L.A. Golf courses

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

Mook
Elwood

L.A. Golf courses

Post by Mook »

I need a little help. I'm going to be driving out to LA next Monday for some meetings, I'm coming in from Phoenix. I'm driving so I can get in a round of golf of Monday somewhere in LA. I'll probably be arriving around 11am or so and our meetings are in the Hollywood area. Any good golf courses that I could just walk on Monday morning? Something in the area I'll be in or even out east would be cool since I'll be driving right past.

Not interested in anything in OC, too far out of the way and I've played several courses down there, Pelican Hill, Monarch Beach and Talega (I think that is what it was called.) All nice.

It doesn't have to be way upscale just a fun track where I can knock out 18 in a reasonable amount of time with the least amount of hassle.

Thanks!
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

So is lastminutegolfer.com in many parts of North America.

Just not the southwest yet...
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Use them here in the 'burgh. I capitalize on some good greens fees several times/summer. My golf bud and I have entered a tourney or two sponsored by them (finished 3rd of 50+ teams last year). Good organization. Now if they would just add my favorite course to their list of members, all would be dandy.

I find that greenskeeper.org does a better job of reporting course info including current conditions. Course reviews are better too. Too bad they ain't here in the 'burgh. Nonetheless, I travel to the west coast enough to keep my interest level in greenskeeper.org up a bit.