WILL include the words "I'm a dumbass."

Or, your last option is to simply let this thread run its course. This is probably your worst option, but you're a (confirmed) fucking idiot, so I doubt you'll do the wise thing.

Maybe you should have some fucking idea what you're talking about before you make a fool out of yourself...which would be a first.

Idiot.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Diogenes wrote:Suns vs Spurs. All the rest is just cleanup.
Yep.

Should be a great series.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

Diogenes wrote:If you don't think that (rightly or wrongly) getting bitchslapped by an 8 seed is going to affect the voting, you're even dumber than...

Okay, nevermind.
Ummm...............what?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mook wrote: Ummm...............what?

The "what" is about the same thing that happens every other time Dio tries to show us how smart he is.

But no, really -- that series is going to have a profound æffect on the MVP voting...really. Just ask Dio. He knows what's up.
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

Dinsdale wrote:
Mook wrote: Ummm...............what?

The "what" is about the same thing that happens every other time Dio tries to show us how smart he is.

But no, really -- that series is going to have a profound æffect on the MVP voting...really. Just ask Dio. He knows what's up.

Just think how important the next couple of series will be to the MVP voting!! ;)
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Oh, it's a display of brilliance all around.

Since Nash ran rough shot all over Smush Parker, it only stands to reason that he'll do the same to Chauncy Billups. I mean, simple logic dictates that if a run-and-gun team has their way with "the worst defensive team in history," they should do the same against the Pistons.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

In case anyone missed the irony...

Back before the all-star break, the Suns were just 1 game behind the Mavs when Nash went down. They subsequently went into a short skid, and never managed to catch up. Allowing the Mavs to get the 1 seed- and play the only team that has had their number all season (If I recall G S was 3-0 aginst them in the regular season). If not for the injury, the Suns might very well be the 1 seed, allowing Dallas to have swept the Lackers and still be alive. So even if Dirk won the MVP (and yes, he probably did-no 3 peats allowed) Nash still owns him. Without playing.

Suns in 6 BTW.

ImageImage
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls...

You have just witnessed the textbook example of a "backpedal." This may provide the benchmark by which all backpedals shall be judged.

Dude wasn't content to prove what a retard he was...he had to show what a pussy-assed bitch he was, too.

Yet he still tried to regale us with his "basketball knowledge."

Fuggin' priceless.

I'd still love an explaination as to how Dirk's no-show is going to æffect the MVP voting...care to elaborate for us, Diodumbass? Do tell us more...

Oh, and "in case anyone missed the irony," the dude who just proved beyond all doubt he knows little-to-nothing about the NBA STILL wanted to wow us with his insight, despite having just handed himself his own ass.

And this is why Dio is, was, and always will be a tard.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Well either I was unaware after following the NBA for over 30 years that the MVP voting is conducted at the end of the regular season...

Or I was just tossing that out to see which ankle-biters would think so. A not so classic example of a troll job.

Bitch.

And you forgot option 4 earlier-ignore the mental defectives in the peanut gallery.

Dismissed, loser.

ImageImage
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Ohhhhh, my goodness.

Please fucking tell me the Biggest Fucking Retard on this board didn't just try to play the "I was trolling" defense?

Please?

M2 and Fat Paul, move over...your reign of dominance just ended.

Moorese...archive this sucker, for when the year-end voting comes around. Quite possibly the worst case of self-abuse I've seen since Irie's fateful confession.

Holy crap...dude's putting on a fucking clinic.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I bet that crybaby shit Ladainian Tomlinson did after losing to New England will cost him in the MVP voting.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

IndyFrisco wrote:I bet that crybaby shit Ladainian Tomlinson did after losing to New England will cost him in the MVP voting.
Why not just stick to reminding everyone how the Suns will never win it all as long as Nash is leading the team, genius.

ImageImage
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Diogenes wrote:

Dirk can go ahead and forget about being MVP.
Don't change the subject. This is the reason for the beatdown.

Just Sayin.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

WolverineSteve wrote:Don't change the subject.
The subject is in the thread title. But feel free to join the ankle-biters, option 4 will work for you too.

ImageImage
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Didn't you get the memo, WS?

He was just trolling.

See, if you post something stupid and ignorant, and someone calls you out for it, it means the people who take him to the mat for it are "dumbasses." See how that works? He's invoked the auto-BODE feature.

I would think a Pistons fan would be more inclined to focus on his assertion that they shouldn't even bother playing the games, should the Suns and Pistons advance. Even though anyone with an ounce of knowledge would see that the Suns would have very little chance against a well-structured halfcourt team that executes their defensive sets well.

But either way, he's getting a hard-earned beatdown.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Oh, and of course -- anyone who bashes the tard's skull in for being stupid is an "ankle-biter."

It's part of the "advanced options" in using the auto-BODE feature.

You know...since he was "trolling" and all...which he was very quick to point out...as soon as the pile-on started.

Dude is going line-by-line through the boardbitch handbook.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

HA! I trolled the cops into arresting me. BODE.

Sin,
Stephen Jackson
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Now the Top Seed, Suns Prepare for Spurs

By ANDREW BAGNATO, AP Sports Writer

PHOENIX, May 4 (AP) -- The Phoenix Suns awoke Friday morning as the new top seed in the NBA playoffs.

The Dallas Mavericks' stunning first-round loss to Golden State has given the Suns home-court advantage throughout the playoffs because Phoenix's 61-21 regular-season record is best among the remaining clubs.

This isn't the "prize'' the Suns have had their eyes on all season, as their marketing slogan goes. But it's no small edge for a team that went 33-8 in U.S. Airways during the regular season and has won all three playoff games on its home floor.

Dallas' upset loss has also seemingly raised the stakes for the second-round matchup between the Suns and the San Antonio Spurs, which tips off Sunday at U.S. Airways Center.

"I think it's a Finals-type matchup, but there's still a lot of teams left to play, and a lot of the teams left can create a lot of problems for everyone,'' Phoenix point guard Steve Nash said.

Game 2 will be Tuesday night in Phoenix. The rest of the schedule has not been announced.

The winner of the Suns-Spurs series would meet Golden State, Houston or Utah for a berth in the NBA Finals. Those teams present problems but don't seem as intimidating as the Mavericks, who rolled to a league-best 67-15 record but are now making tee times.

But the Suns know better than to look past the Spurs, who bounced them from the 2005 Western Conference finals in five games.

"This team might be tougher than Dallas, and I've thought that all along,'' Suns guard Raja Bell said.

The Spurs have won 17 of the past 21 games between the clubs, including two of three during the 2006-07 regular season.

"We feel optimistic,'' San Antonio guard Manu Ginobili said. "We know that we can beat them.''

San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich wasn't interested in the restructured Western Conference bracket.

"Phoenix is a championship-caliber ballclub,'' Popovich said. "Enough said.''

Both the Suns and the Spurs cruised to five-game victories in the opening round, with Phoenix beating the Los Angeles Lakers and San Antonio defeating Denver.

As they do with every team, the Suns will try to impose their fast-paced style on the Spurs.

"We've got to get over 100 points,'' Phoenix coach Mike D'Antoni said. "That's going to be a big benchmark. If we score up in the 100s seven times, or how many times the series goes, we've got a heck of a chance of winning.''

The Spurs would prefer to play a half-court game, running their offense through forward Tim Duncan, who is averaging 20.2 points, 10.6 rebounds and 5.4 assists. But they have shown the ability to run with the Suns. In drubbing the Suns in the 2005 playoffs, San Antonio scored more than 100 points in all five games.

"I think you just have to be smart when you run, because we have Timmy and Timmy is going to do a lot of damage inside,'' San Antonio point guard Tony Parker said. "I think we can run with them a little bit. We just have to do it smart.

"I think we can play both ways, like in '05,'' Parker said. "When we had to play halfcourt, we played halfcourt. When we had to play fast, we played fast.''

In that series, Suns center Amare Stoudemire held his own against Duncan, averaging 37.0 points, most by a player in his first conference finals.

Before the following season, Stoudemire had knee surgery, and he has only recently returned to his old form. Stoudemire averaged 24.2 points and 13.6 rebounds in the first-round victory over the Lakers.

"I'm more polished than I was in '05, and we're a better team,'' Stoudemire said.

Nash said he expects Stoudemire to play a big role again.

"Hopefully, Amare will get his beauty sleep,'' Nash said with a grin.

But D'Antoni chided reporters seeking to compare this series to the one in 2005. For one thing, the Suns have since added Raja Bell and Kurt Thomas.

"You know, you guys are living in the past,'' D'Antoni said. "You've got to get to the future.''

The Suns' future will be short if they can't get past the Spurs. With Dallas eliminated, the San Antonio-Phoenix series may feel like the Western Conference finals. But it's only the second round.

"It's the two best teams in the West,'' Stoudemire said. "It's going to be a series the whole world wants to see.''

ImageImage
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

D'Antoni's correct -- Phx is a completely different team this year than in 2005, and I think homecourt will be even more of an advantage this year.

If you guys win this series, I'll be pulling for the Suns to win it all, but I think the Spurs -- with grandpas Horry and Finley -- have one more run in them. Spurs in 7.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

The thing about the Spurs is that they seem equally comfortable (and capable) playing halfcourt or going run and gun. There are teams that try to force the tempo slower, and ones that try to keep up with the Suns, but they are probably the only one who will try to do both. It should be interesting. Not overlooking them in the slightest.

ImageImage
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Parker -- and to a certain extent, Ginobili -- is the key to SA's ability to run, and also will be a major key for SA in this series. I've always said how TP goes, this team goes (Game 6 of the 2003 Finals when he disappeared and Stephen Jackson won it for them notwithstanding).

I always love watching the matchup between Parker and Nash. Parker may be just a sliver quicker given the ages between the two, but Nash is a flat-out magician on offense. Can't remember which game it was in the first round this year that I was watching ... maybe Game 2 against the Fakers ... where Nash was putting on an absolute clinic, making the Lakers look like a fucking high school team.

Fuck, even I was watching and blurting "Holy Shit!" After some of the plays in the game.

It's too bad Dallas pulled a 1990s SA Spurs and blew their wad during the regular season. No doubt PHX and SA should be playing in the WCF this year.

Btw, Fuck the East. Detroit seems to be playing like they were in 2004, sans Larry Brown. If they take Chicago in 6 or less, I'll start taking them seriously.
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

I think homecourt may end up being the difference in this series both teams won the games on their home floor during the regular season, I think it continues here. Phoenix is also healthy for the first time in the last two post-seasons. Two years ago Joe Johnson was out and last year Stoudemire, K. Thomas and eventually Bell all went down. Parker is a very tough match-up for Nash and I expect he will have a big series. This should be a hell of a series and even though I think PHX wins Game 1, I'd be hard-pressed to lay the 4.5 that the books want.
Looking forward to tomorrow and the start of the series.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Mook wrote:I think homecourt may end up being the difference in this series both teams won the games on their home floor during the regular season, I think it continues here. Phoenix is also healthy for the first time in the last two post-seasons. Two years ago Joe Johnson was out and last year Stoudemire, K. Thomas and eventually Bell all went down. Parker is a very tough match-up for Nash and I expect he will have a big series. This should be a hell of a series and even though I think PHX wins Game 1, I'd be hard-pressed to lay the 4.5 that the books want.
Looking forward to tomorrow and the start of the series.
Yes, PHX is healthy for the first time in two post-seasons, which, as a 20+year Spurs fan, has me very concerned. Not that I want anyone from the Suns injured, but they haven't had all their guys at full strength the last two post-seasons, as you pointed out, and SA -- outside of recent history -- had virtually ZERO chance of winning a game in that building. Hell, I think the thing had been open 8-9 years before the Spurs finally won there in the late '90s. Of course, that was then and the Spurs seemed to have figured out how to win in that arena, obviously.

All that being said, I see both teams winning on each other's home court and tied, with a monster Game 5 ... in Phoenix.

I normally work Sundays, but not today. :D
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

RadioFan wrote:It's too bad Dallas pulled a 1990s SA Spurs and blew their wad during the regular season.

Huh?

SA got through the playoffs pretty well in 90, until they ran into a much better team in the WCF, and still took them to Game 7, probably due to James Donaldson taking out all of their opponent's centers in an earlier series.
Last edited by Dinsdale on Sun May 06, 2007 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Okay, it's nervous time. I have a high degree of confidence in the Suns beating anyone in a seven game series, but still...

Spurs are 3-0 in playoff series when Duncan is healthy. They are to the Suns what the Pistons were to the Bulls in the 90s. The team they could never get past-until they did. Then the rest was history. The Suns win this series, they win it all. And on the other hand, I don't see anyone else matching up against the Spurs if they move on. I actually think the frontcourt is going to be the differance in this series-now that the Suns actually have one.

Suns in 6.

BRING IT ON.

ImageImage
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Fuck.

It was actually a great game (except for the ending, of course). What can you say when the play of the game is the league MVP knocking the other teams PG out-and knocking himself out of the game down the stretch? Too many offensive rebounds for SA, and poor shooting from both teams. Hopefully the Suns will come out pissed on tuesday. Props to the Spurs.

Still Suns in 6.

ImageImage
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Sun=Mavs light.

Run and gun non-structured, no D playing teams have won how many titles?

Why does everyone call the East the JV? The top-seeded team, who clearly padded their win total by playing in the wild wild west, lost handily to a team that needed a win on the final night to make the playoffs. This doesn't speak to the overall power in the conference,IMO, but rather the relative parity.

Now the Suns become the choice. Yet without the "Chucking Canuck" in the final minutes, they effectively shit down their leg.

Pistons-Bulls winner wins it all. Everyone else is vying for second.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Diogenes wrote:Suns vs Spurs. All the rest is just cleanup.
I could have used some of that cleanup you speak of?

Sin,
Stevo
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

WolverineSteve wrote: Pistons-Bulls winner wins it all. Everyone else is vying for second.

Equally as asinine a statement as assuming that the Suns/Spurs winner gets a cakewalk in the Finals.

I remember the Finals of 30 years ago was billed as the most lopsided matchup in Finals history. Hehehehehe.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

WolverineSteve wrote:The top-seeded team, who clearly padded their win total by playing in the wild wild west, lost handily to a team that needed a win on the final night to make the playoffs. This doesn't speak to the overall power in the conference,IMO, but rather the relative parity.

I'd say it speaks more to you not knowing WTF is up.

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but with Baron Davis, JR Richardson, and Stephen Jackson all in the lineup, Golden State had the best record in the NBA during that span.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Dinsdale wrote:
WolverineSteve wrote:The top-seeded team, who clearly padded their win total by playing in the wild wild west, lost handily to a team that needed a win on the final night to make the playoffs. This doesn't speak to the overall power in the conference,IMO, but rather the relative parity.

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but with Baron Davis, JR Richardson, and Stephen Jackson all in the lineup, Golden State had the best record in the NBA during that span.
They were also the only team undefeted (3-0) against the Mavs during the regular season. The one first round matchup Dallas did not want any part of.

ImageImage
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Diogenes wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:

They were also the only team undefeted (3-0) against the Mavs during the regular season. The one first round matchup Dallas did not want any part of.
If they didn't want any part of it why did they rest their starters when facing the Warriors? One loss here or there would have eliminated the Warriors from the playoffs altogether. Continue being a dipshit.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

DallasFanatic wrote:
Diogenes wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:

If they didn't want any part of it why did they rest their starters when facing the Warriors?
Stupidity? Not that it would have mattered judging by what happened in the playoffs. They may have rested half their starters the last couple games of the regular season, but they were at full strength when they got stomped by 17 in the middle of march.

Idiot.

ImageImage
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

DallasFanatic wrote:If they didn't want any part of it why did they rest their starters when facing the Warriors? One loss here or there would have eliminated the Warriors from the playoffs altogether. Continue being a dipshit.

Dude, have you read this thread?

Realize that you're dealing with the stupidest motherfucker to ever foul the internet.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Don't be so hard on yourself. As long as Nick Frisco is around you're only a close second.

ImageImage
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Dinsdale wrote:Huh?

SA got through the playoffs pretty well in 90, until they ran into a much better team in the WCF, and still took them to Game 7, probably due to James Donaldson taking out all of their opponent's centers in an earlier series.
Nah, I didn't mean '90. Fucker.

Though I still maintain that was one of the greatest series ever played, despite both teams being in "small" markets.

I was referring to SA's penchant, in the 1990s in general. Go nuts in April every single year -- win 13 or 14 in a row -- then suddenly go stone cold in outside shooting in the first or second round of the playoffs. Of course, with guys like Vinnie Del Negro and Willie Anderson, that was bound to happen. Listening to Avery Johnson's talk about the '95 playoffs during this year's Mavs-GS game 6 post-game presser brought back some memories too ... bad ones. Spurs had the best record in the league and had beaten the Rockets six times in a row. Only that year Houston had come back from 3-1 against Barkley's Suns. The Rockets won the first two games in SA, then SA won the next two in Houston. The Rockets won game 5 in SA and closed it out back home. Fuck, that was probably the strangest series I've ever seen and and the most painful to watch as a Spurs fan.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

WolverineSteve wrote:Sun=Mavs light.

Run and gun non-structured, no D playing teams have won how many titles?
Did you even watch the game?

Phoenix played pretty damn good defense. The Spurs hit shots when they needed to. EOS.

Don't kid yourself, tard. That game easily could have gone PHX's way, especially had Nash not knocked heads with Parker.