Michigan honks, your thoughts?

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

Hobbes
Elwood

Michigan honks, your thoughts?

Post by Hobbes »

....on T.J. Hensick? The Avs just signed him to a three year deal. I can see from his stats that he put up good numbers at the NCAA level, but having not watched much college hockey this year, I'm not sure what to think. What kind of player is he? Pros/cons to having him on the roster?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Good scorer in college but don't expect him to be your next captain or anything. He should be able to step in and be a solid contributor because of his speed and skill. He just never did much in big games...but then again, Michigan hasn't had a big game guy in quite a while. He'll fit in well with the young talent in Colorado...Stastny, Wolski, Svatos and Liles. I see him being a similar player to fellow Wolverines like Cammalleri, Comrie and Morrison (early in his career...not now). He won't play both ends of the ice but he'll be a 30 goal, 60-70 point guy when he develops...I don't see him going any higher.
Hobbes
Elwood

Post by Hobbes »

Thanks, Shoalzie. At least if he can score consistently, he'll be an upgrade from another 2nd line forward that doesn't play defense (*cough* Marek Svatos *cough*). The Avs played piss poor defense most of this year, so I'm not that thrilled to hear that he's not a great two way player, but hopefully he can work out as a good 2nd line 30 goal scorer.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

hensick was always pretty money during his college career. was also one of those traditional ungrateful and mouthy michigan fucks who i constantly rooted to catch a cross check in the throat.

he'll be alright.