The Pro Hoopstahs

Moderator: Moorese

Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Greatest. Player. Ever.

Post by Raydah James »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_G-DW3YOYs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m658D8UiJUY

and he just became the 4th player in NBA history to go for 50 or more for the 3rd straight game by getting 60 last night.

RACK The greatest player since Jordan to take the court.

Watching him tear shit up on the hardwood for this many years has been an absolute pleasure.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

So is he the greatest player ever or the greatest since MJ?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I knew this was coming when I saw in the paper this morning that Kobe had lit it up again.

Elgin Baylor
Wilt Chamberlain
Michael Jordan

That's some pretty elite company.

Rack your boy, James.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Cicero wrote:greatest since MJ
Right Now.

Cicero wrote:greatest player ever
By the time he retires.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Raydah James wrote:
Cicero wrote:greatest since MJ
Right Now.

I would agree

Cicero wrote:greatest player ever
By the time he retires.
I dont see him surpassing what Jordan did. I dont have anything against Kobe. I think he will go down as the 2nd best shooting guard of all-time but I just dont see getting anywhere near 10 scoring titles, 5 League MVP's and 6 Finals MVP's.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Heres the Video from last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfcx-0W4abw

Cicero, he will be the Greatest Ever by the time he hangs it up.......and Jordan will come to endorse him as such.

Mark my words.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

I watched the highlights last night and he is awesome. Jordan will never endorse him as such though.

Jordan did similar things but they were in the playoffs in Boston Garden, Madison Square and the Palace of Auburn Hills.

Everything Kobe is doing Jordan as already done. Nothing is wrong w/ being #2.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Cicero wrote:I watched the highlights last night and he is awesome. Jordan will never endorse him as such though.

Jordan did similar things but they were in the playoffs in Boston Garden, Madison Square and the Palace of Auburn Hills.

Everything Kobe is doing Jordan as already done. Nothing is wrong w/ being #2.

Kobe scored 81 in a come from behind victory against the Raptors, and it took him 3 less shots than when MJ scored 64.

^^^^^^^
Jordan never did that.

Kobe and MJ are friends and talk all the time. Im sure he'd have no problem coming correct if it calls for it at the end of Kobe's career.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Kobe just did it again.

5:11 left in the 4th and he's at 50. Again.

Only one other player has ever accomplished this feat of 4 straight 50+ point games:

Wilt.

Simply. Fucking. Beautiful.

RACK KB24, baby.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

The streak is officially over as the Warriors locked Kobe down and held him to only "43" last night.

:lol:

5 game win streak in which Kobe put the team on his shoulders yet again and has us virtually in the playoffs. RACK.

Anyhow, heres the last game that put him in the company of only Wilt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFj4762ICZA
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

If Kobe is so great, why doesn't he have to adhere to the same rules as everyone else?

Seriously?

Ever since the NBA decided to market the stars instead of the overall product, the NBA has sucked donkey balls. The Jordan Rules ruined the game, without question.

I'm just such a life-long addict, I'm still hooked on their shitty junk.

But how many points would Kobe score if they enforced at least the travelling rules(and nevermind that he was allowed to shove Brandon Roy into the forst row of seats for his big basket against the Blazers, right in front of the ref, and as plain as day to everyone in the arena or in front of a TV...pathetic)...

If he played by the rules that are written, this guy doesn't score 15 a game without a MAJOR adjustment to his style of play.

And don't even try and argue this. We could break out some tape, and I could prove beyond any and all doubt that KoMe travels over 80% of the times he touches the ball...WELL over 80%.

If he's so good, why does he need the refs help?

And this is why your league is going broke, Mr Stern...what a fucking joke. Funny how people aren't as willing to watch rigged games as they are fair ones, eh Commisitard?

Shaq never should have made an NBA team to start with. Without his 6th, 7th, and 8th men on the floor helping, the guy is worthless.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

IMO they didnt call enough fouls on Shaq. The guy got hacked every single time he got the ball. Yeah he was aggressive but he was also 330 moving like a SF. If he knocked into you, they were going to fly.

Shaq did get lazy and he did put off his teammates but dont sit there and say Shaq was only good b/c of the refs.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

[marq=left] :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/marq]

Nice melt Cuntsdale.

BOW to the greatest. player. ever-Kobe fukking Bryant.

Dinsdale wrote: (and nevermind that he was allowed to shove Brandon Roy into the forst row of seats for his big basket against the Blazers, right in front of the ref, and as plain as day to everyone in the arena or in front of a TV...pathetic)

Fucking. Pwnt.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Cicero wrote:IMO they didnt call enough fouls on Shaq..

In not-so-breaking news...Cicero is still a fucking idiot.

Yeah, teams kind of had to start hacking in response to some guy who pushed guys out of the post(a foul), caught the ball, lowered his shoulder and initiated contact(a foul), then pushed his opponent away/to the floor(a foul).

Hell, some ooposing centers used to run away from the paint once Shaq caught the ball, and he'd change his course away from the basket to hit them...and the opponent still would get called for the foul.

Yeah he was aggressive but he was also 330 moving like a SF

Link? Unless that "SF" is named B-uttspray, I don't think we're talking about the same Shaq.

If he knocked into you, they were going to fly.

Oh, dear God...

Here, I'll see if I can help you out with some remedial education, Sissy...

They have another name for that in basketball...it's called an "offensive foul." Unless a guy with a shoe contract does the fouling.

But I see life in Fantasyland has been good to you.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

You're just bitter he took it to the Blazers for a good 4-5 year stretch. I guess everyone else who covers basketball is a fucking idiot as more people agree w/ me than you.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Cicero wrote:You're just bitter he took it to the Blazers for a good 4-5 year stretch.

In the last 30+ years, a lot of players have done that. I respect many of them as great players. Shaq will never get this respect, because he wasn't a great player. He was simply a freak that came along at the right time, when the NBA knew it needed to develop a new face to market...and who better than an affable pituitary-freak?

I guess everyone else who covers basketball is a fucking idiot

Yeah, pretty much.

Wait...name one announcer that doesn't use a variant of the phrase "when the Rook has been around a little longer and earns the respect of the officials, he'll get that call."

Go ahead, name ONE that hasn't uttered something like that.

There isn't one.

So, I guess every single announcer out there actually agrees with me, in that the rules aren't applied evenly, and the officials are in a dynamic state of "interpretation."
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Worst premise for a thread........ever.

You can usually find the greatest players ever on .500 teams struggling to make the post season. How's the greatest coach ever working out on his second go round in LaLa land? Phils a douche, Kobe's a ball hogging whore, and the Lakes will be out in one round if they make the second season at all.

Let the real teams take center stage. Hoops is a team sport, not a one man show like Kobe is and Iverson was in Philly.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Who the fuck are you again, you sloppy whiny cunt?

Kobe's supporting cast flat out fucking sucks cock-homeboy is double teamed nearly every trip down the floor, and its the gutless pussies like sasha, smush, brown, and cook that miss wide open shot after wide open shot. How the fuck is that kobe's fault, faggot?

Until his record breaking 50+ point barrage (To which this beautiful thread is dedicated to) he was averaging 5 less shots a game than last year. As usual, his shitbag cast couldnt deliver with nobody within 6 feet of them. Kobe put us on his back, and flat out grinded us to wins. Without him, the Lakers have the most ping pong balls in the draft.....unless they're in the East, in which case they'd be the number 1 seed in that unwatchable shit conference.

Back to the topic: Although its already a foregone conclusion that the Lakers wont be winning thier 15th title this year, Kobe has made the season much more digestive with his gutsy efforts night in and night out to keep us alive for one of the last playoff seeds.

RACK kb24

Barring another 50-80 point pourdown in these last few contests, he broke another record:

50+ point games in a season: 9 (Wilt was the only other player to accomplish this feat, and he last did it in 1964-65)

In. fucking. credible.

Heres his 53 point drop on the Rockets:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFDGsiWlTj0

As for next season, if we dont land KG or another serious impact player, dont be surprised to see Bitch Kupcake fucking lynched in front of Staples Center. Seeing a proud and great franchise like the Lakers clawing for a final playoff spot (Welcome back, 90's) is unacceptable. Period.
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

that 7-24 showing last night against raja bell (kobe: "who?") was epic. that dickwad calling the game sounded like billy packer and was all over bryant and the lakers schlong all night. he was begging for them to win when they pulled within five or six and then seemed completely deflated when kobe missed a 15 footer. "the lakers have lived all year on kobe making that shot, and hes made more than hes missed" i dont have google time, but i bet he is wrong. i wouldnt be surprised if kobes fg % is less than 40. he is a rapist and should be stopped. thank god for the suns and raja bell and the entire state of arizona and all fans of the suns that hate the lakers and kobe bryant even more.
help me scrape the mucus off my brain
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Not one misspelling or piglet wife reference by bbq?

:?

Time to pass the fucking keys to another tard who'll at least try with this shit troll.
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

sobriety does wonders for typing. as for being a shit troll, i am not happy about that. ask about me, jct knows.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Kobe's FG % is .461

If you'd have been drunk you'd have never fugged that up, q.
I blame George Bush.

Or your fat pig wife.

Hit the sauce and you'll once again find your game.

Unrack JCT's shit troll.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Heres Kobe scoring 50 for the 10th fucking time this season while sewing up a 7th seed for the Lakers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCcmSEqeJcM

I'll say it again-Kobe should be the MVP. Without him, we're fucking lottery bound and quite possibly the worst team in the league.

If the name "Jordan" and the number 23 was on the back of the jersey, he'd be making the call to Stern to have the MVP polished with a few extra coats. Period.

Guess KB will just have to settle for shattering Jordans records.
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

Raydah James wrote: Guess KB will just have to settle for shattering Jordans records.
hehe

6 titles to 3

what other records are there? mvps? nyah. scoring"? nyah. all-defense?

what the fuck are you already wallowing in the 5 game asskicking the suns bout to put on the lakers? woo hoo.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

bbqjones wrote:
Raydah James wrote: Guess KB will just have to settle for shattering Jordans records.
hehe

6 titles to 3

Great Argument.

Sin,

Jordan had only 1 fucking title at Kobe's age.
what other records are there? mvps? nyah. scoring"? nyah. all-defense?
The records broken have been posted in this thread. 23 isnt coming back anytime soon to claim them.

KB holds the records for youngest and fastest to hit 10, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, and 19 thousand points, among many, many others.
what the fuck are you already wallowing in the 5 game asskicking the suns bout to put on the lakers? woo hoo.

You're fucking cancelled, Dumbshit-The series is 7 games.

Try knowing about the sport you're talking about before opening up your cockport, bitch. I know, its asking alot of a dumbfuck like yourself.

Until then, enjoy your trophy case looking like this yet again tard:

bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

you win the suns have no championships smackoff.

but, scoring records by age . championships by age?

dude kobe is a rapist (anal) and scores alot. very good verry verrrry good player. not jordan. in fact the only player even in the jordan discussion should be:

tom freakin "slammin black asses" and taking names later* """ chambers

*or the white wonder
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Raydah James wrote:asking alot of a dumbfuck

Looks like there's now two people who are "cancelled" in this thread.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Dinsdale wrote:
Raydah James wrote:asking alot of a dumbfuck

Looks like there's now two people who are "cancelled" in this thread.

So how far are your Blazeups going to go in the playoffs?

Oh, wait.............

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

What part of "rebuilding" are you struggling with?

And if the lottery balls(and the Zers can't even touch the number of ping pong balls the Lakers have had) come up right, or the neo-GM busts a move...

The Western Conference is over for the next ten years.

And I'll be starting a "Greatest Player Ever" thread...because #7 is going to make everyone forget alllll about Kobme.
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

kober bryantg looks liker a rat.

and he is a rapsist.
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

kobe aint nothin but a playground ballhog.

and a rapist.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Game 1 of the Playoffs: Kobe shoots 46% and drops 39 points while getting no room to operate and being doubled half the time while holding his assignment to 2 points.......and the Lakers lose by 8.

Good god our supporting cast sucks fucking cock.

Watching Amare, Barbosa, and Nash abuse our scrubs was epic. Really.

The only good thing that came out of this was Smushed Pieceofshit not taking the floor for more than 10 minutes and only getting one shot off (Which was missed, of course) and one turnover. I'd RACK Phil for that move alone, but it just meant that Farmar's sorry ass and his fucking Dumbo ears got to see more playing time than usual.................One piece of hardened dogshit vs. another. Decisions, Decisions.

The Suns played a hell of a game, and deserve props for the win.

Bring on game 2.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

G.a.m.e.t.w.o.o.v.a.h.K.o.m.e.i.n.h.e.r.a.s.s.w.h.i.l.e.s.h.e.s.c.r.e.a.m.s.n.o.w.i.l.l.n.e.v.e.r.w.i.n.a.n.o.t.h.e.r.t.i.t.l.e.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

The Suns put on an absolute clinic last night. I don't remember the last time the Lakers looked that godawful in a playoff game.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

RadioFan wrote:I don't remember the last time the Lakers looked that godawful in a playoff game.
I do. The last time Kobe's ego was more important than his team...the Finals vs. Detroit.

Yup, he's overtaken a couple of MJ's recprds -- number of complete tankjobs in the 4th quarter to singlehandedly lose his team a playoff game. Number of times he's allowed his team to be labelled "worst defensive team in history."

There's quite a few MJ records going down via Kobe.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Kobe doesn't belong in any conversation titled "best ever".

Nice game 2. Damn does he suck. The Suns may be the worst defensive team going. It should suit Kobe's game, runnin and a gunnin. But the douche scores 6 points over the last three q's. What a giant piece of suck.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

The Kobe/Detoilet debacle is never to be spoken of in LA.

Lakerfan is very well aware of the fact that he single handedly cost us a 4th straight title. If he passes the fucking ball in that series, we smash another subpar shit East team in Detoilet handily.

Bottom line: Kobe is out of gas. Dude could only carry us on his shoulders for so long before it was going to happen.

Obviously, moves have to be made in the offseason to acquire help for KB24-because no matter what he may think, he cannot do it himself. Kupcake best make some impact acquisitions, or get run the fuck outta town. Simple as that.

Too bad West and Phil dont get along-I'd love to see that cat back in the front office.

The funniest thing about this thread? The fact that every cunt's team combined who chimed in to talk shit doesnt have half the rings of the great Laker franchise.

:lol: :lol:
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Kobe's not even in the top five greatest players in Minny/LA franchise history.

And the Pistons own LA in NBA finals to the tune of 11-5. Were it not for the refs giving the farwell ring to Kareem, the 'stons would have one that one too.Sit the fuck down now.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

WolverineSteve wrote:Kobe's not even in the top five greatest players in Minny/LA franchise history.

And the Pistons own LA in NBA finals to the tune of 11-5. Were it not for the refs giving the farwell ring to Kareem, the 'stons would have one that one too.Sit the fuck down now.
I laughed. Hard.

Magic getting a series ending injury and Kobe being a selfish cunt a few years ago meant your shitstain franchise enjoyed a gift of 2 titles.

Guess we'll just have to settle for 14 banners hanging in the rafters, and being the team with the most titles this decade.

Sit down and shut the fuck up tard-you're done.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Lakers throughout history better than Kobe...

in no particular order.

Magic
Wilt
Mikan
Kareem
West

How old are you? Do you remember any of these guys? Have you ever read any history of the team you root for?
-John Heisman

Go Blue!