1960 Masters final round to air Sunday

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

1960 Masters final round to air Sunday

Post by King Crimson »

Arnie duels Venturi down the back nine. fuck Jim Nantz but props on this.

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news?s ... &type=lgns
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

huh, yahoo changed my previous link.

before the Sunday round, the network is going to show an hour of footage Nantz had worked to restore...from the Venturi-Palmer duel in 1960.

should be sweet.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Thanks for the heads-up. That was fun to watch.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

The Seer wrote:Thanks for the heads-up. That was fun to watch.
Ditto. Thanks to my DVR, I was able to watch the "1 hour" special in 40 minutes after fast forwarding through commercials. Rack me.

About the only downside was not being able to see more than a single shot from Snead, Hogan and Nicklaus. I was absolutely amazed at the behavior of the gallery on 17 after Palmer holed out his long birdie putt. Did they not have course marshals back then to tell people to STFU while Casper was trying to putt? Even more surprising was McKay's apparent surprise that Palmer was allowing Casper to putt first on 18. One would think that it would have been a given considering the bedlam that was about to erupt when Arnie sunk his putt to win.

Oh, and you have to love what constituted a pure putting stroke back in the day. The golfers looked like they were trying to kill dinner, not putt a golf ball the way they were stabbing at it. Thank God for advances in agronomy.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

What I found most surprising was the crowd rushing onto the middle of the fairway at 18 after Venturi hit to the green, as if they were the last group of the day.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Goober McTuber wrote:What I found most surprising was the crowd rushing onto the middle of the fairway at 18 after Venturi hit to the green, as if they were the last group of the day.
Good point. In general, the gallery errr "patron" behavior was completely unacceptable by modern Tour standards.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Nice to see Arnie continually puffing on a heater between shots. Also, when Arnie let Casper putt out first on 18, he didn’t spend his time lining up his own put from six different directions. He walked over to the edge of green and sat down in the grass and watched.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

BSmack wrote:
The Seer wrote:Thanks for the heads-up. That was fun to watch.
Ditto. Thanks to my DVR, I was able to watch the "1 hour" special in 40 minutes after fast forwarding through commercials. Rack me.

yeah. i guess i managed to convince myself that Nantz and CBS would be playing by a different "set of rules" for that. still, pretty nifty though.
"