Couple of questions...

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Couple of questions...

Post by Goober McTuber »

...re: Tiger and The Masters.

Tiger busted his 4-iron on number 11. According to my buddies at work, the announcers made a big deal about him being allowed to replace it. But apparently he never did.
Despite snapping his club, Woods managed a par save. On the par-3 12th, he said he hit a 5-iron and managed another two-putt par.

“I had to hit it a hard as I could and work it to get it on the green, but it worked out,” Woods said.
So if he still had his 4-iron, that’s what he would have played? Wasn’t that hole playing at about 159 yards? Even with the wind, isn’t that like an 8-iron for Tiger?

Also, David Feherty was on somebody’s radio show Monday, and mentioned that Tiger snapped the 4-iron on 11, and that that was the club he needed for the shot on 15 that he put in the water. But I also read that he hit a 3-iron on 15. But a 4-iron would have carried the water?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: Couple of questions...

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote:So if he still had his 4-iron, that’s what he would have played? Wasn’t that hole playing at about 159 yards? Even with the wind, isn’t that like an 8-iron for Tiger?

Remember...after a big PGA event, EVERYBODY was Tiger's caddie come monday morning.

But if I remember right, the wind was coming in at 25-30MPH, and it was a little on the cold side. For those buried in snow all winter who don't play any winter golf -- low temps have a huge affect on ball flight and distance. HUGE. Once you drop below 45 or thereabouts, it's generally about two full clubs longer. Factor in a big headwind for another club or so, and a 4 or 5 sounds about right.

Or a driver, for Ken.

Also, David Feherty was on somebody’s radio show Monday, and mentioned that Tiger snapped the 4-iron on 11, and that that was the club he needed for the shot on 15 that he put in the water. But I also read that he hit a 3-iron on 15. But a 4-iron would have carried the water?

We're going back a few days now, but I seem to remember that he mis-hit that upshot on 15 anyway. When a long, arduous club selection takes place among my golfing buddies, which is then followed by a duff/bad hit, we have a word for that...

The club selection was "mooted," as in "moot point."

IIRC, Tiger mooted that shot. I think he tried to fade it in. Regardless, he ballwashed.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

yeah, Eldrick tried to hit a huge fade and use the width of the green to his advantage and the open club face to get the ball up in the air.....it's an interesting thought that if he had the four...it may not have been necessary to hit such a wild card shot.

but, who knows?

Feherty seemed sort of perplexed by the shot as it unfolded.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: Couple of questions...

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:So if he still had his 4-iron, that’s what he would have played? Wasn’t that hole playing at about 159 yards? Even with the wind, isn’t that like an 8-iron for Tiger?

Remember...after a big PGA event, EVERYBODY was Tiger's caddie come monday morning.

But if I remember right, the wind was coming in at 25-30MPH, and it was a little on the cold side. For those buried in snow all winter who don't play any winter golf -- low temps have a huge affect on ball flight and distance. HUGE. Once you drop below 45 or thereabouts, it's generally about two full clubs longer. Factor in a big headwind for another club or so, and a 4 or 5 sounds about right.

Or a driver, for Ken.

Your weather conditions sound right for Saturday. But on Sunday afternoon it was in the mid 50’s with wind speeds generally less than 10 mph. Still sounds like a lot of club to me.

I’ll buy the argument about the mooted shot on 15.

And Ken would be playing from the whites, so he’d probably hit a 3-wood.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim