The Pro Hoopstahs

Moderator: Moorese

Dinsdale
Lord Google

ROY

Post by Dinsdale »

:bigshocker:

I am curious about something, though...

BRoy recieved 127 of a possible 128 first place votes. My question is: WTF was the other guy smoking? Wasn't even a debate this year, even with ROY missing 1/4th of the season(and still scored more points than any other rookie).

If LaMarcus had been injury free and got the starting job earlier, it wouldn't have been much of a contest for second-place, either.

Don't get me wrong, I think Bargnani is pretty awesome...but he isn't in either of those guys' league.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Here's what he was thinking..
Hate to rain on the parade but Brandon Roy of Portland who had a terrific season and will win Rookie of the Year will not be a unanimous selection....I voted for Andrea Bargnani and here's why.

Bargnani was a significant player on a playoff team that won 47 games. He played in 65 games. Roy played on a team that won 30 games and Roy himself played in only 57 games. Roy's has a higher scoring average but on a team that is in a rebuilding program he was able to play more minutes ( 35 to 25min) Roy also attempted four more shots per game. Roy became the go-to guy on Portland's team. Bargnani was coming off the bench and at times was the third or fourth option on the floor behind Bosh, Ford and Parker. Bargnani was the Eastern Conference Rookie of the Month for January and February as the Raptors compiled a record of 19-8.

In head to head competition Bargnani scored 8 points-4 rebounds in Toronto. Roy was out with an injury.

In Portland, Roy was outstanding with a 16-10 game but Bargnani tossed in 11 including the game winning shot in OT as the Raps beat the Blazers 101-100.
Link
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Gee, and sportswriters wonder why they rank up there with used car salesmen and lawyers and politicians.

It was such a no-brainer, that some douche thought he would score some face time, or maybe brownie points with Kornheiser's tard brigade by being the lone voice of dissent in the crowd.

What a tool.

So...Roy scored more in his sleep than Bargnani(who as I mentioned, I think is quelle deece); became the go-to-guy, not in his first season, but in his first game; led all rookies in minutes per; assists per; and total points scored(missing a quarter of the season, and it wasn't like Bargnani didn't miss time too)...but since Bargnani played less minutes for a better team, he deserves ROY.

Wow...just wow. The Tard Detector just exploded. Those other 127 voters must not have known what's up.

BRoy had ROY locked up on opening freaking night. He went into his home freaking town, took over in the 4th quarter on both ends of the floor, and hit the game winner for a total of 20 points...in his first freaking game. Sure, dude thought he was being cutting-edge with his "Toronto made the playoffs," but he seems to forget that the Blazers made an 11 win improvement over last year, due mainly to Brandon.

What a freaking hack, who I'm sure is the laughingstock of NBA circles today.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

It's become clear that dude did it for the sole purpose of being a complete fuckhead. And even had the gall to use a column to disguise his being a fuckface. I'm sure even a canadian is smart enough to see through the ruse of "Roy was a much, much better player, but Bargnani's team made the playoffs." Even the writer didn't believe the bullshit he spewed in his defense.

Dude knew it was going to be unanimous, and decided to be a fucking dick...bottom line.

Only two players have won ROY on a unanimous vote -- Ralph Sampson and Tim Duncan. Dude just decided to cheat The Natural out of his first slice of the history books. When he starts racking up Finals MVP awards, the Lone Voice of Dissent is going to feel really fucking stupid.

What an asshole.